ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3 Livestream! new mission and multiplayer!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the solo video again, with the sound this time (first time was during my free hour at university >__<). I liked it better with the comments actually. At least it seems the devs take the critics into account (their comments about the weak enemies and QTEs for example). Somewhat.

Ryu's voice is strange. It's not the stern, cold voice we're used to, he sounds more… well, human. That's the point after all but that feels strange. Wonder what the Japanese voice will sound like…

The Regent of the Mark reminds me of V for Vendetta Laughing
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On IGN livestream they said you will only get one ninpo and thats the dragon sweep.

All I have to say is, Hayashi...go to hell.
I held my tonge when they only said katanas only as weapons, but ONE ninpo, thats the last straw.

I was pissed on one weapon types, no decapitation, no items/inventory, no weapon upgrade...and now only one ninpo style.

This confirms it, Hayashi knows nothing about Ninja Gaiden history and what made it great, he is killing it and true fans of the series knows this fact.
I am done with this franchise as long as this sellout is in charge. And no fiends...means no more pure fantasy stuff like ancient ruins, fiery chasm or anything like that.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go along with it personally, as long as the general experience is satisfying… I don't intend to buy it right when it comes out anyway.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
As if fans didnt notice those items as soon as they showed up. They may be there but its probably for ninpo and health, doubt it could be anything else.

I wasn’t trying to insult any one, I didn’t realise my comments didn’t post, I was going ask what they did apart form point and if they were collectables or what but it don’t matter now,
Just thought posting the images would be a little better than just txt, clearly I was wrong…
And no crap fans picked up on it, they guy walked over one and it said on the screen golden scarab on the screen, hell non fans would have picked up on it

And so Hayashi confirmed my suspicions of one ninpo, and they were asked about other enemy types, although Gaza said “creatures” it sounded like he was just beating round the bush and essentially saying there will be a wide variety of enemies but no fiends
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the IGN multiplayer stream for any one who missed it, the recording doesn't seem to be up on the IGN

http://gamingeverything.com/12677/first-ninja-gaiden-iii-multiplayer-footage/

some of the points they made are:

- day one DLC maps,
- when your invisible opponents won't see you at all,
- new co-op missions are going to come as DLC,
- weapons will be DLC (sounded like multiplayer weapons and it also sounded as though it would be day one DLC)
- there looking in to an online pass
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intentionally kept myself in the dark and having recently paid for the game in full, I decided to check out the progress. Shocked is what I'd call my reaction, but it really doesn't look or sound bad as a game on its own divorced from the NG/NGII series. It ironically has a more rough, realistic portrayal of violence despite lacking any form of dismemberment. For better or worse, it doesn't look as elegant for sure.

I'll need to see more now, especially in regards to environmental variety. The multiplayer does look generic as hell and shoehorned into the game like so many single player games out there.

At worse, I'll just pick it up later if I don't see any more variety in terms of combat and environments. I haven't written it off yet unlike DmC.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been keeping far too busy personally to chime in much of anywhere, but I figure I'll weigh in.

First, the second level of the single player campaign shows promise. The first level, in all forms I've played it, has been largely throwaway, forgettable trash. The Dubai level shows varied level design, more areas to actually be a ninja instead of a tank, and some interesting-looking new enemy types. They seem like slightly weaker versions of the Mimic Fiends. I can dig it. Couple that with the emphasis on quality story-telling (despite the fact that the story will likely suck...but hey, fanservice) and we have a recipe for a potentially solid single player game.

That brings us to multiplayer. It looks like a fvck-up of monumental proportions. Ever play Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven's multiplayer back on Xbox and PS2? It looks like that and it's not a compliment. Tenchu Z (or Senran, depending on region) even looks better. Terrible level design, lag or some insanely slowed down action in a controlled preview environment, and no care taken to cater the decidedly not online-friendly gameplay and we have a trainwreck in the making. A trainwreck involving only small children going to an orphanage. This is disgustingly bad to the point that I'm pretty much insulted. Want to make it even worse? They put the stupid fvck kunai climb mechanic into multiplayer. *Climb, cli-LAG- fall*

Jesus. They better leave the achievements out of multiplayer because I have a feeling it's just going to piss me off.

In summation, the package taken in aggregate looks pretty mediocre. The single player alone has some potential, though. But hey! Dead or Alive 5 is looking great, piss-poor design decisions like three-point holds and MK vs. DC-esque mini-games excluded.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
the IGN multiplayer stream for any one who missed it, the recording doesn't seem to be up on the IGN

http://gamingeverything.com/12677/first-ninja-gaiden-iii-multiplayer-footage/

some of the points they made are:

- day one DLC maps,
- when your invisible opponents won't see you at all,
- new co-op missions are going to come as DLC,
- weapons will be DLC (sounded like multiplayer weapons and it also sounded as though it would be day one DLC)
- there looking in to an online pass

So basically...quantity over quality and he wants to be just like any other dumb company out there.
Do a extremely half @ss job and then DLC everything in...pathethic.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

So basically...quantity over quality and he wants to be just like any other dumb company out there.
Do a extremely half @ss job and then DLC everything in...pathethic.

All I can do is shake my head.

Am Cry Baby

mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG3 websites been up dated with screens and character profiles,

The dudes name is Cliff,
“Mizuki's brother-in-law, he is on assignment as a special scientist helping the Japanese Self Defense Forces. He develops weapons for Ryu, such as a revolutionary bow that locks onto a target.”
O bull crap why do you do this TeamNINJA? You know I remember one of the first things Hayashi said about NG3 this was before its announcement, it was like the only thing he said that made sense, and that was “Ryu is a lone wolf” and now look they but an entire government department behind him,

The girl is Lovelace,
“Cold and calculating, this mysterious scientist runs a secret laboratory connected with the events in London. Her research in alchemy and genetics leads her to Ryu Hayabusa. “
DOA Tec! im telling you she is DOA Tec

As for release date we know its March now, some places still seem to have it down for feb for some reason but GAME has it dated for the 23rdm of March
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they will release a collectors edition with extra content.

This got me thinking, Ryu on the magazine cover, his eyes and all that, he looks demonic now, just like he was in NG1.
I hope they will make him look demonic with glowing eyes not near end, but maybe a bit half way through the game and then implement new moves and powers to him like the new Ultimate Technique.

I wish Hayashi could just show a random stage like say 5 or 6 and then show off some new moves.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually digging the online mode (I know, I know) I wonder what the other mutiplayer maps are going to be like.
I cant wait to chase my friends around on them, I also hope they bring back kusarigama Shocked Shocked
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Hayashi needs to just show a totally random stage much further on in the game. If memory serves correctly, one of the first gameplay trailers for NG2 was the stage where Ryu fights Elizebet (however in that vid, they showed a cut-scene with Zedonius instead). Although the stage was clearly not completed (being the fact that the entire scene with Zedonius was moved to another stage) it still showed some very impressive footage.

Just showing the second stage alone made NG3 appear to be much more impressive. If Hayashi would show and reveal more content (specifically weapons) I think he will recieve much more positive feedback.

It's kind of annoying that he refuses to release a demo. However, if they feel that making a demo will interfere with their ability to make the game as great as they can, then at the very least he needs to start revealing more interesting content.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Ninja Details Ninja Gaiden 3 Multiplayer, Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ for PS Vita

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/09/team-ninja-details-ninja-gaiden-3-multiplayer-ninja-gaiden-sigma-for-ps-vita/
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PSB: Ryu Hayabusa is clearly the focus here in NG3, but will there be other playable characters? In the spirit of the Sigma games, i'm sure many fans would like the option at some point for a different character and the change in gameplay it brings. Personally, I was a fan of Momiji and her halberd weapon in NGS2.

YH: Sigma is kind of a sister game to the Ninja Gaiden series, and after releasing NG3, we may consider releasing a Sigma game for it.

OMG! Hayashi has lost the plot!
Let’s be honest ill buy it, but what the hell men NG3 isn’t even out yet, there yet to confirm a release date and their already saying that they’re going to rerelease an improved version of the game which is going to have other playable character and maybe the NG3 DLC?

What a stupid comment to make, at this time if he said this a year after release of NG3 that they’re going to do a Black/Sigma I would have been all down for it,

They got to clear this thing up fast something like this could kill NG3, why buy NG3 when a year later NG3S will be out (I say an year because of Black and Sigam 2 and their already thinking about it)

Team NINJA really the most laziest developer ever, releasing new games without actually even making a new game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: