ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

First teaser out.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind a devil trigger mode for ryu, seriously if its added into the game or not it wont bother me, But I m interested in how ryus animations can be evolved. Ryus dodging is too stiff in NG2, He supposed to be able to dodge like in all the CGis we ve seen, yet the average spiderclan ninja can even dodge his attacks in a stylish fashion.

All i know is that they need to evolve the formula they are using with NG thus far and take it further, otherwise with will be sigma 2 with only new weapons and environments. So i want to see what the change is, who knows it might be the story that makes ryu become cursed and not that he has always had the power to transform. I ll reserve further comments for E3 since thats when we ll get gameplay footage.

My only problem will be the cutting mechanic, I hope that its not forced, I m more interested in ryus combo animations and fluidity than wasting time cutting, unless its fast and doesnt remove the combo system, I would be glad.
Also cyberdevil, i m exactly like you, i dont tend to use transformations in games that have it, but this is at my whims though, I love being normal fighting higher beings, but there are times when you just want to be in the same level of transformation as the enemy you are fighting, I say its 50/50 for me. It wont bother me if theres a transformation or not thats all I can say, I ll take eitherway, I d want a transformation if it makes ryu faster, changes his animations for his moves and ultimate techniques. And as vspectra said b4 I dont mind a ninja focus rather than a transformation, something that would heighten his ninpo and normal moves, make him dodge faster or run faster change his dodge animations as well and most of all allow the use of ninpo for projectiles, If a transformation will give me this Hell yeah I ll take it. if they can add it without one even better.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive.
Can't wait till E3.
I want to see some gameplay.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you can basically use some uber powers and everytime you are doing this, Ryu will rip off his mask and shows his face to visually support the "unleash" aspect of his hidden powers.

I can already smell a transform mode, where Ryu not transforms into some monster or demon, but glows red or changes the outfit.

*sad face*

The interesting point about the video is what happens in the background and that Ryu pulls his mask off AFTER killing the monster/screen ^^/thing. So he actually "needs" some kind of "rage energy". His venes are unnatural. I guess we will see this in the game. The more power you gain, the more Ryus venes are pulsing. The trailer was In-Engine and 60 fps, so I guess it's also Ryus basic model in the game which includes his unnatural venes, as well.

But I hope it's not something like "press X to lift the mask and absorb the soul with the evil-eye" feature lol
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Sath what were you saying about NG stepping up its game because of Bayonetta? Because Hayashi doesn't agree with you there.

http://www.play-mag.co.uk/general/ninja-gaiden-producer-bayonetta-is-outdated/

We knew Hayashi was going to make controversial decisions. But WHAT? This is kind of why I have been keeping my thoughts to myself until I am sure.

I'm still not sure but it is sort of sounding like the dev team is on a different page. Which is also what I was picking up from Cyber's hints.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got called "cyberdevil" in this thread. WTF? My name is like six inches to the right, man.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
I got called "cyberdevil" in this thread. WTF? My name is like six inches to the right, man.

Change your name ASAP xD
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used this tag for too damn long. People can call me CE or even by my name if they want. It's not like it's hard to find that out, with all the crap I've done. Sigh.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: greiver0829 PSN:greiver829

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people been a long time, how have u people been.
greiver829
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: greiver0829 PSN:greiver829

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I dont like when he said its going to be accessible. That means typo easy like sigma 2,i thrive on the difficulties, if its not hard then I won't be too interested in it.
Ezerhordren
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the interviews made on hayashi im not really happy about NG3. At least they are making the game from scratch, so it has nothing to do with sigma/sigma 2 (THANKS GOD! THOSE PORTS ARE HORRIBLE!) I've read that the game will enphatize about cutting... but since you have to "struggle" with the bones and flesh of your enemies... I don't know how the fvck they will manage to not ruin the addictive gameplay NG2 had, you could swiftly delimb ninja after ninja in no time.. and now you have to bruteforce your katana trough the bodies of your enemies? it sounds bullshit to me. I only hope they don't add QTE. Liked them in GoW, and DIE HARD, hated them in every other game. The only thing I would like about these new cutting system, is to press the button repeteadly to cut. Like, when you have to kill the minotaurs in GoW? Man I love killing those guys, like you are struggling with them. well those are my 2 cents, and BTW, english is not my first language so... Razz
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG3 discussed on Epic Battle Cry:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/skirmish-112-epicbattlecry/712750
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an interview with Hayashi. So apparently I was on the right track with the reflection in his eye. I said it was probably a boss. He says its Ryu's rival. Not 100% but I was pretty close.

So mask comes off. Ryu's rival. Whats next?
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it's basically a "Genshin v2"? xD
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayashi likes to throwback old bosses so Genshin himself could make an appearance.

Anyway I'm not getting my hopes up but I am crossing my fingers this is on Project Cafe as well. I doubt it. But heres hoping.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
That's real messed up, cyberdemon.

Ryu with a devil trigger? It's like team ninja wants all of my money or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: