ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Trophy List
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defeating enemies over finish the game with one weapon seems like a more like-able achievement. They should also add a "defeated all bosses using [weapon]" achievement.

So whats the "Rescue 100 ninja's" bit?
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to revive your partner 100 times in coop mode Wink
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rytango wrote:
"killing 1000 to get a Weapon Master Trophy just seems like a wimps version of the Weapon Master Achievements"

I guess if they were to put in a TRUE Weapon Master Trophy, it'd require you to master every combo on each weapon's list 100 times.

I'm happy with what it is, happier than NG2's Weapon Master Achievements anyway. That way was just unreasonable and broken, at least this way you have to earn them legitimately, even if you do spam one move or UT all the time (but that's just boring IMO and I wouldn't want to display that behavior to a co-op partner). I'd still like a weapon survival mode tho.

The reason why i think killing 1000 enemies to get Weapon Master is a little wimpy is because that doesnít involve bosses or even enemies you could keep playing that bit in chapter 9 where you fight all those betel fiends before entering that green tunnel, and you could just keep reloading that same save point and UTing until you clocked up 1000 kills,

like iv said it is a good thing that they removed the "one weapon whole game" thing but now that they got the ninja records and chapter select they could have improved the Weapon Master Achievement by sort of like having the records keep track of which weapon you used in each chapter so for example you play chapter 1 with only the Dragon Sword and then you play chapter 2 and 3 with the Lunar after which you play the rest of the game with just the Dragon Sword, and now you can go to the Ninja Records and you'll see that to get the Dragon Sword Master Trophy you have to play chapters 2 and 3 with the Dragon Sword, so you go to chapter select and load up chapter 2 play it with the Dragon Sword and the same with chapter 3 and there you go you've now played every chapter with the Dragon Sword well done Dragon Sword Master Trophy unlocked.
you see where im going with this.

i think this way gives more freedom to the player it don't force you to play the game from beginning to end with one weapon, and i think that people are more likely to spam one move or UT all the time when killing 1000 enemies then when attempting the Weapon Master Achievement cos the Weapon Master Achievement forces you to learn the weapon cos you'll be fighting bosses and higher level enemies

and i don't see any problem with UTing all the time cos it gives you bear karma and constantly UTing will result in sacrificing essence which i feel means that it's not a cheap tactic, not that i keep UTing.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringerofchaos888 wrote:
The guys legit. I checked.

He must be rich or a game tester.

You must have ridiculous plug. No wonder you trip on giving out information, you're just watching you'r own a$$. Either way keep up the good work.
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"where you fight all those betel fiends before entering that green tunnel, and you could just keep reloading that same save point and UTing until you clocked up 1000 kills"

Unless the game has an internal kill counter, then you couldn't keep reloading to get 1000 kills. At the end of each chapter they give you a score of how many you killed and I imagine they do the same for NGS2 and it's co-op missions. So, no I do not think it will be possible to rack up 1000 beetle kills by reloading. You have to save your progress to save what you killed. That would be even more broken than NG2's way.

Edit: Unless those beetles are always there after you save? I remember your way back to a save point was blocked off. If it isn't, then I'm sure it would be a great area to farm. Which begs another question, did they get rid of farming? That would be a major concern for this and in which case I would agree with you. But even then you are still earning the trophy, albeit rather blandly, lol.

And you'll be fighting bosses in co-op and Story mode anyway. The choice is really yours how you choose to master each weapon. And I do see where you are going with chapter selects and doing them with each weapon. That's actually a good alternative as well, assuming of course the game tracks your weapon that you started with to chapter's end and recognizes weapon switching.Unless you can just play most of them with projectiles/ninpo and save at the boss, beat them with each weapon on that save, repeat until CH. 13 or so. But I think NGS2's way it gives more people freedom to how they earn the trophy and not have it just restricted to story mode.

Edit: Easy way to fix the above is implement a Weapon Master mode. Where you pick one weapon and have access to only that one weapon throughout the chapter you selected. If that's what you were saying all along then I apologize, I just needed it worded clearer for me is all, heh.

I only say UT spamming is boring to me, personally. It's not bad, it just can get boring, especially if that's all I'm doing. I like performing combos and such.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the mission modes and stuff will have bosses but u wonít be forced to use a weapon on that boss unless thatís a mission in its self and even then you could have gained the trophy,
So itís like someone canít use the Kusari-gama now in NG2 youíll be forced to use it against the bosses but in NGS2 you could fight all the enemies with the Kusari-gama but when you got to a boss switch to a different weapon so in theory someone could go through the hole game without ever fighting a boss with the Kusari-gama, unless thereís a mission where you have to use the Kusari-gama to kill a boss but like i said its possible to have already earned the trophy before you attempting that mission

Now im positive that the game saves your kills regardless of if youíve saved it or not because i got the Feat of a Thousand Obliterations Achievement early on in the game and thereís no way i had OT 1000 enemies to get it what had happened is i kept OTing and dyeing but the game kept count even if it didnít appear at the chapter results screen and then thereís the Indomitable Spirit Achievement cos you have to die to get that it shows that the game keeps count, and any way isnít the records system suppose to keep count regard less of if you saved it or not

I didnít say anything about a Weapon Master Mode but i have thought of that and that works as well Smile
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, both NG2's and NGS2's Weapon Master achievements/trophies suck then. But at least it's a sure thing you'd actually use the weapon very often in NGS2 vs. the possible loophole in NG2. If you are just UTing beetles all day, then that's your prerogative, you are still using the weapon however (a bit on the boring side if you ask me tho).

A Weapon Master mode is the only thing that would actually force you to master your weapon, or instead, I think Weapon Mastery should be obtained through weapon survival modes that are separate from the story. This way it's more fresh instead of doing each chapter over and over, eliminating the needless traveling and platforming bits while concentrating on using your weapon to combat waves of enemies and bosses.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackNinja9 wrote:
Bringerofchaos888 wrote:
The guys legit. I checked.

He must be rich or a game tester.

You must have ridiculous plug. No wonder you trip on giving out information, you're just watching you'r own a$$. Either way keep up the good work.

I have no idea what you mean by this...care to elaborate? The guy with the trophies is legit and he is one of IGNs staff writers. I just don't get it...

Oh and the 16 trophies aren't for level completion. Some bosses and beating some difficulties, however there are a couple others. I do NOT have the full list though, so don't bug me about it, please.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh and the 16 trophies aren't for level completion."

Well it's good that it's at least consistent with not giving any for level completion. Glad to know they won't stop on giving trophies for Ch. 9 and not the rest (I never knew why they did that for NG2)
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know what the secret trophies are?

Probably playthroughs but aren't there some involving the new characters?
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"hug Ayane 1000 times in a row - only Female Tengu can achieve this trophy" Laughing

Last edited by Female Tengu on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
*hug Ayane 1000 times in a row - only Female Tengu can achieve this trophy" Laughing

Make sure you dont flip the TV over when you do.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

"Plug" is an old slang term we use in Chicago for "connections." I assumed you knew somebody b/c you always have the new information. If not my fault for assuming (ass out u and me).
alex_champ
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that even possible? He's achieved so much with his ninja.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: