ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Update: Hands-on Impressions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not going to happen, its just like NG2 and NGS2, back then the core TN fan base was pretty much exclusive to the xbox, the reason i ended up buying a PS3 and NGS2 was because i realised TN wasn't going to but out content for NG2

NG3RE isn't going to sell Wii U's, and understandably 360/PS3 owners are pissed off about the Wii U version, i think if they where to announce a NGS3 (NG3RE for the 360/PS3) it wont stop the hate for them but might calm people down a bit cos then at least they get the chance to play it
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
not going to happen, its just like NG2 and NGS2, back then the core TN fan base was pretty much exclusive to the xbox, the reason i ended up buying a PS3 and NGS2 was because i realised TN wasn't going to but out content for NG2

NG3RE isn't going to sell Wii U's, and understandably 360/PS3 owners are pissed off about the Wii U version, i think if they where to announce a NGS3 (NG3RE for the 360/PS3) it wont stop the hate for them but might calm people down a bit cos then at least they get the chance to play it

yeah I think so too
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**** Hayashi.

Glad I didn't purchase NG 3(hell, with everything professional, you pros in here, Youtube in-depth vids plus people (that are Master Ninjas') who opinions I trust from playing, & me KNOWING another version would be released too... I simply refuse to ruin my fond "memories of the 3D Gaidens" because of this man & this game.

...And this WiiU business is just the "Icing on the Cake" for my total disrespect of Team Ninja now. Treating us long-time fans with such disrespect. Mad Mad Mad I will play DoA 5, but every chance I get, I will "curse" at Hayashi whenever asked "my opinion" of how he's handling the leadership reigns at TN(unless there is reason to credit him for something good).

Oh and... Did I forget to say, **** Hayashi?
Laughing

Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......sigh......honestly....so let me get this straight....the version all of the NG fans have been asking for.....is being made....for the motha f***ing Wii U? Do I have this s**t correct???
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nok_su_kow wrote:
It's all old content, old ideas but taken out then brought back again like it was all new.

It's like in comic books where they kill off a character, they make you miss them, then surprise! Back again, ready to ask for your subscription to their resurrection.

And second release in less than one year's time. Can you think of a developer who pulled that off recently?

Yeah. I totally agree here. Capcom did the same with Wesker in RE6. First they let him die, everbody will miss him. And now from nowhere his son appears.

It looks NG2. Not paying money for another console just to play an old game.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a NG2 clone. Afterall, I thought everyone wanted dismemberment, now that its included, I don't see how it's suddenly a step backwards. The only thing that is a blatant clone is the Wind Blade Ninpo, considering it's virtually no different than it was in NG2. Regarding the weapons, they seemed to have given DC&TF new moves in both combos and the UT. Dismemberments actually look far more brutal and violent than they did in NG2. Also, if you notice, the dismemberments look more realistic (aside from limbs dissapearing lol, which I'm fine with). There is a coupe times in the trailer where you see that torsos can be actually be cut in half as well. In NG2, you can only chop off legs, arms, heads, and sever the torso at the waist. I could of sworn I saw Ryu cut somone's torso in half from the chest up. Combining both SoB and Dismemberment makes the battles look far more intense and gory.

Literally, the only issue I take with it, is that it's on the damn Wii U lol.
Nok_su_kow
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not clones, just not relatively new ideas, old ideas brought back and made to look new.

Basically whatever improvements or changes made should have been there from the beginning, it makes sense to just expand on what worked before. Not take away from only to revisit them later on.

We should be expecting new things with DLC, new things with this WiiU port. Not different spins on concepts that have been used before.

But what I think they did is purposely take features out of NG3 Beta to use as "new" features for Razor's Edge. I doubt it was all entirely based off the negative feedback. It's either that or they are running out of ideas, because really, where are the new features here outside the obvious WiiU support?
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the first post with some hands-on impressions from today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can't auto-lock on with the bow in the air anymore.

Eh, I was getting used to that, it's pretty damn useful in hard mode when there are a dozen enemies around you. But I can understand that it's a bit game-breaking against helicopters and jet-pack guys…

Quote:
No more dragon ninpo. I started off with the three fireballs from NG2 and I got the wind ninp after going to a save point (falcon).

So that means you have absolutely no means to heal during the fight? Also, does the ki-gauge still regenerate your health afterwards or is it back to the "three ninpo slots" system of previous games?
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still the same ki meter and it does auto regenerate your life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I haven't been here in a while.

But anyways, here is a more indepth look at the game:

http://www.2d-x.com/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-wii-u-it-doesnt-suck/

Quote:
In Razor’s Edge, steel on bone finishers function as a counter. Enemies in the original NG3 (and Razor’s Edge) telegraph their grab/throw special attacks with an obvious red glow. By pressing the heavy attack button (again, X on the Wii U gamepad), Ryu will initiate a SoB finisher, effectively countering an enemy’s special attack with an attack of his own. The timing window in which Ryu can trigger the SoB finisher varies by enemy.

I liked this a lot.

Also UTs have been changed, and the dismemberment is mainly back so that OT can work well again.

Quote:
Players can upgrade their weapons and abilities in Razor’s Edge thanks to a new upgrade menu. By pressing the select button when not in combat, players can access this menu and use “karma” to purchase these upgrades.

Updates are back.

And so are the dual swords. Very Happy It goes into some more details on the site if you read the whole thing.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that SoB could only be done on enemies when they tried to grab you. That will make taking out those enemies in chapter 4 a lot easier. Maybe they won't grab as much. I was able to SoB chain pretty easily in the E3 demo. I guess should have played it more but it felt pretty close to the original. Like the writer of the article, I still want more additions. They need more enemy variety and hopefully make the boss fights better. New levels and more platforming would be nice too.
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thank god someone agrees with me on the whole "action all the time" issue. Why can't they go back to the metroid-lite level design of NG1?

Still though, even as NG3 was, I liked it quite a bit more than NG2. The reason is because NG2 just felt like a stripped down version of NG1. The combat was unchanged for the most part, the enemies were oddly similar. And hell, even the boss fights felt the same. Alma = Blood bvtch, Thunder guy. Doku = Genshin and Volf. They felt like similar type fights that required almost exactly the same tactics.

NG3 on the other hand, even though it was terribly flawed, felt like a different game. I didn't even mind the story as it felt like the old NG games with the whole insane to the max style of story telling.

I did trade the game back when I saw the vids and impressions for this version though. Very Happy I can wait a bit.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh thank god someone agrees with me on the whole "action all the time" issue. Why can't they go back to the metroid-lite level design of NG1?

I agree too. My main issue with NG3 is that, not only is there no exploration and non-stop combat, these fights are just too long. There are too many enemies. It doesn't hurt too much in Normal mode because I didn't die often, but in hard, where I die a lot, having to redo those long fights is often tedious. That was also an issue in NG2, although by chaining UTs you could decimate armies in a few seconds.

From what I see, the golden scarabs are back, so maybe they brought back a bit of exploration. That would be for the better.

As for the gameplay, I'm a bit skeptical about the "grab counter" thing… won't that make the Chimera fights too easy? I like to fight those enemies… but that sounds interesting nonetheless. And new, which is important. The fact you can't launch weakened enemies with the slide is disapointing though.

What I liked in the article is that at last you know when you can and cannot use SoB. In the original it was pretty much random on weaker enemies.

edit : a bit of gameplay taken from cams. I like this : there are fewer enemies, and they look much more agressive (even if the players on the videos are crappy). The new katana UT is a bit lame though…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7f48xVXgBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9j4QPvPjW8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3bQ5vJ5Z6g&feature=related

Last edited by Shrykull on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
magx
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to bet that we will see this version of the game on the 360/PS3 early next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: