ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

mohsin117 - NG blogs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, the shurikens barely do damage to fiends but yeah, I had the same thoughts when I watched Rachels movelist. Ryu could use the bow or even his cannon LOL

In NG there should also be more wall moves.

Quote:
something that Hayashi said would be in NGS2 was the Izuna Drop for all that weapons, this never did happen but i do hope to see it come through in the future

I think he just means that the Izuna drop is no longer a leveling up reward. The izuna is now level 1 enabled for all weapons.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayashi said that the Izuna drop would be available or al weapons in NGS2, but it wasnít i suppose itís not a big deal that it didnít go through, but it was defiantly a good idea, but yeah the Izuan was added to level 1, i read some post where people said they thought it was to powerful and shouldnít have been available at lvl. 1, i didnít see any problem with it but if there is a issue i think it can be easily fixed just by having the Izuna grow stronger as the weapon is levelled up

a number of the weapon donít also have 360 UT, i think thatís also something they should consider adding to all the weapons, 360 UTs can usually be executed without any enemies, this can actually be used tactically like in a situations where Archers are firing at you and enemies are approaching you could charge up the 360 UT and release it before enemies get close to you and let it go to get a few hits on the enemies that are approaching and avoid archer fire all that the same time, im aware that the normal UT for some weapons such as the Kusari-gama and Eclipse Scythe release their UTís without any enemies presence which i think is fine,
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: XBL: Lethal NinjaS PSN: SorrowNinja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on most of your points but, like you said about the weapons.... It wouldn't make sense if they bring back the Dihabalo ( or however you say it ) because we have the Enmas fang and thats obviously the spiritual seccesor of the Dihabalo. Same thing with Nuchucks, we already have the vigoorian flails, no need for the nunchucks.

What needs to be improved in future NG's is. In Sigma 2/ NG2, all you do is fight some enemies then open a door or something then fight eve more enemies and now your at a boss. In the Orginal, You'll fight enemies, do some platforming, end up at a door, you realize you need a key, do some back tracking and then kill the enemies and get the key. Finally, you open the door and your now facing the boss.

Thats what I liked about the original NG, Team Ninja needs to go back to the original NG roots ( not saying take out the features of Sigma 2/ NG 2) Also, I liked how most of the charecters had a little personality in them. I hate the bosses in Sigma 2/ NG 2, they're extreamly cheap at times and %99.99 of your death against a boss was because of grabs which was rare in the orginal NG. I hope Team Ninja wows its fans with Ninja Gaiden 3.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has also been added to the opening post

I found the sole purpose of the new weapon upgrade system in NGS2 to be just a big annoyance,

I should start with how the original NGs did weapon upgrades, back with the original NGs the way you would upgrade the weapons was by killing enemies and collecting essences and then spending them at any Muramas shop to upgrade weapons, but the game didnít allow you to max out the weapons until half way in to the game, now this wasnít a massive issue with the NG/NGB because the upgrade system was built for around the game, factors such as a low enemy count meant that you wouldnít have enough essence to upgrade a weapon in one sitting unless you harvested, and no rebounding health resulted in spending more money on health items, and then thereís the fact that the first part of the game you only had the Dragon Sword, and by the time you had burned through the level 2 attack list you where near enough half way through the game,

In NGS more weapons where added but the pacing of the game still meant that the cap stopping you from upgrading to level 3 wasnít a big issue, something that was a little weird in NGSís weapon upgrades was that the only why that you could ever use an upgraded War Hammer as Rachel was to upgrade it when Ryu has the weapon,

With NG2 the weapon upgrade system stayed the same the only difference was that the level cap was removed allowing you to upgrade any weapon at any time to any level along as you had the essence to pay for it, and the weapon in your possession to upgrade,

I think this was the perfect upgrade system, it didnít restrict the player and offered freedom to the player to either stick with one weapon, where in which the player will concentrate all their essences on upgrading a weapon that they are most comfortable with or experiment with all the weapons, in this situation the player would spend essences upgrading a different weapon each time,

The more aggressive style off NG2 also meant that you would have to keep upgrading you weapons and things like the rebounding health meant that less essence where spent on buying healing items. So even without harvesting a player would have enough essences to move forward in upgrading without being to excessive.

NGS2ís upgrade system was one of the worst things about the game, and was completely unnecessary.
The way things worked in NGS2 was that you could only upgrade a weapon at specific Muramas statues, the ones with a blue light, these would usually appear once per chapter.
Now the thing that is most annoying about this is that if you happen to miss a blue light statue then you would have to wait till the next chapter for a chance to upgrade a weapon, and what just adds to the frustration is that you can only upgrade one weapon per blue light statue which means that your down one upgrade throughout the entire game which in turn can result to finishing the game without having upgraded all your weapons to level 3, now this in its self is not a problem if you donít use all the weapons.

The level cap has also been brought back to the weapons stopping you from maxing out a weapon until you get halfway through the game, like i mentioned this wasnít a massive issue in NG/B because it fitted around the game, but in NGS2 it being forced to fit around NG2ís game style and doesnít work, also when your half way in NG/B you would have gained a number of Ryuís weapon but in NGS2 halfway through and youíve near enough gained all of Ryuís arsenal which i found meant that i was just sitting on weapons and not using them because they were too week,

for example on my first play through of the game i had missed an upgrade statue so at chapter 10 where the level cap is removed, i had the Eclipse Scythe at lvl.1 and other weapons at lvl.2 now i was faced with the decision of either upgrading the Scythe to lvl.2 or upgrading one off the other weapons to lvl.3, i went with upgrading the Kusari-gama to lvl.3 and found myself not using the Scythe until a number of chapters later, because it was to week i kept using my lvl.3 weapons and lvl.2 weapons,

another thing changed with the upgrades system was that its now free to upgrade, this i really didnít like because essence are meant to be spent on items and upgrading, so the weapon upgrades being free just makes yellow essences useless, on my first play through of the game on warrior i didnít buy a single item form the shop, because there was no need to.

The next NG needs to go back to the NG2 weapon upgrade system.

Last edited by mohsin117 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow essence IS used to buy items. Its only the weapons you cant do anything about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: