ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Kasumi coming to NG3: Razor's Edge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, is it me or she actually teleports to chain steel-on-bones?
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think she teleports to chain steel-on-bones. I think they just cut to another SoB quickly to make it more dramatic. Usually when she teleports, she has those cherry blossom pedal effects. It looks like the camera just jumped ahead to he next Sob. Either way, Kasumi looks epic to say the very least lol.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of giving the shuriken to Ryu they gave it to another boring-only-one-weapon character.

Now NG has 4 of them, lol

Pointless sex-sells character (they could have implemented Hayate as well, but unfortunately he has no boobs), pointless DLC, pointless game. I wait for a GOOD NG4.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt there will be a NG4… and even if there is it will be on PS4/Xbox3, which I won't bother to buy (these consoles with probably be the death of not-handheld gaming).

I won't buy a Sigma 3 either if they dare sell it 60 bucks, or make NG3 Vanilla owners pay at all (cause it's their own damn fault if NG3 was so flawed despite its potential).

But Razor's Edge really looks fun to play. Sad
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Instead of giving the shuriken to Ryu they gave it to another boring-only-one-weapon character.

Now NG has 4 of them, lol

Pointless sex-sells character (they could have implemented Hayate as well, but unfortunately he has no boobs), pointless DLC, pointless game. I wait for a GOOD NG4.

Agreed all the way.
Plus her gameplay doesn't look very different from the other chicks and she's not as fast as Ayane. The only thing I approve is her ninpo which is awesome. The rest is not very different. Her teleport seems here only for the style. ryu does the same without teleporting.
And I can't bear her "yaaaah!" and "aaaah!" which sound ridiculous.
Seeing her slashing fiends... No she really doesn't fit into Ninja Gaiden -_-'
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree All the way Laughing
but then again I've always been a Kasumi fan
so instead of talking about it in bias opinion I found a gameplay video showcasing
her unique style of play.....seems like she can force SOB like Ryu in Vanilla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgcpGRjPyTg

I hope they keep adding more characters Razz

Last edited by gripper on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear my poor Doku... what had they done with you? You look so weakened and pitiful while you used to be so badass... Cry Baby

Kasumi unique style:
-her shuriken is Ryu's in NG2
-I haven't realized the first time I watch the video but her ninpo is also one of Ryu's ninpo in NG2 a little modified at the end (it's not a energy ball anymore but a laser but the result is the same)
-same UT too.

Only her combos are somewhat different. But all they did is picking in Ryu's previous abilities and give them to Kasumi instead of creating new attacks for them...

It is not "bias opinion", we debate and explain our opinions and are open-minded. We don't say "Dat totally sucks, u r all dumbass" and leave. If we cannot confront our opinions here in a forum, where can we do it?
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree that they were totally lazy for UTs… apart from the scythe, the BotA and the Kusarigama, all the weapons seem to have the same UT.

Good thing they gave her a way to force SoB, but then that would have been even better to keep that ability for Ryu in the first place. TT^TT The slide-SoB is a move I love to do in Vanilla.

Quote:
Oh dear my poor Doku... what had they done with you?

They haven't done anything to him, and that's the problem. He stayed every bit as slow and predictable as in NG1; Ryu and the other player characters didn't.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-her shuriken is Ryu's in NG2

No...., hers actually works Very Happy , plus it hits on rebound, in the hands of a skilled NG player
this opens up new combat strategies.
Quote:
-I haven't realized the first time I watch the video but her ninpo is also one of Ryu's ninpo in NG2 a little modified at the end (it's not a energy ball anymore but a laser but the result is the same)

Looks like an upgraded version of the Torn Sky Shot to me and because it is different at the end
means a new strategy can be applied also (I like the little details)

Quote:
-same UT too.

Most of the UT's for the characters are very lazy indeed Sad

Quote:
It is not "bias opinion",

I meant my "Bias opinion" Wink
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They actually took Ryus Katana animations and changed them slightly. I mean....yeah whatever. Nothing we haven't seen before. Boring.

But Nintendo has to sell the WiiU somewhow so of course a different NG3 with THE character from DOA is the way to go. Still, not gonna buy a brand new system just for a different looking NGS2 (<<<<< ftw!).
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed there a slights difference but they are too minor to be really a new thing. All of these should have return to Ryu with these changes and they should have think of a really new stuff for her so she would not seem to be pointless.

gripper wrote:

Quote:
It is not "bias opinion",

I meant my "Bias opinion" Wink

Ah sorry I took this for me since I myself have initially a bias opinion too towards Kasumi XD
She is exactly the kind of character that bores me, but on this topic I took care to give only real objective arguments and no biased hate comments about her.

Female Tengu wrote:
But Nintendo has to sell the WiiU somewhow so of course a different NG3 with THE character from DOA is the way to go. Still, not gonna buy a brand new system just for a different looking NGS2 (<<<<< ftw!).

Indeed, Nintendo must have paid them well just like they did to Platinum game for Bayonetta 2...
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really don't think Nintendo had any thing to do with anything when it comes to NG3RE, if people didn't rant about NG3 it wouldn't have even changed,

there are bigger games coming out on the wii U that that have less improvements i hear all of Mass Effect's DLC wont be coming to the wii U, NG isn't a system seller Nintendo isn't even pushing it them self, Nintendo has nothing to do with any thing with NG3RE apart form just publishing it
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasumi looks similar to Ryu and that's why I like her more than the other girls. I haven't tried out Momiji and Ayane in Ninja Gaiden 3 RE but I know they didn't compare to Ryu in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I never liked Ayane's dual kodachis. She's fast but they have little range and I always felt like enemies could interrupt her easily. I really wish they would give her Genra's weapon. Rachel is a little slow and her and Momiji don't have a flying swallow attack. I always wanted Momiji to use a sword like she did in NGDS and I'm not a big fan of the Naginata. Maybe if her moves were similar to the Lunar, then I would like her a lot more. I just felt Ryu was better than the girls. But Kasumi seems to be on par with Ryu.

I know a few of you are big Ayane fans so I know why you don't like Kasumi hahaha. I've been using Kasumi since DOA1 and she's my main character so I'm happy to have her. I still don't think I'll get a Wii U unless there are more games I want on the system. I'm still hoping for a NGS3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see it lol. From what I have seen of her gameplay so far, her animations are not at all modified versions of Ryu's moveset. If you watch closely, almost all of her combos incorporate her notable moves from DOA5. I mostly main Kasumi on DOA5, so it's very easy to spot those moves in RE. It would be illogical for them to give her a modified version of Ryu's moveset, when she already has an established moveset of her own. Her unique grabs have even been included. At most, there are some very vague similarities between her and Ryu, however that's largely due to the fact that they are both wielding a Katana. It stands to reason that their fighting styles would have very minor similarities if they are essentially using the same weapon. Hell, Momiji had virtually the same moves as Ryu in NGDS lol. Even if they are similar, I'm fine with that. Of the four ninja from DOA, I've always considered Kasumi to be the closest to Ryu's level of power, so I would take no issue with them fighting similarly.

Also her Ninpo is completely different. Quite literally, the only similarities between Torn Sky Blast and Piercing Void is the charge animation. Even when Torn Sky Blast made it's first debut way before NG2 (DOA2), Hayate fired it in a similar fashion. Except it was a blast of Electricity and not a Pink Laser. Actually, the way she uses it in RE is virtually the exact same way she uses it in DOA Dimensions (when she defeats Raidou).

Skip to 7:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOF4GQuT0uA

The way she charges it, the way she fires it, even the fact that it's a pink energy beam is all straight from DOA Dimensions. It's always been her move, it was never something they took from Ryu. Besides, Laser =/= Energy Ball lol. By that logic, we can say that Piercing Void is nothing but a modified version of the original Fire Ball Ninpo in NG1, but this is not the case.

It's understandable to not like her as a playable character for a NG game, but I think it's a little unfair to say she's a modified version of Ryu....not to mention the fact that the guy using her in that gameplay vid (not the trailer) is using the same two or three combos over and over and not even using her to her full potential lol.

Edit: Here is some more Kasumi gameplay I found. Chapter Challenge mode. Seems like Chapter 1 still has some serious lag issues. It's unfortunate that they haven't fixed that yet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsWTPp_YQWs
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems they removed all the cutscenes in Chapter Challenge. I don't think anybody will complain about that though. Laughing

I watched this video…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pv_qJGEdGI
And it bugs me: Kasumi has actually 3 different projectiles (shuriken, kunai and windmill) ? How does that work ? ò.Ô I don't see the guy switching anything…

As for her ninpo, it's apparently a mix between the Piercing Void and the Wind Blades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: