ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Itagaki's new game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Itagaki's new game Reply with quote

Itagaki says that heíll be at E3 with his new game

Let the speculations begin

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1095426p1.html
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea to expect. Well, I know it's not a fighting game. I hope it's not a shooter. I know he said that he wanted to do a WWII shooter and he likes Halo and Gears of War. I'm guessing that we'll find out on Monday at the Microsoft press conference.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heīs going to unveil his new project tonight on the Game Trailers E3 All Access thingy

http://www.valhallagamestudios.com/en/

So thatīs probably what they were meaning when they said "... and donīt miss a schocking surprise, when one of the most a legendary... unveils his top secret new project...bla,bla,bla"
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it going to be revealed to day

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096576p1.html
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uncensored trailer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/itagakis-new-game-devils-third?size=hd

As for first thoughts not what i was expecting or hoping for, was really hoping for something with a bit more style and to be honest something a little more fantasy and less western, i know that Itagaki is all for the western market,

Im defiantly interested, i mean this is basicly the frisking team behind NG and DOA, and you got to keep in mind that this is still in development, itís probably going to happen but i hope that thereís more than just swords, i want claws scythes and staffs

And i donít think its going to be better then NG i suppose you could argue that itís not going after NG
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
uncensored trailer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/itagakis-new-game-devils-third?size=hd

As for first thoughts not what i was expecting or hoping for, was really hoping for something with a bit more style and to be honest something a little more fantasy and less western, i know that Itagaki is all for the western market,

Im defiantly interested, i mean this is basicly the frisking team behind NG and DOA, and you got to keep in mind that this is still in development, itís probably going to happen but i hope that thereís more than just swords, i want claws scythes and staffs

And i donít think its going to be better then NG i suppose you could argue that itís not going after NG

LOL you pretty much sum it up there. It isn't exactly like NG. But even as a shooter this shocked me. I don't know, maybe I need more information or something. Its just so shocking to see this type of game from Itagaki. It doesn't even have a fantasy feel to it.

I don't mind blood but at least NG has a creative edge to its gory look. This has blood and it throws it out more like the typical US games. The environments don't look like his normal art style. Maybe its for a different audience. Or it could just be me. The gameplay will have great depth yes but I also liked the styles they used when at Team Ninja. Thats why they are my favourite xbox games. But it could just be the lack of info at this point.

I would have rather had a viking version of Ninja Gaiden.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv been reading the kotaku interview and they say that some of the stuff in the trailer is from THQ and not Valhalla, which sort of leaves me hoping that the final product isnít going to be ďWETĒ not that i didnít like WET i actually really enjoyed it, Itagaki also said that itís a shooter with Hack and Slash added i would much prefer a Hack and Slash with shooter added

I suppose its way to early to make any solid decisions but like i say i canít see it out doing NG or DOA, i mean i canít see it having the sort of story that NG has, yes NG has no story but we have threads on the back story of NG and who it fits in with DOA and on the character and theories on why things happen or are even said in NG and i canít see all that happening in Devilís Third
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shooter I dont mind, but its not sci-fi as I like them.

Modern and realistic without any sci-fi or fantasy twist to it bores me alot, let alone the look of things.

When I saw it the first thing I thought was WET but probably better melee engine.

Throw in Crackdown for some freeroaming style and you got it in one package.

I waited for NG2 for years and I got dissapointed except the combat (thank you) but after that I wondered if Itagaki lost his creativity and obviously with this game, he has.

Sorry Itagaki but I wont bother your games anymore until I see a fantasy or sci-fi game coming from you, and I have a gutfeeling he will focus on american market which is shooters.

Though I dont understand why some are surprised it is a shooter when he said in a few interviews that he was interested in shooting genre.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am suprised he did a shooter but its not just because he's not done one before. Its the approach they are taking more than anything.

There is no fantasy. No sci fi. The Japanese art I admired in the other two series looks to be gone. Besides the speed of the combat there is nothing (at this point anyway) that they added that appeals to me through his past games. But this is still early days and the game is a long way off. I may change my mind once I learn more. But that was my point the whole time. Not just with Devils Third but with Sigma 2.

Its not about who is making the game. Its about what flavours they are using. Every developer in the world can make a game that doesn't appeal to you or that you just can't seem to like no matter what you have yourself believe. Even if you are the most hardcore fan of their work.

This is based off my first impression and until I learn more about this game I don't know what to think of the game properly. But at this point in time it doesn't appeal to me.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

Sorry Itagaki but I wont bother your games anymore until I see a fantasy or sci-fi game coming from you, and I have a gutfeeling he will focus on american market which is shooters.

Though I dont understand why some are surprised it is a shooter when he said in a few interviews that he was interested in shooting genre.

Yes, and because it's the sudios first game, it must reach a wide range of gamers. But yeah, I expected more creativity from "mastermind" Itagaki Surprised
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck! it has that filthy unreal engine look..... it has potential
but come on I came up with something like this when i was in tenth grade
i know not everything has to be sci-fi but if they put a few space and Asian levels in this
i might think about.................. what you gave lost planet 2 a 6 outta 10 are you nuts this game rocks!!
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, Lost Planet 2 is awesome. I love it Very Happy
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devil's Third Slated For 2012

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1101102p1.html
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itagaki: PS3 version of Devilís Third to support 3D (maybe)

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/06/itagaki-ps3-version-of-devils-third-to-support-3d-maybe
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a long time to wait. Hopefully, we'll get to see some more footage soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: