ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3 General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, my neck >__<

A training mode, that's unusual...
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something is wrong with the menu's text.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TECMO facebook: In NINJA GAIDEN 3, you can see the real time move list when the SELECT button is pushed.

TN really like their live move list donít they, itís in DOAD its been announced for DOA5 and now for NG3, not complaining I really like it as well
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the grey squares on the move list? Cant imagien you have to press START to finish a combo(?) xD

Well, yeah, they do love their move lists. And I love the design of the health bar. Glad it made it into the final build Smile
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The health doesn't seem finished to me still. I guess it's growing on me but it's a bit plainer than the other games.

Side note: After seeing the DOA5 screens, I wish they used Ayane's model from DOA5 instead of the one they have now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The healthbar changed a bit compared to the demoÖ I don't dislike the new one though.

7 hit for a basic combo, they are generous. Since there is only one weapon type, I suppose that makes sense to increase the combo list (not that it was exactly small in NG2 already).
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2muP-IcIgd8&feature=g-all-u&context=G2368a98FAAAAAAAAAAA

WOW, it looks BAD!
It is practically Scripted Gaiden, there is NOTHING new to Ryu's move and this is Genshin's sword.
No new SoB animations, no new UT animations, no new combos, nothing. Its practically a new design for Dragon Sword and thats all there is to it, except the Izuna is changed.

Bravo Hayashi, you successfully screwed up my all time favorite franchise down to the abyss of hell.

Atleast I know there is a NEW and BETTER ninja coming, Raiden for Metal Gear Rising, that one looks leaps better than this game.

Only good thing I can say is the boss fight music, atleast I know composers at Team Ninja always deliver with great music, so thats the only thing I am looking forward to, the soundtrack.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can say what you want but that was awesome. Ryu just raped everything. Ships, a freakin' huge chopper, dinosaurs xD
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! that looks really good!granted the movers and everything are the same but we've known about this form the beginning, and it is an issue that this level seems to be some where well in to the game (going on the fact that he's got the BotAF and the infections increased and that his eyes are looking a bit yellow) but yet Ryu's using the same moves as the first level and fighting the same enemies

But still I thought that looked insane, the only bad I can pick at would probably be the annoying voice in your ear

Underworld Drop right? "where's Kana" who's Kana? i hope she's from the village and not the government
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
You can say what you want but that was awesome. Ryu just raped everything. Ships, a freakin' huge chopper, dinosaurs xD

"You can say what you want" but once I start becoming a Hayashi fanboy like you then I can start saying good things to bad things.
There was nothing "awesome" in there from a Ninja Gaiden title point of view, all enemies showned there was seen in the last 2 levels, no new moves even though it was Genshin's sword, the only sword I had high hopes for.
But whatever, I can predict the rest of the game by just looking at it now lol
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, not again. I'm not a fanboy of Hayashi. But I know that receycled enemies are NOTHING new in videogames. Best example is Skyrim....."Bear", "Polar Bear" (just white), "wolf", "snow wolf (same model, only white, of course) and basically every other RPG or any other fvck videogame. So what's with your damn hating on me?? What's wrong with you?? First time we met here you were a totally different and nice person. Now you're acting like an ass all the time, and not only here. If you dont like what you see, fine! But stop ranting on me. I DO know that the boss fights have lots of QTEs now and yes I don't like that. I also dont like the fact that the BOTA seems to be the same like every other sword, except for the throw. But yeah, the rest looked good and entertaining to me. Is that wrong. Cant I find this amusing or entertaining or what?

Some screens with fiends and coop action.

Last edited by Female Tengu on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little underwhelmed with the new trailer. The cutscenes and action scenes look cool but I want some new combat mechanics or something. I thought they would show a cooler version of the Ultimate technique but eh. I pre-ordered the collector's edition yesterday. The story seems meh to me. Why does everyone talk about how many people Ryu has killed. They kill people too. I don't really mind the wall climbing scenes so much. But I feel like there is nothing new. It'll still be a good/decent game but I miss the excitement I used to have when a Ninja Gaiden game was coming out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu

I am still a nice person, but I am ranting on NG3 and what I have seen.
And the fact you said "say what you want, it looks awesome" is like saying "your opinion doesnt mean sh!t it was awesome".
You were insulting me pretty much when I didnt say anything to you, defending something I have a different opinion on and praised your own.

I have no personal vendetta against you, but you seem to defend every single thing someone has something bad to say about it.

My main issue isnt the enemies, its the fact we have seen 3 swords already and all of them act and look and animation exactly like eachother, where is the fun in that? Its pathethic beyond words for a Ninja Gaiden game.
Its the lack of imagination and animation to the each new swords that ticks me off.
Here I was, thinking "man, Genshin's sword, better be awesome".
Its nothing but a dragon sword/Hayate sword but with Genshin design, thats it.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu, you absolutely cannot compare recycling enemies in an action game to an RPG. Combat is not the focus of Skyrim and those kinds of tropes are expected in that genre. In an action title the entirety of the game is revolving around the combat and enemies play into that in a big way. Ninja Gaiden Black would not be the same, amazing title to this very day if all you did was fight different colors of the ninjas with new abilities the whole way through the game. That's just an absurd way to attempt defending it.

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about this title but I find it incredibly disconcerting that they are not releasing a demo to the public when every previous core iteration, including the damn DS game, has had a public demo prior to launch, even if just. Nothing being announced during this last major press tour all but guarantees there will not be a demo and that speaks volumes to their confidence in its prospective market performance. I'm honestly more excited for the DoA5 demo I get with my Collector's Edition and the damn statue (for my desk at work, of course) than the game at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 7 of 18

Jump to: