ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Kasumi coming to NG3: Razor's Edge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Tecmo Keoi was thinking this but releasing free post game DLC can keep people from trading in a game when they are finished with it. Since they'll probably want to wait for the DLC. Not to mention that free DLC makes people feel good. Look at the difference between Street Figther X Tekken and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. A lot of people complained because of the DLC characters in SFxT that were done when the game released and that you had to pay for later. The complete opposite of TTT2 which had the characters done before it was released but gave everything away for free after release. Either way, I think Momiji should have been playable when it released since it looked like she was done when Ninja Gaiden 3 came out back in March. I'm glad Kasumi is playable but I wish she was part of the story. They are kind of just throwing her in there. And it seems like NG3 still has some issues so I'm not that excited. I think it would have been cooler to see her in NG4. I wonder what they were trying to setup when they put her in the ending of NGS2. Hahaha. It would be kind of cool if they put her in NGS2+. Even though I don't care for that game too much either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fatal Jay
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja


Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 16



PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add muramasa as a playable character too Shocked Cool Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 1392
Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.


PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
I doubt Tecmo Keoi was thinking this but releasing free post game DLC can keep people from trading in a game when they are finished with it. Since they'll probably want to wait for the DLC. Not to mention that free DLC makes people feel good. Look at the difference between Street Figther X Tekken and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. A lot of people complained because of the DLC characters in SFxT that were done when the game released and that you had to pay for later. The complete opposite of TTT2 which had the characters done before it was released but gave everything away for free after release. Either way, I think Momiji should have been playable when it released since it looked like she was done when Ninja Gaiden 3 came out back in March. I'm glad Kasumi is playable but I wish she was part of the story. They are kind of just throwing her in there. And it seems like NG3 still has some issues so I'm not that excited. I think it would have been cooler to see her in NG4. I wonder what they were trying to setup when they put her in the ending of NGS2. Hahaha. It would be kind of cool if they put her in NGS2+. Even though I don't care for that game too much either.
Yeah...pretty much the frame rate is the one issue I have with the game. It's actually a bit aggravating and so very random. If it's a bug, they should fix it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 19 Jun 2011
Posts: 208



PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've experienced, framerate drops occur when there are rocket launcers in the area… not even on the screen, not even when they are firing. Just the presence of a rocket launcher ninja makes the game lag, and eliminating him fixes it. I don't know how that works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 354
Location: In your nightmares!!!
Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatal Jay wrote:
Add muramasa as a playable character too Shocked Cool Twisted Evil


fvck yeah XD


Even if Kasumi is freely downloadable, what's the point of adding characters that has absolutly no link with the story? Nothing but another pair of boobs to toady fans and make people buy their Razor's Edge game (which purpose is obviously only money).
While they only reused the same things as before (ayane playable, they thought at last minute of adding a real new content which seems to be Kasumi playable. But Kasumi isn't new at all.
I know DOA and NG have links but NG having its own universe and personality is better imo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 64
Location: New Jersey
Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanoko wrote:
Fatal Jay wrote:
Add muramasa as a playable character too Shocked Cool Twisted Evil


fvck yeah XD


Even if Kasumi is freely downloadable, what's the point of adding characters that has absolutly no link with the story? Nothing but another pair of boobs to toady fans and make people buy their Razor's Edge game (which purpose is obviously only money).
While they only reused the same things as before (ayane playable, they thought at last minute of adding a real new content which seems to be Kasumi playable. But Kasumi isn't new at all.
I know DOA and NG have links but NG having its own universe and personality is better imo.


Well isn't the entire point of making a video game, to make money off of it? lol. Essentially, any additional characters they include would serve the same purpose, whether it's Regent of the Mask, Muramasa, Kasumi, Hayate, Joe Hayabusa etc. Kasumi in general is an awesome character, I personally couldn't care less whether she has double D's or is an A cup lol. Let's be honest the new characters that were developed in NG3 are all pretty lame. If ROTM's moveset during the boss fights are any indication of his potential moveset as a playable character, he would be very boring to play as.

Also, if characters being "new" is such an issue, then shouldn't Muramasa be included in that? By that standard, Muramasa isn't any newer than Kasumi is, so I don't see why Muramasa would be an exceptable choice and not Kasumi.

Ever since the very first Ninja Gaiden for Xbox, they've featured characters from the DOA universe (Ayane). It's been a standard since the beginning, so I don't see why now it's such a negative thing to have just one more character from the DOA universe. Keep in mind that the only characters that were ever included in NG that are from DOA, are the ninjas. They are characters that have direct connections to Ryu and they always are connected very closely. It stands to reason that if any of the 4 ninja (Ryu, Ayane, Hayate and Kasumi) have a spinoff series, that the other 3 ninja would appear in the game in some form or another. It's not like they threw Helena or Bayman in there lmao.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 1392
Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.


PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanoko wrote:
Fatal Jay wrote:
Add muramasa as a playable character too Shocked Cool Twisted Evil


fvck yeah XD


Even if Kasumi is freely downloadable, what's the point of adding characters that has absolutly no link with the story? Nothing but another pair of boobs to toady fans and make people buy their Razor's Edge game (which purpose is obviously only money).
While they only reused the same things as before (ayane playable, they thought at last minute of adding a real new content which seems to be Kasumi playable. But Kasumi isn't new at all.
I know DOA and NG have links but NG having its own universe and personality is better imo.
No, a better question would be why would they NOT add a character just because they don't fit into its story? Let's be honest, the story of the whole NG series is just bad. Interesting and entertaining, but bad. So if they ever held back on adding new gameplay elements and gameplay variety (what Kasumi is) because "it doesn't fit the NG universe", I would be pretty pissed off at them.

And like poster above me pointed out, the ninjas in DOA and the Ninja Gaiden game ARE the same universe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 354
Location: In your nightmares!!!
Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuhan wrote:
Well isn't the entire point of making a video game, to make money off of it? lol.


lol I would have said passion before money. To my eyes, video games is not the kind of career you only do for profit. Of course money is important to keep on creating but it shouldn't be the sole goal. Well, we may have different vision about this and I won't discuss it here since it's off topic.

Personally, I find Kasumi dull compared to the other NG characters. Contrary to you, I like the NG characters in general, they have cool design and looks interesting. And I don't think ROTM's moveset would be boring he has some cool attacks. But once more I won't argues about this because everybody have their own taste about it, there is no one who is right or wrong.

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
the story of the whole NG series is just bad

Finally someone who got the point and that's exactly what I was talking about. I agree with about the NG story not being good. However if the story were good, it would have been enough to enhance the characters and they wouldn't need to pick characters from DOA and throw them randomly into Ninja Gaiden to make a likeness of consistency for the series consistent.
I do know that Ninja Gaiden is not famous for its story. Nonetheless it deserves to be improved.
Including like this characters from DOA without giving them role initially in the story is just lazyness.

I like DOA but I adore Ninja Gaiden not only for its gameplay, and I would be very sad if it becomes just a derivative action version of DOA dedicated to the four ninjas of DOA. I know it's not the case for the moment but I'm affraid it will become later.
But they want this for Ninja Gaiden they should to it from the begining and give a real role to Ayane and Kasumi in the story. It wouldn't please me but at least it would have been logical.

And for Muramasa, I just approved because it was funny when Fatal Jay said it ^^
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 1392
Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.


PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanoko wrote:
Shuhan wrote:
Well isn't the entire point of making a video game, to make money off of it? lol.


lol I would have said passion before money. To my eyes, video games is not the kind of career you only do for profit. Of course money is important to keep on creating but it shouldn't be the sole goal. Well, we may have different vision about this and I won't discuss it here since it's off topic.

Personally, I find Kasumi dull compared to the other NG characters. Contrary to you, I like the NG characters in general, they have cool design and looks interesting. And I don't think ROTM's moveset would be boring he has some cool attacks. But once more I won't argues about this because everybody have their own taste about it, there is no one who is right or wrong.

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
the story of the whole NG series is just bad

Finally someone who got the point and that's exactly what I was talking about. I agree with about the NG story not being good. However if the story were good, it would have been enough to enhance the characters and they wouldn't need to pick characters from DOA and throw them randomly into Ninja Gaiden to make a likeness of consistency for the series consistent.
I do know that Ninja Gaiden is not famous for its story. Nonetheless it deserves to be improved.
Including like this characters from DOA without giving them role initially in the story is just lazyness.

I like DOA but I adore Ninja Gaiden not only for its gameplay, and I would be very sad if it becomes just a derivative action version of DOA dedicated to the four ninjas of DOA. I know it's not the case for the moment but I'm affraid it will become later.
But they want this for Ninja Gaiden they should to it from the begining and give a real role to Ayane and Kasumi in the story. It wouldn't please me but at least it would have been logical.

And for Muramasa, I just approved because it was funny when Fatal Jay said it ^^


The story is never actually going to be any good because the premise itself is just silly. Ninjas in the 21st century fighting demons and the modern armies they control in the middle of skyscrapers and cities.

There is nowhere you can go from there and make it cohesive or well written.

And you are not understanding, by the very fact that the two series share the same universe, modern day Ninja Gaiden is already that (or vice versa). Hell, you can argue that the entirety of DOA5's story is just another mission for the ninjas, just as in NG3. Sure it has other characters, but so does NG3. The DOA universe includes both NG and the DOA games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 354
Location: In your nightmares!!!
Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:

The story is never actually going to be any good because the premise itself is just silly. Ninjas in the 21st century fighting demons and the modern armies they control in the middle of skyscrapers and cities.

There is nowhere you can go from there and make it cohesive or well written.


Thus if you say so, it means that any fantastical story is always bad written because its base is not logical. Come on, get some imagination! It's not impossible!

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:

And you are not understanding, by the very fact that the two series share the same universe, modern day Ninja Gaiden is already that (or vice versa). Hell, you can argue that the entirety of DOA5's story is just another mission for the ninjas, just as in NG3. Sure it has other characters, but so does NG3. The DOA universe includes both NG and the DOA games.


You are getting me wrong. What I said in my last message is that it is a waste not to work on the NG characters created for the series while it has good potential, instead of just import DOA characters. Am I the only one here who thinks the NG characters are not garbage and deserve more attention?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a Wii U again

Hurry up and announce Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 already Team Ninja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UOjXBhD12fA#!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 27 Jul 2009
Posts: 204
Location: rochester ny
Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zomg Shocked thanks for posting this!! I can't believe how perfect they got her.
Kasumi's technique looks wicked!! was that a Mugen tenshin styled windmill shuriken
with six prongs and the Ninpo looks soooo OP, perfect for a princess..
I will be abusing the hell out of her version of the Cicada Surge Cool
_________________
"Repent you are in the presence of a greater fiend!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 19 Jun 2011
Posts: 208



PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faaaaaast… ò.Ô
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 897
Location: UK
Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well she looks excellent! the ninpo is very cool and yes i was right @ 0:34 windmill shuriken, and also looked like a projectile UT
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 64
Location: New Jersey
Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, she's fast. Really fast. At one point I thought the vid was being fast forwarded lol.

They did a brilliant job with her in literally every aspect. Her Ninpo is very impressive, they incorporated her teleportation techniques perfectly, she has a Windmill Shuriken that has a UT (rings back memories of NG2) and overall she seems like she's a very fun character to use. They even gave her some of the unique moves she used in DOA, like that grab she does when she stomps on your face repeatedly. The fact that they turned that into a Izuna Drop-like move was awesome. I wonder what her melee UT is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group