ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

mohsin117 - NG blogs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: mohsin117 - NG blogs Reply with quote

First the obvious and controversial stuff the bloods missing which Iím not happy about, I know thereís still is blood to the level of NGS but I want NG2 blood, I miss the floors walls and even the ceiling being covered with blood, but thatís not the worst thing lack of blood i can live with but disappearing limbs is massively disappointing enemy arms, legs and heads come off but you never see them, even when you cut a guy in half his top half disappears leaving just his groin, this is most disappointing at the end off a fight when you just see the torsos off enemies which have black holes for open wounds instead off the blood soaked ever arm and leg counted for along with heads rolling around which you see at the end of a fight in NG2. And the blood in NGS2 looks like jam (jelly).

But at least there still is dismemberment in the game but that canít be said for the cut scene, there are no dismemberment what so ever in the cut scenes I remember in NG2 there in 2 of the cut scenes Ryu cuts the enemy in half vertically down the middle, now the cut scenes remain from NG2 but all the decapitation has been taken out enemies just seem to fall to the floor with out a scratch or even mist to be seen and thereís no blood on Ryuís sword, the lake of dismemberment is felt heavily in Muramasas cut scene where he meet Ryu on the mountain.

As for the mist I am a fan of the mist what Iím not a fan off is the mist replacing NG2ís blood, I really want to see both the mist and the blood at the level of NG2 together, the only other issue I have with the mist is that itís purple for enemies with red blood.

I would like to see the mist change according to weapon, youíll notice that when you charge a UT every weapon changes with a different colour and i think that colour should be the colour of the mist.

example:
Dragon sword = Blue mist
Tonfa = Green mist
Vigoorian Flail = white mist
Lunar staff = purple mist

I think this makes thing more personal and more rewarding in a way because your effecting the colour of the mist by the weapon you choose, and also i think that this could work well in co-op thereís been times when i played co-op where both me and my partner have been attacking the same enemy or attacking enemies that are grouped together and limbs have been cut off and we see the mist now we donít know which one of us cut off the limb, so if the mist was different colour for every weapon, then we would have known instantly who cut off a limb.

example:
One player has the Dragon Sword equipped and the other has the Lunar Staff and both players are attacking one enemy and we see purple mist, then you would know instantly that it was the lunar staff that cut of a limb.

Iím also aware that there are weapons that have the same colour UT charge such as the Lunar Staff and the Eclipse Scythe and also there are weapons that have the red UT charge which is fine.

There were a number of things changed with NGS2 compared to NG2 and a number of them where very unnecessary, such a s the projectiles the Windmill Shuriken and the Incendiary Shuriken are both missing despite being in NG, NGB, NGS and in NG2 this really baffles me because Team NINJA claim that NGS2 is the definitive version of NG but yet they have things that were in past NGs missing, the Windmill Shuriken has been in NG since the NES so not only have they taken out a weapon in NGS2 theyíve taken out an icon. And then to replace the Shurikens a Ninjaís weapon with a giant slow canon that looks like one of those old fashion pistols you see in pirate movies, i guess that's one point for the pirates.

Also missing with the projectiles is the ability to UT them, this was a really good thing in NG2 you could charge up a arrow to lvl.2 and shoot through an enemy and you could also jump and shoot a number of arrows which also seems to be missing from NGS2 you can only jump and shoot one arrow at time that is unless youíre on a slope then you can shoot more.
But there have been improvements with the projectiles the ability to move and shoot has been added as well as a locking feature when aiming which means you zoom in lock on to an enemy and move wiliest shooting at him which is a very good feature.

And the standard Shurikens are now mapped to a separate button to the other projectiles.
I really want to see the ability to UT the projectiles back i think it would work really well with the feature already in NGS2, Iím mean you canít move when your charging UTs anyway so it shouldnít effect anything.

If the removed projectiles where added and mapped to the trigger like the bow is currently and the ability to UT them is added alongside the ability to jump and shoot the projectiles, then the projectiles in NG would be perfect.

Id also likes to see the standard Shurikens added to the girlís inventory.

Hereís yet another thing that was changed for the worse in NGS2, the life upgrade system, back in NG they way you up graded you health bar was by collecting Life of the Gods (LotG) but they only lengthened the health bar and didnít heal you, in NG2 Life of the Gods not only increased your health but healed you at the same time, now this was a really good thing because healing you is something i expected them to do in the first game, because of what it said in the description,

The ability for the Life of the Gods or a Thousand Gods to heal as well as increase your heath made them the best healing items in the game, but not only that it gave more option to the players, you could choose to upgrade your health when you gain them or chooses to stack them for later use, this meant you could be a lot more tactical and strategic during boss battles,

Now in NGS2 they seem to have gone back to the old method of the LotG not healing you and just increasing the health bar, but an addition has been added to them in the form of activation immediately when you gain them. Now this takes away all freedom from the player, i know for a fact that some player like play through as mush of the game as they can without using any LotG something that was possible in all the other NG games.

The automatic activation not has also been transferred to the Spirit of the Devils (SotD), in NG2 the SotD when activated would not only give you the ability to perform another ninpo attack but would by giving you a additional ninpo tank but would also light a flame in the new tank and would as so light any un lit tanks, again giving the player the ability to be a lot more tactical in how they used gathered items.

The health bar/heads up display in NGS2 is an issue in its self, in all the NG game post 2004 the health bar has displayed what ninpo you have equipped, this is something that appears in one form or another in any game for example in an FPS youíd have a grenade icon in a corner showing what grenade you have equipped, now in NGS2 for some reason they seem to have jumped back to the stone age with the heads up display, there is not icon showing what ninpo you have equipped, now the thing that baffles me about this is that this is something thatís been in the game since NG on the Xbox and it wasnít broken it did exactly what it was meant to do, and what makes this even more stupid is the fact that there seems to be a space for where the an icon representing a ninpo would got and it only makes the game feel unfinished,

Now something more on the visual side is the look of the health bar. Now i have to say thereís nothing wrong with how it looks, it looks like a normal health bar. but in NGS the health bar changed when you switched from Ryu to Rachel which was a nice touch, but in NGS2 a game that comes out 2 years after NGS that touch seems to be missing.
The health bar in NG2 was perfect in my opinion but in NGS2 they have definably gone back, if they had gone back to NGS i wouldnít have had a problem with it but theyíve gone so far back you canít even see NG,

Something that sounded cool when i first heard it was that when you finished Master Ninja mode youíd get a gold health bar, now the reason why i thought it was cool was because i at the time assumed the gold health bar would be the NG2 health bar. i was wrong.

Ryuís health bar in NG1 and NGB, notice that you can he has the Art of the Inferno equipped.

Ryuís health bar in NGS, looking good and still showing what ninpo he has equipped.

Rachelís health bar in NGS, same game different character and a different looking health bar, thatís a nice visual touch right there, and also she has ninpo equipped.

Ryuís health bar in NG2, very cool i especially like the improved ninpo icon

Ryuís health bar in NGS2, a very nice and sleek looking but i wonder what ninpo he has equipped

Rachelís health bar in NGS2, its the same

Ayaneís health bar in NGS2, still the same

Momijiís health bar in NGS2, again still the same

Ryuís Gold health bar in NGS2, well Hayashi did say it was gold, but still wonder what ninpo he has equipped?

The melee weapons in NG is something i have no fault with, especially in NG2/NGS2, i remember with the original NGs (NG/B/S) the weapons where perfect right from then but there where situations where some weapons became somewhat obsolete, take for example the Nunchucks a very dissent weapon but when you gained the Vigoorian Flail there was no need for the Nunchucks and really no reason to go back and use them, and thatís the same for the War Hammer when you get the Dabilahro the War Hammer becomes useless

In NG2 we got a number of new weapons and the best thing is that they were all different and NGS2 did a great job of increasing the number of weapons and at the same time still keeping them fresh in regard to the weapons already existing in NG2 ,

One of the things i love most about NG is the fact that a specific weapon can be completely useless in the hands of one player but the same weapon put in to the hands of another player can be lethal,
For me itís the Tonfa i just canít get use to them, but those same Tonfa just piles up in the kills for my friend,
also the fact that a weapon that you would get very early on in the game is just as strong at the end of the game, and things like weapons being so versatile that you could play the entire game with just one of them, just add to how awesome the arsenal in NG is and its defiantly something we donít often see in other game

now im going to be really picky here and mention some very minor dislikes,
the first of which is the look of the Dragonís Claw and Tigerís Fang (DCTF), now donít get me wrong it looks really good, but something i really like about the weapons in NG is when you upgrade them the weapon upgrades in visuals as well, now this could involve changes in colour, the adding off spikes and jagged edges and increases in the size of the weapon, all which comes together to show that the weapon has been upgraded and it makes the weapons look more power fuller.

The DCTF is the only weapon in NG2/NGS2 that doesnít change in visuals, so id like to see them gain a visual upgrade in the next NG, this doesnít have to be immensely drastic changes, id be happy with little touches like at lvl.1 they look like 2 normal swords, and then at lvl.2 the tassels are added and maybe a few more metal bits added to the sheaths and then at lvl.3 the tassels are lengthened and some engravings are added to the blades,
You could always go all out and have the blades grow in length as they upgraded and have engravings on the sheath and blades, and maybe even have the tassels joined together by lvl.3 you could even go as far as having models of a tigerís head on the hilt of one sward and a dragonís head on the hilt of the other and have the blades coming out from their mouths, these are just ideas and im positive Team NINJA can come up with better ones

My second dislike with NG2/NGS2ís weapons is that the Blade of the Arch Fiend wasnít a its own weapon which as a little bit off a letdown but i have to say it was very cool welding the True Dragon Sword and the Blade of the Arch Fiend together even if they did just replace the DCTFs

I would love to see some of the old melee weapons from the original make a comeback to NG, im not trying to say that Team NINJA should bring the old weapons back for NG3 and not add any new weapon, what im saying is i think it would be great fan service bringing some of the old weapons back and have them as unlockables to be gained out side of the single player mode, cos i would much prefer getting a weapon for completing Team Missions then a costume,
If some of the older weapons are brought back they would have to be updated, like i already mentioned i love the fact that none of the weapons in NG2/NGS2 are similar and with bringing back a weapons thereís a chance that two weapons will end up felling the same, like the Dabilahro and Enmaís Fang

Weapons id lie to see make a return are
the Nunchucks with 3 levels of upgrades and an adjusted move set so it doesnít feel like the Vigoorian Flail, the Dabilahro again with an adjusted move set and the Kitetsu with visual changes when upgrading and id also say that it should be the uncured NGS Kitetsu because i think that the original Kitetsu which drained your life would be a little odd when compared to the other weapons and it would clash with the rebounding health bar, so i think the NGs Kitetsu would be the best idea

i noticed with the new weapons added in NGS2 Enmaís Fang, Fuma Kodachi, Heavenly Dragon Naginata and Inferno Hammer all seem to have the added ability of being able to throw up the larger enemies in to the air, Team NINJA would probably end up adding this to all the weapons but im going to say it any way , this needs to be added to all the weapons

something that goes without saying is that the girls need more weapons

In NGS2 Momiji has a double jump which i really liked but i would have loved for Ryu to have a double jump as well, i can understand that they gave the double jump ability only to Momiji so she would be different from the other characters but i still think it was an ability that would have worked allot better with Ryu, not saying that they should take it from

Momiji and give it to Ryu they should just add the ability to Ryu or even all the character because it just opens up more ways for combat and even plat forming, i love the fact that Momiji can do an air UT and that what i really want to see Ryu do, imagine Ryu dung an air UT with the Scythe or even setting off a ninpo in mid air

like i said it could open way for more attacks and plat forming, some tithing else that id like to see with the weapons thatís to do with plat forming is the Flaying Swallo, i want to see this added to every weapon, i remember in NG the Flaying Swallo was used for plat forming like in the military bas to get the Golden Scarab, and i still use in NG2/NGS2 for plat forming, like in situations where there is a pole to swing on ill just miss the poll and Flaying Swallo to the other side

something that Hayashi said would be in NGS2 was the Izuna Drop for all that weapons, this never did happen but i do hope to see it come through in the future, and Ryu should be able to perform it with any weapons at any level, because it is his signature mover and in DOA we see his performing it with no weapons

i noticed in Rachelís move list that see has specific attacks that incorporate her gun, and i really liked this, Ruy can incorporate his Standard Shurikens in to his attacks but he doesnít have any but he doesnít have any specific moves for this like Rachel, if Team NINJA where to the same with Ryu like they did with Rachel i wouldnít have a problem with it but what i would say is that it should only be done with Ryuís Standard Shurikens,

a number of the weapon donít also have 360 UT, i think thatís also something they should consider adding to all the weapons, 360 UTs can usually be executed without any enemies, this can actually be used tactically like in a situations where Archers are firing at you and enemies are approaching you could charge up the 360 UT and release it before enemies get close to you and let it go to get a few hits on the enemies that are approaching and avoid archer fire all that the same time, im aware that the normal UT for some weapons such as the Kusari-gama and Eclipse Scythe release their UTís without any enemies presence which i think is fine,

something that i fell Team NINJA would have to do sooner or later with NGís weapons/combat system is add a live quick switch feature for the weapons,

currently weapons can only be changed by using the quick select menu or the inventory in the pause menu, the down fall of using the inventory or the quick menu is that it pause the game breaking that fast pace feel so id say to get around this they should add a weapon switch button that will allow a player to switch between two of their chosen weapons at the press of a button, this would pause the game and should give the player a new a ability to change the weapon in the middle of a fight or even in the middle of a combo sequence,
and this is something that is combing about in other games of the same type

i donít think this would be a problem for NGís combat system because i mean i already switch weapon using the quick menu during mid fight

I found the sole purpose of the new weapon upgrade system in NGS2 to be just a big annoyance,

I should start with how the original NGs did weapon upgrades, back with the original NGs the way you would upgrade the weapons was by killing enemies and collecting essences and then spending them at any Muramas shop to upgrade weapons, but the game didnít allow you to max out the weapons until half way in to the game, now this wasnít a massive issue with the NG/NGB because the upgrade system was built for around the game, factors such as a low enemy count meant that you wouldnít have enough essence to upgrade a weapon in one sitting unless you harvested, and no rebounding health resulted in spending more money on health items, and then thereís the fact that the first part of the game you only had the Dragon Sword, and by the time you had burned through the level 2 attack list you where near enough half way through the game,

In NGS more weapons where added but the pacing of the game still meant that the cap stopping you from upgrading to level 3 wasnít a big issue, something that was a little weird in NGSís weapon upgrades was that the only why that you could ever use an upgraded War Hammer as Rachel was to upgrade it when Ryu has the weapon,

With NG2 the weapon upgrade system stayed the same the only difference was that the level cap was removed allowing you to upgrade any weapon at any time to any level along as you had the essence to pay for it, and the weapon in your possession to upgrade,

I think this was the perfect upgrade system, it didnít restrict the player and offered freedom to the player to either stick with one weapon, where in which the player will concentrate all their essences on upgrading a weapon that they are most comfortable with or experiment with all the weapons, in this situation the player would spend essences upgrading a different weapon each time,

The more aggressive style off NG2 also meant that you would have to keep upgrading you weapons and things like the rebounding health meant that less essence where spent on buying healing items. So even without harvesting a player would have enough essences to move forward in upgrading without being to excessive.

NGS2ís upgrade system was one of the worst things about the game, and was completely unnecessary.
The way things worked in NGS2 was that you could only upgrade a weapon at specific Muramas statues, the ones with a blue light, these would usually appear once per chapter.
Now the thing that is most annoying about this is that if you happen to miss a blue light statue then you would have to wait till the next chapter for a chance to upgrade a weapon, and what just adds to the frustration is that you can only upgrade one weapon per blue light statue which means that your down one upgrade throughout the entire game which in turn can result to finishing the game without having upgraded all your weapons to level 3, now this in its self is not a problem if you donít use all the weapons.

The level cap has also been brought back to the weapons stopping you from maxing out a weapon until you get halfway through the game, like i mentioned this wasnít a massive issue in NG/B because it fitted around the game, but in NGS2 it being forced to fit around NG2ís game style and doesnít work, also when your half way in NG/B you would have gained a number of Ryuís weapon but in NGS2 halfway through and youíve near enough gained all of Ryuís arsenal which i found meant that i was just sitting on weapons and not using them because they were too week,

for example on my first play through of the game i had missed an upgrade statue so at chapter 10 where the level cap is removed, i had the Eclipse Scythe at lvl.1 and other weapons at lvl.2 now i was faced with the decision of either upgrading the Scythe to lvl.2 or upgrading one off the other weapons to lvl.3, i went with upgrading the Kusari-gama to lvl.3 and found myself not using the Scythe until a number of chapters later, because it was to week i kept using my lvl.3 weapons and lvl.2 weapons,

another thing changed with the upgrades system was that its now free to upgrade, this i really didnít like because essence are meant to be spent on items and upgrading, so the weapon upgrades being free just makes yellow essences useless, on my first play through of the game on warrior i didnít buy a single item form the shop, because there was no need to.

The next NG needs to go back to the NG2 weapon upgrade system.

Last edited by mohsin117 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:47 pm; edited 7 times in total
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Cyber or Sath or any other mod could delete this post id be thank full
iv moved the post that was originally in here in to the opening post

Last edited by mohsin117 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Cyber or Sath or any other mod could delete this post id be thank full
iv moved the post that was originally in here in to the opening post

Last edited by mohsin117 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good points. Why did they leave out the ninpo indicator? Like the WS and IS, perhaps these were all missing due to a dumb oversight. Don't know
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some odd points if you ask me.

Bloooooooooooooooooood:
The blood story is *yawn* old crap. It's not important and its not even worth a story if you ask me. It was just there to attract people and it was the lamest excuse for the whole design of a NG game I've ever seen in my life, and look, unfortunateley it worked.......as always, because gamers are nothing less than just humans. The blood not just covered the whole screen in NG2, it also covers missing things like the traditionell Mission Mode which was always part of the game since NG Black. DLC does not count.

You're fan of the mist and blood. Well, I'm a fan of game content combined with things like mist or blood.

Healthbar:
The healthbar was designed for coop gameplay, a 2 in 1 healthbar if you want. Adding different healthbars for just one chapter for a charakter in the story would be nice but also introduces other problems. People would expect to see these healthbars during online play but with different looking bars the HUD would show 2 bars covering the whole upper screen and makes it even more different to see something. And a combination of them would probably the more ugly solution.
The healthbar now has a more clean but also stylish and fresh look, silver and blue looks very good if you ask me and it fits perfectly the Sigma 2 concept.
The only thing which annoys me, and I agree with this, that you cant see which ninpo is currently equipped. This jewel thing there currently acts as big flashing your-partner-is-about-to-die-O-Meter Laughing (unneccesary, because even the background music changes, so you will always know when your partner dies..or not ^^)

I also like this flashing at the end of your current health, inspired by DOA4.

The projectile story:
Charging projectiles was one thing I'll never understand in NG2 (why I have to charge the bow during the archfiends first form? O.o). In exchange we've got the howling cannon which is strong but not that overpowered than the bow from SIGMA 2 was. Charging the bow was just useless, time consuming and only opened the way for cheap instant kills, it ruined the combat system in many ways if you ask me. Why dodging if the enemy cant even come close to you. Why using the mighty dragonsword, when a bow can kill MUCH faster (NG2 design and its "highlights")?
Or another example with the WS. Just sitting there, charging the windmill shuriken and killing 4 or more enemies in a row.....Wow, what a deeeeeep combat system here we have. I cant understand someone who's defending such overpowered crap in NG2 destroying the core basisc of the game with everytime you're using these weapons. Just another example that Itagaki ran out of ideas for NG2 as I mentioned in the other thread before.

Sorry guys, it was just cheap, just as the whole higher difficults in NG2. And I'm glad they changed it to bring back some real combat, NG1 style at its best.

Taking out the WS was ok, in my eyes. It was only useful if you charged this thing and then it was too strong in such situations. And on the other side it was useless against flying far away enemies.

Since Ryu now has ifinite ammo an IS would be a little bit too powerful for Ryus arsenal as well (Ayane is the owner of the weapon now and its damn useful). I mean, they haven't took out anything without giving us in exchange. And with a little bit of thinking its not too hard to find out WHY they did it.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"because its steel". Wow, seriously, stop with that nonsense. You're talking about ninja style and suddenly you're defending the scythe because it's such a CLASSIC ninja weapon. Oh yeah. I'm not talking about the canon its optic, its indeed awful. I'm talking about the gameplay. And there was just no skill in "when you stop charging" blah blah and more blah. Quick charging the bow is no skill at all. The only moments knowing when to stop firing with a weapon is in Sigma 2 during the usage of the howling gun cauz of its terrible stun. THAT's skill my friend. The bow never stunned you in NG2. Charging the bow is just as overpowered as Rachels gun in Sigma 2 which should be fixed.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Some odd points if you ask me.

Are you serious, im not one to be bigheaded but in think i made some good points here, and iv just read your comment and behold some odd points

Female Tengu wrote:
The blood story is *yawn* old crap.

No crap, its old crap, itís the first issue that came up with NGS2, and and thatís why itís first thing im talking about to get it out the way

Female Tengu wrote:
It's not important and itís not even worth a story if you ask me.

If it wasnít important why are we arguing about it, if itís not important why is it still the most controversial issue,

Female Tengu wrote:
It was just there to attract people and it was the

And it did a great job, and i canít see why having more people playing NG even if it is just for the blood is a bad thing, and the boobs in NGS2 where there just to attract people, so imagine having both imagine the amount of people playing it then

Female Tengu wrote:
lamest excuse for the whole design of a NG game I've ever seen in my life,

I donít agree and i say the same about the boobs in NGS2

Female Tengu wrote:
unfortunateley it worked.......as always

Why is that unfortunate, we have more people playing NG why is that bad thing,
They came for the blood and hopefully stay for the game, just like in NNS2 they came for the boobs and hopefully stay for the game

Female Tengu wrote:
The blood not just covered the whole screen in NG2

And it looked wonderful IMO

Female Tengu wrote:
it also covers missing things like the traditionell Mission Mode which was always part of the game since NG Black. DLC does not count.

I donít think they choose to take the blood over the missions, but if they did its a vey bad mistake, but this part of the blog is called ďBLOOD & MISTĒ so i donít want to be touching to much on the content but i will be come in g to it soon

Female Tengu wrote:
You're fan of the mist and blood. Well, I'm a fan of game content combined with things like mist or blood.

Again this is blog is about the blood not the content and iv mentioned before on the is site that id take content over the blood, i will be cong the n good time

Female Tengu wrote:
The healthbar was designed for coop gameplay

Very odd considering that the co-op was not meant to be the focus of the game, and i canít see why they canít have one health bar for single player and a different one for multiplayer,

Female Tengu wrote:
a 2 in 1 healthbar if you want

Why are thy dumping down the single player for the multiplayer, a part of the game that isnít the focus of NGS2, weíve seen things that have been changed from the single player for the multiplayer in other game,

Female Tengu wrote:
Adding different healthbars for just one chapter for a charakter in the story would be nice

It is nice and they already done it in past games

Female Tengu wrote:
but also introduces other problems

No it doesnít

Female Tengu wrote:
People would expect to see these healthbars during online play

Thatís true, i would expect to see them in online play,

Female Tengu wrote:
but with different looking bars the HUD would show 2 bars covering the whole upper screen

The NGS2 online hud doesnít cover the whole upper screen and its already doing what im wanting it to do but itís just doing it the same for all the characters, i want it to be different for each character

Female Tengu wrote:
and makes it even more different to see something. And a combination of them would probably the more ugly solution

A costume health bar has to take up the exact same space as the current online health bar,
Behold my crazy Photoshop skills

Im playing co-op as Ryu guess what ninpo i have equipped

Im playing co-op as Rachel,

Now i like these ones above but thereís always something on this line

i actualy like this one, i think iv done a good jop here

These one show what character im playing as and what character my partner is playing as and what ninpos we both have equipped none of which the NGS2 health bar dose, and like i said they just have to take as much space as the current one,
I missed out the ninpo tanks cos even my Photoshop skills have a limit but the current ones are perfect as they are so they can stay

Female Tengu wrote:
why I have to charge the bow during the archfiends first form?

This i agree with it was annoying, but how can you blame that on the bow or the projectile UT,
This is a design fault with the boss and was fixed in NGS2,

Female Tengu wrote:
In exchange we've got the howling cannon which is strong but not that overpowered than the bow from SIGMA 2 was.

The howling cannon was the biggest piece of crap to be ever added to NG, it brakes every projectile rule in NG, its heave you canít jump and use it and its slow, the NG2 bow was just as fast as the NGS2 bow, the UT is like any UT in NG you leave yourself open for a bit and in retune you get a stronger attack, itís the way UTs work

Female Tengu wrote:
Charging the bow was just useless time consuming and only opened the way for cheap instant kills

Why was it useless, did the waiting not pay off, did you not get a stronger attack, and as for opening the way for cheap instant kills thatís the same for any UT, you leave yourself open and in retune you get a stronger attack

You seem to have a problem more with UTs than the bow

Female Tengu wrote:
it ruined the combat system in many ways if you ask me

UT projectile capability in NGS2 would affect absolutely nothing it only deepens the combat by adding 3 levels for attack to a weapon that would only have 1 level of attack, and letís not forget apart from the specific areas you never have to use any projectile never mind the bow or projectile UTs

The bow in NGS2 should have included everything from NG2 and everything in NGS2

Female Tengu wrote:
Why dodging if the enemy cant even come close to you. Why using the mighty dragonsword, when a bow can kill MUCH faster (NG2 design and its "highlights")?

If thatís how you play the game itís your problem, cos itís not how i play it or use the bow

Female Tengu wrote:
Just sitting there, charging the windmill shuriken and killing 4 or more enemies in a row.....Wow, what a deeeeeep combat system

You just described a UT right there, and thats exactly the same for melee weapons,
Just sitting there, charging the True Dragon Sword and getting 3 or more enemies in a row .....Wow, what a deeeeeep combat system
Now it seems like you just have a problem with NG

Female Tengu wrote:
I cant understand someone who's defending such overpowered crap in NG2

I cant understand someone who's defending the loss of weapons and an iconic one too as well as the loss of abilities and optional abilities i might add abilities that you never have to use if you donít want to

Female Tengu wrote:
destroying the core basisc of the game with everytime you're using these weapons.

The core game play of NG has never changed

Female Tengu wrote:
Just another example that Itagaki ran out of ideas for NG2

If NG2 was running out of idieas what was NGS2? And again this comment make it seem like you have a problem with NG in general, the lack of innovation in NG2 or even NGB, NGS and NGS2 is just a testament to how good the first game was, and not a bad thing,
and ill also like to add this has nothing to do with Hayashi and Itagaki

Female Tengu wrote:
it was just cheap, just as the whole higher difficults in NG2

What was cheap was taking out content that was already in the game

Female Tengu wrote:
And I'm glad they changed it to bring back some real combat, NG1 style at its best.

You said a lot about the multiplayer (in other posts) NG1 didnít have that, and like iv said the core NG has always been the same

Female Tengu wrote:
It was only useful if you charged this thing and then it was too strong in such situations

If overpowering is an issue it needs to be fixed not got rid of

Female Tengu wrote:
it was useless against flying far away enemies.

Just like the standard S and I donít thing distant enemies is what the WMS is for

Female Tengu wrote:
Since Ryu now has ifinite ammo an IS would be a little bit too powerful for Ryus arsenal

Just cos the bow has infinite ammo doesnít mean the IS need infinite ammo, and thereís always the option for balancing just like with Ayane

Female Tengu wrote:
I mean, they haven't took out anything without giving us in exchange

This might be true but why?
Whatís going to happen in the next NG, take out decapitations for more characters, take out weapons for multiplayer?
There was no need to remover content to add content

Female Tengu wrote:
And with a little bit of thinking its not too hard to find out WHY they did it.

Now thatís just offending me
I havenít done all this just for the fun of it, it to be used in class and ive put thought in to it and itís not like im not a fan of the series and talking about what i donít know about

Last edited by mohsin117 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you try to imply that there's skill in using the canon? You're looking for skill everywhere. The bug with SOL - it's still skill. The bug with Rachel's spin - skill once again. The lame auto-locking canon - skill.

The real skill was in charging the bow. Fight with the Archfiend on mentor and master ninja in NG2. That is skill. Winning this is Sigma 2 where you have no charging, auto-locking and limitless arrows is laughably easy, especially since they've made that orb his weak point.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, rather than just scrub this thread, I'm going to ask everyone to play nice. Once. It's one thing to debate, another to mix insults and a touch of animosity with it all.

No warnings from here on out.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is staying out of the thread playing nice? I like a lot of the thoughts in this topic but care not to share my thoughts.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes actually the auto lock feature was one of the best upgrades to NG2 for me. I liked the ease of it in chapter 9 in the canyons on those two quezalcoatl because all their minions charged constantly attacking you.

Ah memories. Smile

Last edited by Primeval_Demon on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I have with the auto lock feature in Sigma 2 is that Ryu even auto locks in this third person view, you know. When you hold the right trigger. It's very frustrating but nothing you can patch.

Quote:
I liked the ease of it in chapter 9 in the canyons on those two quezalcoatl because all their minions charged constantly attacking you.

For the first time playing NG2 I expected a huge boss because of the size of the plattform but than you had to fight two golden flying deemons which are basically just little black flying fiends with the attack pattern from ehrm....forgot his name....this bird like dinsosaur from NG1, you know xD

I think the dragon boss from NG1 was one of the most beautiful bosses besides the tank in the military base (so many details!!!). A lot of polys, super sweet animations, but he was just too easy. The new dragon here does not look as good as the "classic" (altough I like the "evil" design) but heh, at least I have a cool dragon boss in NG2 now who challenges my skills more Very Happy

It would be nice if he could "walk" on that plattform. He's just jumping all the time, lol, and from time to time he uses this deadly fire-dash attack but its still a very dangerous and more challenging boss than the golden lame flying things.

Xbox version (still looks great)

Last edited by Female Tengu on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bird dinosaur you mean is paz zuu or something. Can't remember the name properly. Its also used in Buddha. But a lot of bosses often use repeat attack styles in NG. Easier to make a boss that way.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some house cleaning. Debates are fine. Be more tactful with your responses, guys.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are a beginner or so if you have problems fighting the first form of the archfiend and say he's easier in Sigma 2. Both bosses are still easy as hell.
Now stop telling what's harder and what's not. I played both games long enough to comfirm that none of them is easier and charging the bow just needs no skill here, because you're just standing still and the boss gives you all the time of the world.

The final form is different a a little bit harder than the NG2 final form. The splash damage caused by the fists is bigger in Sigma 2 makes it harder to dash.

Here, a video from NG2 showing the easiest way to defeat the immature form, on master ninja mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3d4QZDQFmI

The fight starts with a laser attack. Simply hold B (and NOT moving the left stick) and Ryu automatically shoots for the head. The boss stuns and the jewel glows. During the stun he spites a load of arms/legs etc. . Now just dash-jump to the lef or right side, two times. As soon as you land after the second dash jump, just hold B again (without moving the left stick) this causes a quick-bow-charge. Ryus aims now for the jewel and you can hit it. After the the bow hits the jewel, just dash-jump again two times. You can hit the jewel again. The jewel stops glowing. Repeat the same pattern and kill the boss.

Now the same boring fight in Sigma 2 (master ninja mode, same player, he's good btw) just more dynamic because of the non charging stuff, fits the NG gameplay more if you ask me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmHk2abACbY

The only skill here is learning how to dash(jump) and when you have to attack. That's all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: