ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor Edge General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a savegame from NG3 on your HDD, you will get instant access to this outfit:

If not, you have to unlock it via playing.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....I think this might be the first time I somewhat didn't regret playing NG3 lol
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we have a save of NG3, can we get Razor's Edge for free too while they're at it?
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuhan wrote:
Hmmm....I think this might be the first time I somewhat didn't regret playing NG3 lol

Nah, even this doesn't make me regret not purchasing that Beta.

...I'll finally buy this whole game even though Hayashi is still associated / involved, lol.

Hicho9
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since finishing vanilla NG3 last year, I really have not been paying much attention to it. I mildly enjoyed it, but like most here, I found the gameplay just not as fun or satisfying and a pale imitation of previous games so never bothered returning to it. With this announcement of Razor's Edge for the PS3/360, I am now reading up on all the detailed impressions of RE, what has changed, etc., and I have to say that I am actually genuinely kind of excited for the game again. The consensus is that NG3: RE is a pretty decent NG game again, although still not as good as NGB or NG2...seems almost more like a NG 2.5 and honestly, that is fine with me! The combat really looks satisfying now and I like alot of the little changes they have made (new cicada surge move and 360 shuriken attack sound sweet). Plus, the game now has all of my favorite NG weapons (sword, dual swords, lunar, talons, kusari and scythe)----these are the exact weapons I enjoyed the most in NG2. Plus, all the ninpo back, an upgrade/skill system, etc...

I think the main aspect of NG3 that cannot really be salvaged, and what will inescapably make it not as good as other NGs, is the uninspired level design. Specifically, the level design gave you no ability to make use of your environment alot in combat. Actually, if they eventually make a NG4, this I think is one of the next frontiers/evolution in doing something new with the combat gameplay---develop new and greater ways Ryu can use the environment as a tool in combat.

Anyway, despite this, I am still excited now for an actual decent NG game and will gladly pick this up day one. I was solely focused on MGR as my next big action fix, but now am looking forward to NG3:RE nearly as much.

BTW:
It was reading Gabriel Zamora's (GFaqs user Dracozombie), a guy whose opinions I respect, that particularly made me feel positive on the game: http://www.2d-x.com/ninja-gaiden-3-razo ... ng-better/
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think the main aspect of NG3 that cannot really be salvaged, and what will inescapably make it not as good as other NGs, is the uninspired level design. Specifically, the level design gave you no ability to make use of your environment alot in combat. Actually, if they eventually make a NG4, this I think is one of the next frontiers/evolution in doing something new with the combat gameplay---develop new and greater ways Ryu can use the environment as a tool in combat.

This. There are some levels like Day 3 or Day 7 that are a bit better in that regard, but overall it's the biggest flaw of the game (Day 5 is especially bad). Even then though, I think I will enjoy RE more than NGII Vanilla…
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This better not be an April fools. (would be the most evil one ever)
With that said........My body's ready Laughing
Hicho9
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG3:RE for the PS3/360 appears to be confirmed for $39.99 on Amazon. Nice!
TheWrathPrince
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shes the most evil woman slayer I've known.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a demo. The Karma points gained in it will be transfered to the full game too.

I prefer to start the game from square one though.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OGpdDooEVo

PS3, 360 trailer
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaand, the demo is up on the PSN. I'll get this when I have the time.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a little of the demo and got whooped on normal. I'm going to give it another go today and try to unlock Kasumi. Graphics look really nice though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the game dose look better, it plays a lot better as well, i thought the difficulty was pretty good for the most part its what i would expect form an NG game, it was nice to see the rocket launchers back in force and it was a very smart move to but like no heath on them so they die with one shot, if the bow would auto target the farthest enemy that would be good cos i don't even aim the bow i just jump an shoot,

like i say i thought the difficulty for the most part was good but the alchemist where horrible my first play through of both levels i had hell with them really pain full and way too overly cheep, when i cant beat any thing my fall back plan is usually spam UTs and that what i did an that's how i beat them, so yeah spam the lvl.1 UTs if there shooting the square projectiles you can stand close to them and charge UT because the square projectiles float around a bit before hitting you

i really don like the health and ninpo bar it seems have changed form NG3 now the ninpo isn't no longer sacrificed at the end of the fight... i think, and some ninpo have longer pars and sometimes it gives you more health then other times i really cant figure it out and easy my biggest complaint, really don't like the heath and ninpo bar, bring back the NG2 bar and items and essence non of the nonsense bars extending and decreasing

i have enjoyed the demo i played it a few times now running through the chapters with Ayane and Ryu, how do you unlock Kasumi?
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good demo, though Ryu is still not as responsive as NGII.....give me back my roll Cry Baby

To unlock Kasumi get S rank on every difficulty for both days in chapter challenge with Ayane.

My mains in this game:

Nameless Shinobi-

Kasumi-

Ayane-

Momiji-

R.I.P. Ryu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: