ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor Edge General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrykull wrote:
Holy crap, the Kusari looks twice as fast as before. Shocked

Quote:
I think it would be nice if UT didn't given any karma or make OT and Steel on bone give more karma. Otherwise everyone will just be spamming them again.

Well, as the guy said, you get more karma if you refrain from using the UT in Bloody Rage. And since you still have to not move for a full two seconds for charge UTs, that's still more risky than if you could chain them instantly. Hopefully the enemies won't give the player too much leeway to spam them…

Also, if I remember correctly, SoB gives more karma than UTs (450 for the former and 400 for the latter I think).

Cicada's surge also works to escape grabs… I'm starting to wonder if that move won't be a bit game-breaking…

Also… what is it that Ryu is doing in the middle of the video? It looks like what the Alchemists do when they get away…

I completely forgot that there is no more essence so there can't be UT spamming.

Now, if they could only fix the story now lol. I know it doesn't matter much but it adds more for me. I liked the pacing and characters of Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma. And more enemies. I know their are more black spider ninjas but I want more unique enemies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I completely forgot that there is no more essence so there can't be UT spamming.

LOL. I think they should make UT and Ninpo use the same bar, have UT take 1/4.

As for the story, there aren't enough tools in anyone's ninja belt to fix that piece of junk.
Hey team ninja! Why do ninjas wear masks?......Bunch a clowns Confused
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the move where Ryu was crouching and that yellow thing came around him is the way you increase your life. Your Ki bar doesn't automatically get emptied to restore your life at the end of an encounter anymore, so with that move you can choose how much of your Ki you want to waste to add however much life you need.

I am liking the whole risk/reward balance they are adding here....
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and the Cicada Surge also uses Ki every time you use it. (TN twitter feed says so...)
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Apparently the move where Ryu was crouching and that yellow thing came around him is the way you increase your life. Your Ki bar doesn't automatically get emptied to restore your life at the end of an encounter anymore, so with that move you can choose how much of your Ki you want to waste to add however much life you need.

that dose sound better, it buts the control back in to the hands of the player, although i think the tried and tested heath i item method is still the best, but at least this is better then the horrible Ki system, the heal you after ever encounter, and you couldn't fill the Ki in boss fights, the Ki system is what really made every thing repetitive
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:

that dose sound better, it buts the control back in to the hands of the player, although i think the tried and tested heath i item method is still the best, but at least this is better then the horrible Ki system, the heal you after ever encounter, and you couldn't fill the Ki in boss fights, the Ki system is what really made every thing repetitive
You can spam away on items. At least this way, it always insures health items are not overused (like in NG2 Vanilla).

And I don't think it's what made it repetitive. NG2 for example, did not have all of these combat measurements to keep track of and make it interesting, but the battles were rather quick so it wasn't too bad. In NG3, there is wave after wave after wave....
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Fights in NG3 are just too long − though there are some painfully long fights in NG2 as well. And since you don't have much choice in how to fight (the Ninpo is not usable after the fight, health regenerates automatically and you have only 3 weapons, two of them having the same UT), the combat gets old pretty quickly. The only strategy allowed by the fire dragon Ninpo is when to use it in the fight.

The way they make the ki actually useful (and let the player, you know, choose how to use it) is a good thing, and indeed I like the risk/reward element that it adds and that good ol' healing items don't have. Now it will also depend on how fast the ki gauge fills itself and whether you can heal liberally in a middle of a fight (apparently it leaves Ryu defenseless, so it's probably not that easy).
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrykull wrote:
Agreed. Fights in NG3 are just too long − though there are some painfully long fights in NG2 as well. And since you don't have much choice in how to fight (the Ninpo is not usable after the fight, health regenerates automatically and you have only 3 weapons, two of them having the same UT), the combat gets old pretty quickly. The only strategy allowed by the fire dragon Ninpo is when to use it in the fight.

The way they make the ki actually useful (and let the player, you know, choose how to use it) is a good thing, and indeed I like the risk/reward element that it adds and that good ol' healing items don't have. Now it will also depend on how fast the ki gauge fills itself and whether you can heal liberally in a middle of a fight (apparently it leaves Ryu defenseless, so it's probably not that easy).

Yeah, it leaves him fully defenseless and enemies are more aggressive.

And I agree with the first point. It was disappointing how stupid mistakes on their part made the best combat engine of the series feel dull. Hopefully RE fixed that with all of these things.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayane and Ryu costumes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OqDXCErjmZU
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Ayane's kunai climb is fast >__< Other than that, the costumes are apprently the same as NGS2, except for Ayane's second one. The white armor for Ryu seems to be gone though, it was my favorite.

Apparently you can charge a strong attack (a UT when in Bloody Rage) immediately after an OT or a SoB… that may add to the fluidity…
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only costumes that already exist (Ayane's second outfit seems to be her main DOA4 outfit). Razor's Egde really looks like a response to the bad critiques of NG3 but recycling isn't the solution...
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way is that kuni clime done by alternating triggers, it looks like its just going to be push up to move up,
they should have really give Ayane a few more weapons this time round

the game doe look better, but yeah its just the same, its just what we already got,
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, gameplay-wise there are definitely improvements and new things, even compared to previous titles. But it's not like I'm ever gonna get to play it anyway… release that on PS3, damnit!

Last edited by Shrykull on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
Skbzi
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Launch Trailer Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden 3: RE Launch Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qtqJd40yQMU

Enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: