ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NGS easier than NGB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigalski
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

Gamertag: Bigalski
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a karma run on NGS (especially MN) is much harder than NGB but for just messing around, NGS is easier.
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

word on that, master bigalski

Twisted Evil
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't I get a cool name?
Desi_Shinobi
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: PSN: DesiShinobi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to disagree.

I own all three versions of Ninja Gaiden 1 and completed every difficulty.

And I found Sigma to be more challenging then Black or the Original.

What made Black Master Ninja so hard for me was the random ambushes you get, but knowing there locations just makes it easier for you.

In Sigma they removed the random ambushes and its easier then Ninja Gaiden Blacks Master Ninja mode.

I also found the Ashtar Ryu clone fights to be alot more challenging whereas in Black they were pretty beatable.
They also implemented the majority of the enemies from the highier difficulties in Black into Normal mode on Sigma. That alone gives it a challenge.

Berserkers one on one battle is alot easier on Black. But the 120 Berserker Challenge is infact harder on Sigma then it is on Black, where you could you use the camera to turn away from the other two berserkers when your fighting the one. Where in Sigma they do the landmines regardless.

Plus another thing that makes Ninja Gaiden Black easy is that its so slow compared to Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Especially playing NInja Gaiden 2 and going back to Black almost makes it unplayable because I found it that slow.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG, I also have all 3 versions of the game except NG2 and I saw, Berserkers one on one on black was harder, In NGS you can counter them... I agree that the 120 berserker challenge is harder coz they plant their powermines beneath you and shoot fire balls at you when the camera isnt even facing them, yet ONE On ONE they are too easy, all i need do is counter their first strike.. This is the error you made, And as for the ashtar ryu clones, they are easy on both NGB and NGS, I could pummel them until they result to guitolline throw or ninpo, thats the only way they hit me. want proof check my vid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BBkQac_JGJ4
Desi_Shinobi
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: PSN: DesiShinobi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I messed up with my sentence on that bit. They are certainly harder one on one on Black only because they guard break on the first hit, and on Sigma you can counter them.

But in groups, Sigma takes it with the difficulty, where in Black you can exploit the camera.

Yeah your video wasnt bad.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, thanx dude, sorry if i came out harsh and all . But yeah in sigma you cant exploit camera thats for sure
slobbergoat
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought Sigma for a friend since I wanted them to actually play a decent game on their PS3 for once and was fairly curious as to how it was changed from Black; however, overall I think it's far easier due to the crappier introduction of skills and the way enemies simply seem easier to kill - whether this is just luck in the AI or it is genuinely worse, though, I'm not sure.

Ultimately I ended up woodswording the whole "normal" difficulty, occasionally charging to the dabilahro for worms - something I usually can't do in Black without some level of trouble.

Compared to Black's normal, which is always challenging (not in the difficult sense, but in the sense you need to pay attention to get anywhere), Sigma's enemies seemed far dumber - after speedrunning through Hard and VeryHard it seems that the red and black spider clan ninja were less 'tricky' and didn't use their flipping sword attack or explosive shurikens very often at all; likewise, cat fiends were easily killed through flying swallow / izuna drop spam - trying that in Black gets you flying swallowed during the cooldown frames by the other cat demons.

Also, giving the player the Flying Swallow ability so early in the game ruins the challenge utterly of the first two levels - particularly given that unlike nearly every other enemy in the game, white and brown ninjas don't seem to have the AI package neccesary to dodge, block or counter the flying swallow - making a level otherwise good for picking up gameplay skills just end up a flying spamfest. All the work to make flying swallow a specialty attack in Black over normal Ninja Gaiden seems to have been dumped.

And yeah, the Beserkers are completely pathetic now that they can be countered - they're about as dangerous as a black samurai.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an Xbox but from the walkthroughs I saw I never understood in which way Black was more difficult… the lesser difficulty in Sigma apparently comes primarily from the fact Ryu has two new moves (wall flying swallow and air shooting, which are not exactly game breakers) and maybe the fact you can use potions without pausing. And two puzzles are removed in Sigma. Other than that the enemies and fights are nearly identical.

I didn't know you couldn't counter the Berserkers in Black though… but even that works only when you fight them one at a time (and even so you have first to figure out this strategy). When there are several (which is the case 90% of the time), they put a landmine while you can't move after the counter. With two, managing them requires quite a bit of timing and patience and with three the counter strategy actually becomes more dangerous than useful.

DCTF only makes some bosses like Dynamo (with the 360 move), Hydracubus (with the UT) or non-awakened Alma (STSSSTT when she is stunned) a bit easier but it's utterly useless against fast and agile enemies like the ninjas or the cats, and not very effective against the massive ones, so it doesn't make the game that much easier. The 360 move doesn't give any i-frame either.

Other than these few details, the difficulty seems about the same to me. I struggled for a week just to get to the first save point in Master Ninja. So in the end, maybe most people find Sigma easier… because they already had mastered the game in Black.

What puzzles me even more is that people seem to agree that a karma run is harder in Sigma… how is that possible is the game is that much easier ? Are the time limits less forgiving or something ?
magx
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickcat wrote:
the first stage on master ninja is also a bvtch, actually its harder than the others, because most of the tricks that worked on murai before, dont work that much on this mode.

Anyone care to expand on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: