ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3 Accessible and from Scratch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Ninja Gaiden 3 Accessible and from Scratch Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden 3 will be more accessible

Hack and slash series Ninja Gaiden is known for its brutal difficulty - but with the third game in the series developer Team Ninja plans to make the action more accessible.
"Team Ninja's aim with Ninja Gaiden 3 is twofold: to be the number one 3D action game of the time, and secondly, the main character is Ryu Hayabusa. They're the two things we're focusing on," Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi told Eurogamer.
"Then, providing excitement, which is not only from the difficulty. That's just one of the elements. It's more like having excitement from fighting an exciting boss. That is what we needed."
Ninja Gaiden 3 is being developed without the aid of Tomonobu Itagaki , who quit as Team Ninja boss in 2008.
Gamers and critics have described NG3 as a reboot and an attempt by the new Team Ninja to make its own mark on the series Itagaki so loved.
"With the previous Ninja Gaidens, you were playing and you were excited, but it was more about putting the controller into the TV screen or something," Hayashi said. "That kind of excitement we were focusing on and aiming for. So that's why for you maybe it was too difficult at that time.
"That's one of the elements. We're not focusing on it, but focusing on providing excitement."
So, is Ninja Gaiden 3 easier than 1 and 2?
"Not easy," Hayashi replied, "but it will enable more people to play. More accessible. We don't plan to have Ninja Gaiden 3 only for the really good, skilled people."
Ninja Gaiden was a 2004 Xbox-exclusive that Eurogamer awarded 9/10.
"You could however quite reasonably argue that the difficulty curves upwards a bit beyond the reach of the average gamer, and that there are too many instances particularly towards the end when you simply don't have enough health elixirs to continue making progress, and falling back to a previous save game becomes necessary," Tom wrote in his review.
Little is known about Ninja Gaiden 3. Tecmo Koei is yet to reveal launch platforms or a release date - although we can expect a hands-on demo at this year's E3

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-24-ninja-gaiden-3-will-be-more-accessible

Ninja Gaiden 3 being created from 'scratch'.

A rapidly evolving games industry has made 2008's Ninja Gaiden II "outdated", according to Ninja Gaiden 3 producer Yosuke Hayashi.
Speaking to VideoGamer.com via a translator at a London press event earlier today, Hayashi discussed how the team took criticisms of Ninja Gaiden II on board for the upcoming Ninja Gaiden 3.
"The good things we want to improve more and bad things we want to change," he said. "Most of all, basically, for the previous series - Ninja Gaiden II is already outdated, I feel. That's why, as you see, the industry evolution for game creation and game development already has been changed and paradigm shifted.
"That's why it's important for Ninja Gaiden III - we want to have it brand new, and we're going to create a Ninja Gaiden 3 from full scratch and change the paradigm."
While Hayashi wasn't prepared to talk much about Ninja Gaiden 3 ahead of more detailed announcements at GDC and E3, he did let us know a little about Team Ninja's approach to the multi-platform title.
"Overviewing Ninja Gaiden starting from Ninja Gaiden 1", he said. "1 is more focussed on cutting people with the sword and katana, and [referring to Ninja Gaiden II's copious buckets of gore] in the second we challenged the expression after cutting"
For the third game, however, Team Ninja is "focusing more on how to cut people, and the sense of cutting."
Hayashi also revealed that Team Ninja intends to show series protagonist Ryu Hayabusa as "a Japanese dark hero" this time around.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/team_ninja_ninja_gaiden_ii_is_already_outdated.html

Last edited by mohsin117 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Neders
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Neders

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...I don't know what to say about this.

I won't judge the game without playing, but I was pretty excited for it until I read your post, now...I just don't know.

Could go either way I guess.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah I judge the game on it's own merits anyway. I think it will only be accessible on the lower difficulties btw. It makes sense to draw more fans especially with people jumping ship from DMC XD
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not to worried about the game becoming easy, im sure it will remain a hard game, and yeah it is still very early

I posted these articles on GT and it did not go down well :S and seriously NG2 is out of date…
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden III Will Be Completely Different

Ninja Gaiden III will make you feel what it's like to cut through someone's bones.

That's what Team Ninja studio head Yosuke Hayashi told us during an interview today. He says the third game, which was first revealed at this past Tokyo Game Show, will give a new meaning to the term "slicing and dicing."

"Ninja Gaiden I was all about cutting people and in Ninja Gaiden II it was about dismembering enemies," Yosuke told IGN. "In Ninja Gaiden III, you're going to experience something new regarding the feeling of cutting people.

"You'll actually feel how it feels to cut through someone; you'll feel the bones breaking. We're going to focus on the feeling of cutting someone more than dismembering them."

Yosuke says it won't be so easy to cut down your enemies this time around. In Ninja Gaiden III, players will actually experience a type of physical resistance when cutting through an enemy.

"You'll have to press buttons, things like that, to have your katana go through the bodies. There will be force-feedback to reinforce the idea; There will be work to cutting somebody," he explained.

"The intention for this title is to focus on the feeling of cutting someone instead of just going through entire armies of bad guys."

The story for Ninja Gaiden III takes place after the second game. Yosuke explained the team wants players to experience protagonist Ryu Hayabusa's personal history and background, and explore his darker side.

"We're going to focus on all aspects of Ryu as a human being rather than a generic ninja character," he said.

The Ninja Gaiden series has become infamously known for being extremely difficult. Yosuke said Ninja Gaiden III will be more accessible but contends it will still be a Ninja Gaiden game through and through.

"We are trying to design the game so that anyone can take on the game and experience the action," he said. "You can expect it to be less demanding than Ninja Gaiden II, it won't be as hard as that."

"It might taste a bit different, but it will still stay Ninja Gaiden, and we don't think the difficulty is a big issue."

While Yosuke couldn't go into detail about Ninja Gaiden III's combat, he did say the team is addressing the camera issues that plagued the past games. He explained that while the team wants to make a smoother camera, they still want to keep it close to the action.

"We consider Ninja Gaiden I and Ninja Gaiden II's design to be old," he said. "We are trying something new for the gameplay and starting over from scratch."

Ninja Gaiden III will be shown at E3 2011 this June.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1145715p1.html
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“He explained that while the team wants to make a smoother camera, they still want to keep it close to the action.”

This is probable the best thing Hayashi has ever said, im more then happy with the current broken camera and id rather see that again instead of a pulled out or fixed camera, and it nice to know that Hayashi understands that the NG camera is supposed to be in and close to the action

"We consider Ninja Gaiden I and Ninja Gaiden II's design to be old," he said. "We are trying something new for the gameplay and starting over from scratch."

This worries me, and the constant talk of cutting and katana, he’s not going to go one weapon is he? no he wouldn’t to do that…. and “semthing new for the gameplay” don’t mess about with the combat system!
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden 3: What We Know So Far

Ninja Gaiden developer Team Ninja stopped by the GamePro offices today with some tantalizing details about the upcoming third game in the series.
Based on what we saw at Tokyo Game Show 2010, we don't know much -- just that Dragon Clan ninja Ryu Hayabusa is the lead (duh), and there's something reflected in his eye that's probably significant to the plot.
Based on carefully worded questions through a translator, Team Ninja lead Yosuke Hayashi gave us a few more details

The series is getting a gameplay tweak. The famous balls-hard difficulty is still available for the hardcore gamer -- but newcomers won't be discouraged thanks to alternative difficulty settings.
Ninja Gaiden 2 was all about the slicing and dicing of limbs. Ninja Gaiden 3 will be more about the "guts." Ew.
Ryu is planned as the only playable character. That doesn't mean series favorites like Ayane and Rachel won't show up. We just might not get to play them even if they do.
There's no planned public demo just yet, but the game will be playable for the press at E3 2011.

Team Ninja told GamePro it was too early to talk about Move, Kinect, or multiplayer.
Remember that Ninja Gaiden 3 is the first sequel in the series following former Team Ninja head Tomonobu Itagaki's departure after Ninja Gaiden 2. Yosuke Hayashi previously headed up development on Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 -- so it'll be interesting to see what core Ninja Gaiden concepts he keeps and what new ones he chooses to implement.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/217954/ninja-gaiden-3-what-we-know-so-far/

Last edited by mohsin117 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for E3. We'll see how Team Ninja does on their first real Team Ninja game post-Itagaki.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden III: Saved or Ruined?

Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden II were old-fashioned games, relics of Japanese developers unwilling to stray from conventions of the past. This according to current Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi. I love these two titles -Ninja Gaiden Black is one of my top five original Xbox games - but he's right. These games are built from old sensibilities for harcore gamers. Ninja Gaiden III is going to break free of this trap. At least, that's my hope.

Recently, IGN reported three big changes coming for Ninja Gaiden III: the story is a personal journey for hero Ryu Hayabusa, Team Ninja is rebuilding the gameplay from scratch, and it won't feature scream-inducing difficulty. Do these changes mean the Ninja Gaiden series is ruined or saved?

The Hero Within
Ninja Gaiden III may take place after the events of Ninja Gaiden II, but the focus is on telling the story of Ryu past. Ninja Gaiden II's ending appears to dovetail with the storyline of the old arcade game, making the modern series already something of a prequel. But now we're going to see more into Ryu's history, to days when he wasn't easily slashing the heads off enemies.

Story has never been Ninja Gaiden's signature. And to be fair, storytelling has never been a strong suit of Team Ninja. Will a more personal story, perhaps one that doesn't feature the rivers of blood in the Underworld, make for a more compelling experience? It's hard to say. At the very least, it sounds like Team Ninja is making an attempt to deliver something emotional.

To succeed, they need to tone down the melodramatic enemy speeches, the shadowy characters randomly who appear and disappear from the plot for no reason, and the boobs. No, seriously, I get it -- girls have boobs. Bouncing them in my face constantly is not unpleasant, but I can't take a game seriously that does so. It's also time for Team Ninja to stop teasing us about the childhood relationship between Ryu and Ayane. If this is about Ryu's past and we don't finally understand what formed this tight bond between the two, then why bother with an origin story at all?

Feel Every Kill
Turning a game known for expedient kills and easily lopped off limbs into something with different pacing and completely new gameplay mechanics is a considerable risk. My assumption, from speaking with Hayashi-san, is that because we'll experience Ryu's early days, these kills still need to be practiced.

Chopping off limbs sounds like a quick mini-game, something involving button presses, perhaps matching on-screen commands like God of War. It's hard to imagine this from a Ninja Gaiden game. I love Ninja Gaiden Black so much, but perhaps its day has passed. Maybe it is time for something totally different.

Ninja Gaiden never made me feel anything -- except maybe, "Oh yeah, I'm killing s---!" If every kill suddenly feels like a major victory, if each decapitation is a challenge, if Ninja Gaiden III makes you earn it, then maybe (just maybe), there's an emotional toll for what you've done. Make the bodies matter. Make every death feel personal and the game itself should feel personal.

No One Likes a Quitter
Achievements and Trophies have had one significant impact on game development. For the first time, developers get real data not just on how many people finish their games, but on how far people get before quitting. I have to imagine Team Ninja looked at the Achievement rate for Ninja Gaiden II completions and saw that the majority of gamers gave up fairly early. I don't even knowmany hardcore gamers that finished Ninja Gaiden II -- can you imagine how many casual fans stopped a third of the way through?

I love Ninja Gaiden because it's hard as hell. If you beat it, you've accomplished something. But I imagine a developer must be disheartened to spend two or three years making something only to have few gamers play it all the way through. Hell, I'd make my game easier too if I knew no one bothered to get to the end.

That doesn't mean Ninja Gaiden's past gameplay was flawed. Old fashioned, yes, but great for what it was. For the most part, I kept plugging away at Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden II because they were so tough, not because the sword fighting was amazing or the story was at all intriguing. It was the need to beat those fatherless child down. If Team Ninja can replace the extreme challenge with something equally compelling, then I won't miss the difficulty. That's a big "if."

I have a good feeling about Ninja Gaiden III. It's undergoing a lot of changes, and that takes some courage, especially for a development team that honestly hasn't shown an appetite for risk-taking. It's a bold new direction, but Ninja Gaiden needs it.

Team Ninja won't show Ninja Gaiden III until June, at E3 2011, so it will be a while before any of us knows if the risk saved the series. What I can say, and what I know is true, is that if Ryu's adventure hadn't changed, eventually Ninja Gaiden would be ruined.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1145899p1.html
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Neders

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Chopping off limbs sounds like a quick mini-game, something involving button presses, perhaps matching on-screen commands like God of War."

Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had my hopes up NG3 was on NGP then but meh only Dynasty Warriors. Doesn't rule it out of course. Sorry if this seems off topic XD
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Hayashi - be gentle with my 3D Gaiden... You make me nervous with all this cryptic info.
Sad

mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden III: A Cut Above the Rest

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1146735p1.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: