ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

mohsin117 - NG blogs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some house cleaning. Debates are fine. Be more tactful with your responses, guys.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
Is staying out of the thread playing nice? I like a lot of the thoughts in this topic but care not to share my thoughts.

O donít say that, im not out here to change any ones opinion, itís sort of why the whole thing was originally a blog,
but i posted it here knowing full well that it would create some controversy

and i have to say that id rather have my opinions torn to shreds here at the fortress where people know about NG then on another site where the end result would probably be a console war

i think i have made some good point and obviously people are not going to agree with me on everything and if they can provide a valid point id love to debate my point against thereís, even if we would never get anywhere in the end

and letís face it everything we say in these threads are our opinions and thing that we have come to conclude our self
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
Is staying out of the thread playing nice? I like a lot of the thoughts in this topic but care not to share my thoughts.

Thats something I asked myself countless times now, since the Sigma 2 release. Whenever you give valid points defending the changes its just not right or something else.

Team Ninja gave me a lot of confirmation with the changes they introduced with Sigma 2. Things like the charging with the projectiles just "kills" iconic weapons like Ryu's DS as well and I'm glad Team Ninja cares about such things. Sigma 2 and its changes are not 100% perfect. But I prefer most of the design choices (mist, new bosses, an actual oversight during fights, besides some crazy mission always fair chances when it comes to player vs enemy etc.).

Everyday I see new people playing this game online and they just having fun playing a good game.

@moshin

instead of bringing back old stuff I would prefer new things. Things like having a selection for different ultimate ninpos. A healing ninpo or a ninpo which increases the attack strength or the defense of both players. Or what about having some kind of tag moves (like DOA) which can be used during certain stuns from bosses both players can inflict great damage on them. Or coop attacks.

Just some ideas of mine for improving the coop aspect and making this mode even more interesting because it is actually the biggest feature in Sigma 2. Okay, we will never see coop attacks in Sigma 2 but things like some new easy to add stuff should be possible.

Why wasting your creativity if you cant change anything now. I say this in a respectful manner. So I hope you're not getting me wrong.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
instead of bringing back old stuff I would prefer new things

my problem with not bringing back old stuff is NGS2 in the whole, they brought the new stuff but dropped the old stuff, and like i already mentioned what are they going to regard as ďold stuffĒ when it comes to NG3, everything i mentioned like the projectiles fit in to NGS2 without clashing with any of the new content, and its general proration for thing to get better as they go along,

for example the bow in NG1 you could just shoot then in NGS the addition of the ability to jump and shoot was added, and then came NG2 which added UTs whilst keeping features from the past bows, and with NGS2 what should have been was keeping everything from past NGs and just adding to it,

and the NGS2 bow seems to have more things done to it (moving and shooting, lock on, bow mapped to its own button) things that only make me think that they want you to use the bow even more which just make your comment about them wanting you to use the melee weapons more than the bow somewhat odd

i will be getting to things that i would like to see in the future NGs in good time, so far these 3 blogs and the one im currently working on are things that should have been in NGS2 IMO

Female Tengu wrote:
Why wasting your creativity if you cant change anything now

First im not offended,

ok now just cos we canít change things doesnít mean we canít discuss them, but as far as im concerned posting opinions on the fortress has more of a chance of making a change then me discussing it with my friend,

and isnít discussing what we like and donít like, what we want to see and what we want to chang the whole idea of a fan forum such as the fortress?

and any way who says things canít be changed, the most resent example i can think of would be MK vs DC there the community came out and said they wanted fatalities and they got it, o and then thereís Assassins Creed, come to think of it ever game that has a sequel takes on the opinions of it s fans

so i completely disagree with that comment especially considering this is a fan forum for NG and the way i got to this site was through the official TECMO site

now i donít want Team NINJA to release a patch for NGS2 adding everything i mentioned, just like i donít want them to release DLC for NG2 with NGS2ís content, whatís done is done, and everything i v said is what i would have wanted in NGS2 and hopefully what will happen in NG3

and aging i will be getting to my ideas of what id like to see in future NGs
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ mohsin

Not posting is nothing to do with offending anybody. You bring up some very interesting points. I agree with you in parts. While I think Sigma 2 is better it isn't perfect.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my opinion then. I agree with you on the life upgrades and projectiles mohsin. Not to mention the weapon upgrades. These were all added in NG2 to make it easier and give it more freedom. I loved saving health expansions for bosses because on this they heal you as well so they work very well. The weapon upgrades though don't really seem to affect much upon playing the game because apart from adding abilities to some weapons just don't upgrade much on higher levels in this.

As for projectiles they should have stayed. But Hayashi has said this is a learning expirience for them.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting more than slightly annoyed at all the deleting I'm having to do. Seriously guys, grow up. If you want to argue, don't do it on the forums. PM, beat each other up in DoA, or ignore each other, I don't care. Just stop doing it here.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasnít planning on posting this blog now i wanted to add some stuff about the weapons upgrade system, but i decided to give that itís own post

this has also been added to the opening post

The melee weapons in NG is something i have no fault with, especially in NG2/NGS2, i remember with the original NGs (NG/B/S) the weapons where perfect right from then but there where situations where some weapons became somewhat obsolete, take for example the Nunchucks a very dissent weapon but when you gained the Vigoorian Flail there was no need for the Nunchucks and really no reason to go back and use them, and thatís the same for the War Hammer when you get the Dabilahro the War Hammer becomes useless

In NG2 we got a number of new weapons and the best thing is that they were all different and NGS2 did a great job of increasing the number of weapons and at the same time still keeping them fresh in regard to the weapons already existing in NG2 ,

One of the things i love most about NG is the fact that a specific weapon can be completely useless in the hands of one player but the same weapon put in to the hands of another player can be lethal,
For me itís the Tonfa i just canít get use to them, but those same Tonfa just piles up in the kills for my friend,
also the fact that a weapon that you would get very early on in the game is just as strong at the end of the game, and things like weapons being so versatile that you could play the entire game with just one of them, just add to how awesome the arsenal in NG is and its defiantly something we donít often see in other game

now im going to be really picky here and mention some very minor dislikes,
the first of which is the look of the Dragonís Claw and Tigerís Fang (DCTF), now donít get me wrong it looks really good, but something i really like about the weapons in NG is when you upgrade them the weapon upgrades in visuals as well, now this could involve changes in colour, the adding off spikes and jagged edges and increases in the size of the weapon, all which comes together to show that the weapon has been upgraded and it makes the weapons look more power fuller.

The DCTF is the only weapon in NG2/NGS2 that doesnít change in visuals, so id like to see them gain a visual upgrade in the next NG, this doesnít have to be immensely drastic changes, id be happy with little touches like at lvl.1 they look like 2 normal swords, and then at lvl.2 the tassels are added and maybe a few more metal bits added to the sheaths and then at lvl.3 the tassels are lengthened and some engravings are added to the blades,
You could always go all out and have the blades grow in length as they upgraded and have engravings on the sheath and blades, and maybe even have the tassels joined together by lvl.3 you could even go as far as having models of a tigerís head on the hilt of one sward and a dragonís head on the hilt of the other and have the blades coming out from their mouths, these are just ideas and im positive Team NINJA can come up with better ones

My second dislike with NG2/NGS2ís weapons is that the Blade of the Arch Fiend wasnít a its own weapon which as a little bit off a letdown but i have to say it was very cool welding the True Dragon Sword and the Blade of the Arch Fiend together even if they did just replace the DCTFs

I would love to see some of the old melee weapons from the original make a comeback to NG, im not trying to say that Team NINJA should bring the old weapons back for NG3 and not add any new weapon, what im saying is i think it would be great fan service bringing some of the old weapons back and have them as unlockables to be gained out side of the single player mode, cos i would much prefer getting a weapon for completing Team Missions then a costume,
If some of the older weapons are brought back they would have to be updated, like i already mentioned i love the fact that none of the weapons in NG2/NGS2 are similar and with bringing back a weapons thereís a chance that two weapons will end up felling the same, like the Dabilahro and Enmaís Fang

Weapons id lie to see make a return are
the Nunchucks with 3 levels of upgrades and an adjusted move set so it doesnít feel like the Vigoorian Flail, the Dabilahro again with an adjusted move set and the Kitetsu with visual changes when upgrading and id also say that it should be the uncured NGS Kitetsu because i think that the original Kitetsu which drained your life would be a little odd when compared to the other weapons and it would clash with the rebounding health bar, so i think the NGs Kitetsu would be the best idea

i noticed with the new weapons added in NGS2 Enmaís Fang, Fuma Kodachi, Heavenly Dragon Naginata and Inferno Hammer all seem to have the added ability of being able to throw up the larger enemies in to the air, Team NINJA would probably end up adding this to all the weapons but im going to say it any way , this needs to be added to all the weapons

something that goes without saying is that the girls need more weapons

In NGS2 Momiji has a double jump which i really liked but i would have loved for Ryu to have a double jump as well, i can understand that they gave the double jump ability only to Momiji so she would be different from the other characters but i still think it was an ability that would have worked allot better with Ryu, not saying that they should take it from

Momiji and give it to Ryu they should just add the ability to Ryu or even all the character because it just opens up more ways for combat and even plat forming, i love the fact that Momiji can do an air UT and that what i really want to see Ryu do, imagine Ryu dung an air UT with the Scythe or even setting off a ninpo in mid air

like i said it could open way for more attacks and plat forming, some tithing else that id like to see with the weapons thatís to do with plat forming is the Flaying Swallo, i want to see this added to every weapon, i remember in NG the Flaying Swallo was used for plat forming like in the military bas to get the Golden Scarab, and i still use in NG2/NGS2 for plat forming, like in situations where there is a pole to swing on ill just miss the poll and Flaying Swallo to the other side

something that Hayashi said would be in NGS2 was the Izuna Drop for all that weapons, this never did happen but i do hope to see it come through in the future, and Ryu should be able to perform it with any weapons at any level, because it is his signature mover and in DOA we see his performing it with no weapons

i noticed in Rachelís move list that see has specific attacks that incorporate her gun, and i really liked this, Ruy can incorporate his Standard Shurikens in to his attacks but he doesnít have any but he doesnít have any specific moves for this like Rachel, if Team NINJA where to the same with Ryu like they did with Rachel i wouldnít have a problem with it but what i would say is that it should only be done with Ryuís Standard Shurikens,

something that i fell Team NINJA would have to do sooner or later with NGís weapons/combat system is add a live quick switch feature for the weapons,

currently weapons can only be changed by using the quick select menu or the inventory in the pause menu, the down fall of using the inventory or the quick menu is that it pause the game breaking that fast pace feel so id say to get around this they should add a weapon switch button that will allow a player to switch between two of their chosen weapons at the press of a button, this would pause the game and should give the player a new a ability to change the weapon in the middle of a fight or even in the middle of a combo sequence,
and this is something that is combing about in other games of the same type

i donít think this would be a problem for NGís combat system because i mean i already switch weapon using the quick menu during mid fight

Last edited by mohsin117 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that not getting to wield the Blade of the Archfiend by itself was a wise move. There would be too much overlap with the DS, most likely. Kitetsu and the Dragon Sword from NG/B/S has show us that. Not to say that they couldn't make a completely different feeling sword...just there's no real reason to. Also, I think that Enma's Fang is much more fun to use than Dabilahro was, with the exception of the UT which was transferred to Rachel for some reason.

I'd also like to mention that I agree with you that all of the new weapons felt different from one another, unlike in NG/B/S. The Scythe, Talons, Kusari-gama, and Tonfa are probably the standouts for the whole series as far as unique weapons go.

Great posts, by the way. I disagree with some things, but these are your blogs, after all. They're meant for discussion. Good stuff.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayane can launch heavy enemies with her daggers? Shocked

Strange thing is that the girls can launch certain enemies but cant "izuna" them....unlike Ryu. The centipedes for example, the swimming snake like fiends. Ryu can Izuna them but none of the girls can. Its just a half-izuna Laughing

I think lifting heavy enemies by just one weapon was a good idea. It makes this weapon special. Such as the kusari game, its a very throw based weapon, makes it use- and powerful against smaller enemies. Even the health boosted IS ninjas are no danger if you can master the weapon and its throws (forced delimbing).

Quote:
the first of which is the look of the Dragonís Claw and Tigerís Fang (DCTF), now donít get me wrong it looks really good, but something i really like about the weapons in NG is when you upgrade them the weapon upgrades in visuals as well, now this could involve changes in colour, the adding off spikes and jagged edges and increases in the size of the weapon, all which comes together to show that the weapon has been upgraded and it makes the weapons look more power fuller.

totally agreeing with you here. Ok, letting the DS transform into a beast wouldn't be the best solution. But having a better looking case for the sword, or a cool looking pattern on the blade (the pattern on the BOTA in this genshin cutscene, where he gives Ryu the sword, looks awesome just as the whole sword) would be very nice.

I would also love to see an animation for the Falcon Claws. When Ryu starts walking it looks very dangerous cauz he almost cuts his head off Laughing The claws should retract into the gloves if Ryu walks or just stands still (of course with a cool sound Wink ).
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought id post this and see what you guys thing,
Im usually the OP for the Official Ninja Gaiden ∑ 2 Thread over at gametrailers.com, and since the 5th tread iv been adding polls

The one id like you thoughts on it the 3rd poll under the title ďOfficial Ninja Gaiden ∑ 2 Thread (v.7) Rice Cake Addition (the thread was named after Muramasa because he won the last poll)

the question was What Weapon Should Return to Ninja Gaiden?

Something to note the options for the WS and the IS where added after about 70+ votes had already been placed, so just disregard them 2 options

The current poll for the Official Ninja Gaiden ∑ 2 Thread over at gametrailers.com is ďwhat do you want to see as DLC?Ē and can bee seen here:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/blade-of-the-dragon-s-scale-ed/972791
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way Rachel is the lowest voted. Laughing
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel would be a much more solid character if she used a different, more modest default costume and had not had the slimy tentacle monster scene from the first game. Take away those two things and she fits the mold set for nearly all DoA Universe females. That being said, Momiji being first followed by Ayane is exactly how I'd vote. That weapon poll sure is interesting, though...
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some things i missed off of the ďMELEE WEAPONSĒ post

In NGS2 Momiji has a double jump which i really liked but i would have loved for Ryu to have a double jump as well, i can understand that they gave the double jump ability only to Momiji so she would be different from the other characters but i still think it was an ability that would have worked allot better with Ryu, not saying that they should take it from

Momiji and give it to Ryu they should just add the ability to Ryu or even all the character because it just opens up more ways for combat and even plat forming, i love the fact that Momiji can do an air UT and that what i really want to see Ryu do, imagine Ryu dung an air UT with the Scythe or even setting off a ninpo in mid air

like i said it could open way for more attacks and plat forming, some tithing else that id like to see with the weapons thatís to do with plat forming is the Flaying Swallo, i want to see this added to every weapon, i remember in NG the Flaying Swallo was used for plat forming like in the military bas to get the Golden Scarab, and i still use in NG2/NGS2 for plat forming, like in situations where there is a pole to swing on ill just miss the poll and Flaying Swallo to the other side

something that Hayashi said would be in NGS2 was the Izuna Drop for all that weapons, this never did happen but i do hope to see it come through in the future, and Ryu should be able to perform it with any weapons at any level, because it is his signature mover and in DOA we see his performing it with no weapons

i noticed in Rachelís move list that see has specific attacks that incorporate her gun, and i really liked this, Ruy can incorporate his Standard Shurikens in to his attacks but he doesnít have any but he doesnít have any specific moves for this like Rachel, if Team NINJA where to the same with Ryu like they did with Rachel i wouldnít have a problem with it but what i would say is that it should only be done with Ryuís Standard Shurikens,

something that i fell Team NINJA would have to do sooner or later with NGís weapons/combat system is add a live quick switch feature for the weapons,

currently weapons can only be changed by using the quick select menu or the inventory in the pause menu, the down fall of using the inventory or the quick menu is that it pause the game breaking that fast pace feel so id say to get around this they should add a weapon switch button that will allow a player to switch between two of their chosen weapons at the press of a button, this would pause the game and should give the player a new a ability to change the weapon in the middle of a fight or even in the middle of a combo sequence,
and this is something that is combing about in other games of the same type

i donít think this would be a problem for NGís combat system because i mean i already switch weapon using the quick menu during mid fight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good ideas in your blog topic, mohsin. While I don't agree with every single thing you have stated, I do agree with 90% of what you originally wrote.

Thanks for actually taking the time to think all this through and sharing your ideas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: