ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 at Gamescon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thx. You already know what I think about NG2 and Sigma 2, "my" true NG1 sequel.

It's Moshin's thread and we should get back to the topic Smile
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
No thx. You already know what I think about NG2 and Sigma 2, "my" true NG1 sequel.

Yep, I sure do at this point. Razz

Female Tengu wrote:
It's Moshin's thread and we should get back to the topic Smile

Agreed; we should do that. He seems to find things before they are widely reported by other sources. It's quite convenient and appreciated that he shares everything here, in my opinion.

Smile
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* finishes Crown & coke, slams drinking glass into fireplace *

Good read from the both of you... Off to bed I go.

mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think THQ will be publishing/distributing the game in the EU, cos NG2 was published by Microsoft and NGS was published by Eidos in the EU, but I don’t get it I thought with Tecmo Koie merger they were going to do their own publishing and stuff and they have TK Europe who handled NGS2 in the EU so it seems odd,

I searched THQ Ninja Gaiden 3 and a Eurogemer article came up where it said they went to the THQ booth to see NG3, doesn’t mention anything else about THQ’s involvement,

and this is the THQ boot there’s War Hammer on one side and Metro Last Light on the other, so it its most likely that THQ will be distributing the game or publishing the game at least in the EU,

313827_10150293334166785_109196331784_7910154_5929402_n by mohsin117, on Flickr

so yeah THQ has it down with Team NINJA and Valhalla Games Studios, good for them

and alos...

Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden 3 To Include Co-Op & Competitive Multiplayer

Everyone has always wanted to play Ninja Gaiden with a friend, but instead we were forced to play through other side stories other than the great Ryu Hayabusa. This time your dreams have come true as it was revealed to us while demoing the title we were informed of a co-op mode but that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Ninja Gaiden 3 is looking to push the boundaries of the series with its unique gameplay that many have tried to copy but virtually none have succeeded in doing so. The gore, the style the finesse that Ryu Hayabusa brings every time the player takes control is simply unequaled. The title is going to have co-op mode and competitive mode when released according to Team Ninja head honcho, Yosuke Hayashi. The co-op mode will have different weapons than the single player campaign says Yosuke, ” For the multiplayer gaming there will be more than just swords so you can focus on the cutting down of foes.”

Well I am officially sold on this game. Multiplayer and co-op on top of an already amazing gameplay that has been with the series since its inception. Looks like this will be the definitive Ninja Gaiden to own.

http://thegamershub.net/2011/08/ninja-gaiden-3-to-include-co-op-competitive-multiplayer/

Ninja Gaiden 3 To Focus Heavily On Sword Gameplay

Some of you may know that Ninja Gaiden 3 is set to focus heavily on sword gameplay which is great but why? The wonder of the previous games was finding new weapons like the Falcon Talons and the Lunar Staff, two of my personal favorite weapons. It looks like that ability is now gone.

We got a chance to talk with head of Team Ninja, Yosuke Hayashi about Ninja Gaiden 3 and we asked that since the focus of the game will be Ryu’s Katana and other swords as far as weapons go, will we possibly see other weaponry that made series so enjoyable. To which Hayashi San answered “Yes that is correct, but during the game you do get new swords, but the weapons themselves wont change, they will always be swords.” and he continued with “But for the multiplayer gaming there will be more than just swords so you can focus on the cutting down of foes.” So basically, strictly sword fighting for Ryu this time but the multiplayer will have different weapons to ensure mayhem and limbs are flying.

What do you you all think? Is this a bad thing or is a heavy focus on the weapon that made Ryu as awesome as he is a good thing? I personally am going to miss my damn Falcon Talons. Chime in on the comments below.

http://thegamershub.net/2011/08/ninja-gaiden-3-to-focus-heavily-on-sword-gameplay/

Last edited by mohsin117 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont say "everyone" wanted to play with friends, because I wasent one of them and never will be unless it is VERY well done in co-op, something not even NGS2 was.

My opinion on co-op is the combos, special attacks are co-op treated and not just "okay, player A and B is now in a arena, kill them like you would in single player". No, thats boring.

This whole idea of "more than swords in MP but swords only in SP" is pure raw garbage design that needs to change.
So they have other weapons in mind but they are limiting us and forcing us to play online to use them? what a complete joke.

I LOVE swords more than any other weapon when it comes to melee weapons, but it would be NICE to change it up, but in the end 99% for me is sword play, all day lol.

That being said, if Hayashi says there will be other swords, then I do hope they include like elemental swords like flame, lightning, wind, different designs and not just katanas maybe some european medieval swords too or eastern curved ones, dual wielding, short swords, claymores, straight swords...etc. there is quite alot.
And these swords should have various combos, because if say sword A and B does the exact same moves as Dragon sword then whats the point of having different ones, just take Dragon Sword and finish the game with it.

One game that comes to my mind that has tons of swords but has different special moves is Muramasa for Wii.
Obviously that game isnt a combo based, its a 2D scroller so its limited.
But the various powers, visually and through attacks is different, and I loved using some of them.

If Hayashi can do like a dual wielding katana were one is fire based and one being wind, one of Ryu's special moves could be like a fiery storm special attack or even change the UT to whatever the power the swords wields.

Just my idea of swords, and if Hayashi does something similair, that would be amazing IMO.

Too bad they dont show it off, but I guess thats what TGS is for.

PS. Mohshin, links dont work.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want my claws back Evil

btw, Hayashi has a sword fetish xD
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
I want my claws back Evil

btw, Hayashi has a sword fetish xD

I got the same fetishes he has.

Sexy girls, swords lol
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why there are only swords in the SP is because of the SOB, to perform the SOB you need a sword now we could argue that SOB could be performed with FT, KG and ES they could even do something along the lines of SOB for the blunt weapons, but they haven't they have keeps SOB a sword thing and we have all heard and read the "cutting a person" comments which again enforce swords,

In multiplayer there isn't going to be any SOB, cos SOB goes in to slow mo and you can't have slow mo in a multiplayer game, and so without SOB in the MP there free to add all the weapons, and that's why even with the swords we won't see SOB in the multiplayer

There’s no way where going to see more weapons in NG3’s single player then NGS2’s single player
I don’t know how many weapons were going to really get it could just be 2 cos remember that scan of the OPSM US which had Ryu on it with no sword to be seen, there was comment saying that it was because of his arm and that he could no longer wield the DS any more so he got the Blade of the Arch Fined, but don’t quote me on that
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tecmo have said on their facebook that NG3 will be distributed in Germany by THQ and that's why the game was at the THQ booth, and they said for the UK it will be TKE
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn… I at least hope we will be able to play co-op mode without being online Confused What are they thinking seriously…
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah, moshin, those were exactly my thoughts Very Happy Some weapons would be just to big to have a cool looking SOB. Imagine how it would look if Ryu uses the Dabilahro on human enemies.

So hopefully I can pwn everyone with the FT in MP, lol. Game comes out in Germany. Good news for me Smile
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect much toned down violence and possible gameplay tweaks. How can you cut through bone. That is TOO violent I say Razz
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
Tecmo have said on their facebook that NG3 will be distributed in Germany by THQ and that's why the game was at the THQ booth, and they said for the UK it will be TKE

Interesting. So THQ has a hand in NG3's publishing duties (albeit in one territory). When Koei and Tecmo merged, there was talk from the Tecmo side that merging with KOEI would give them better distribution and alleviate any publishing issues.

From this recent news, it doesn't seem to me as if that were true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: