ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Kasumi coming to NG3: Razor's Edge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Kasumi coming to NG3: Razor's Edge Reply with quote

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/5/3731612/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-for-wii-u-adding-dead-or-alives-kasumi-as

Quote:
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge for Wii U will add Kasumi of the Dead or Alive series as a playable character, Nintendo announced today during a Nintendo Direct presentation.

Kasumi will be available as a free update by connecting the Wii U online, according to Nintendo. She will be joining series protagonists Ryu and Ayame along with recently-announced Momiji from 2008's Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword in the game's playable character roster.

Kasumi and Momiji will be available as part of downloadable patch coming in December. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is currently available for Wii U.

She's my favorite DOA characters but I'm still going to hold out for an official NG3 Sigma anouncment. Looks like she'll be using a katana instead of her kodachi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they try everything to sell that game, lol.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is very cool, fully approve of this move, it's not Hayate but i suppose the next best thing,
if her fighting style is using the sword backwards like Gneshin that would be frikin brilliant
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that matter, why don't they add a playable Genshin? Fighting with two weapons at once (the sword and the claw) would surely be refreshing. He already has plenty of combos too.

I'm not against Kasumi though. That would make her appearance in Sigma 2 less pointless.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should fully exploit Genshin, his model and weapons and move set, stick him in as playable in mission mode, now the single player needs to be Ryu's game, personal i wouldn't even have the girls in the single player id have a 70% to 30% Ryu and Hayate in the single player if not then 100% Ryu, but as far as mission modes and chapter replay and co-op stick a lode of characters in

how about with the Test of Valor instead of playing as Ryu you jump in as a different character

with NG3 TN did good by bringing back Doku and Alma and ect all them bosses are all ready done they just need to be ported over to the next game, now don't but them in to the single player cos that's just cheep but butting them in to mission modes and it goes from cheep to something really cool

as for Genshin's move set, they should have reused that back with NG2 instead of pulling a really sly one and having the BotAF just replace the DCTF, Ryu should have got the BotAF and wield it like Genshin
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could that on her arm be a windmill shurike of some kind? it looks like 3 blades

Last edited by mohsin117 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to play Ninja Gaiden 2 again to see how he used his sword. I can't imagine the moves looking so cool when it's wielded that way. I guess I'll have to wait until they release a gameplay trailer for Kasumi. I hope she has a lot of teleport moves.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Genshin was a bit slow I would imagine Kasumi to be faster, but I don't think there going to make he fight like Genshin, I actually think Kasumi might fight like Ayane who also holds her swords backwards yes there alot smaller but still that fast flurryof attacks style,

Darth Starkiller also uses his sword backwards but also uses it in the normal way, what ever happens im really looking forward to seeing some game play, and if she has a backwards sword style then even better, coz a sword is a very generic weapon and having that backwards style would make it a lot more interesting, speaking of generic they could have done a bit more to differentiate it from the DS an already really generic looking sword but I suppose its got that gaurd and tassel,
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrykull wrote:
For that matter, why don't they add a playable Genshin? Fighting with two weapons at once (the sword and the claw) would surely be refreshing. He already has plenty of combos too.

I'm not against Kasumi though. That would make her appearance in Sigma 2 less pointless.

Because Genshin clearly has no boobies. lol
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Ninja is really making it difficult to refrain from getting a Wii U lol. Fans have been asking for Kasumi to be a playable character for years (since the 1st Sigma), so it's about time. A pity that they waited for an exclusive Wii U title to do so, but hopefully we'll get a Sigma 3 eventually. It'll be very interesting to see Kasumi in a game like this. I remember back in the day, everyone said that Kasumi is too docile and passive to really fit into such a bloody and violent game, which was indeed true. Even so, it'll be great to see Kasumi cut loose and fight like a true ninja.

From the looks of it, those Cherry Blossom petal effects that usually occur with Kasumi's fighting style are present, which is cool. I'm hoping they give her a lot of teleportation techniques, since that's her most notable attribute in combat. It's awesome that she wields a Katana with a reverse grip, but I doubt she'll fight like Genshin. I don't see her having a similar style to Ayane (a lot of quick spins) either. They'll probably give her a very unique method of fighting to distinguish herself from the other characters.

That thing on her arm definitely looks like a Windmill Shuriken, but it's definitely a lot smaller than the one Ryu had in NG2. Maybe she throws multiple ones or something....

I wonder what her Ninpo will be. It would be awesome if they brought back the Art of Inazuma and maybe give the lightning a pinkish color to it (since most of Kasumi's special effects are usually pink).
Fatal Jay
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you guys I would like to see another male character like Genshin,hayate, or joe hayabusa
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasumi in Ninja Gaiden is plain ridiculous. Ninja Gaiden =/= Dead or Alive. Ayane was ok as a guest star (like in the first NG) but now it's getting absurd, the two universes are way too different to be mixed.
Why don't they develop the new Ninja Gaiden 3 characters??! Regent of Mask playable would have been much more interesting and badass!
Team Ninja lust for money is sickening, they only recycle things that already exist and mix them to make a new to get more profits.

Genshin playable? Isn't he totally dead? XD
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasumi Joins Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4akFUYYgV4

the site has been updated, but with really nothing of importance
http://ninjagaiden3.nintendo.com/characters.html#kasumi
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanoko wrote:
Kasumi in Ninja Gaiden is plain ridiculous. Ninja Gaiden =/= Dead or Alive. Ayane was ok as a guest star (like in the first NG) but now it's getting absurd, the two universes are way too different to be mixed.
Why don't they develop the new Ninja Gaiden 3 characters??! Regent of Mask playable would have been much more interesting and badass!
Team Ninja lust for money is sickening, they only recycle things that already exist and mix them to make a new to get more profits.

It's a free update....

And the DOA and NG universes overlap story wise as well.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's something that bugs me though… if it was paying, that would be a dick move, but there would be some justification for releasing it later…

But if it's free and already… ready, why don't they put all this directly on the disc? For NG3 they had waited a month to release the claws and the scythe, so the websites reviewed the already not-fantastic game as if there was only one weapon… same deal here, if they made those characters in-game unlockables instead of delayed DLC, that would improve the game's replay value and its image. Look at Bayonetta: no DLCs, but a truckload of unlockable content, and that's part of what makes the game awesome.

So this method of delayed free DLCs has nothing but inconvenients, both for the player and for TN themselves. And apparently, they are far from the only ones to do this in Japan. I don't understand how that works…

Quote:

Who cares? Cool As a bonus character, he would be awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: