ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

5 weeks, NGS2 haven't even sold 300K, lame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just think its the wrong time of year for Tecmo to launch it.

It doesn't help that the game is crap and most cutomers react to it like this:

I've just received a message via PSN from one of my NGS2's partners that says he is tired of this game and he isn't going to play it any longer since he thinks it's not worth his time...
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its crap in your eyes and your one single partner wont change anything.
The game is good and has flaws. It tooks away some things just like NG2 did it with NG1 in many aspects ("but here is your lolipop a.k.a. the blood and gore, now go")

And I'm glad that Sigma 2 brings back some NG1 feeling, a game which is the best in the series for many fans. And the fans hating it for that. Makes no sense.

Peopel just cant accept changes. Sometimes you just have to.
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG1 elements... Yeah, right. There are some little things that are more connected with limits of this conversion than actual game design but anyway... Rolling Eyes

The game is crap in the sense that its production values are below current market average for PS3. If it was a half-price release (and it should be since it's a remake of an old game), then it could be forgiven but when TN tries to sell a game that simply can't compete in PV with other releases it's not strange that people don't buy it and call it crap.

I bought it but I do believe it's crap, although I must say that the fighting system is still good (too bad it wasn't Hayashi's team doing it... >_>) and I'd rather play this crap from TN than God of War 3, which has incredible PV but lame fighting system.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i accept all the change, but it sure was a boring game now.
only thing is if we could actually play 60fps online it would rock, too back we're only play 10fps.
damn u Team Ninja.
even Dragon Ball Raging Blast have 60fps and play online at 60fps and NGS2 can't even play 30fps lol.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. It uses NG1 elements and NG2 elements. Some here have said they prefer NG1 but they find THIS boring? Confused

Am I playing a different game to everyone else or something?
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singleplayer is awfully boring after so many times (I'm talking about NG2 players, which means... most of us) but co-op is quite fun when it doesn't lag, although the cheapness of some mission is beyond words.

Like I said, NGS2 just doesn't have that much production values. It feels that it was made by a small and poor team. To think that there was time when NG2 was considered to be the rival of MGS4, lol...
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
I just think its the wrong time of year for Tecmo to launch it.

I have noticed from my own views TN games don't sell nearly as well this time of year (close to christmas) compared to other times of the year like Summer. Too many companies releasing too many things. Bayonetta, Assasins creed 2 etc might all be potential competitors for it.

Dead or Alive 3 and 4 both sold over 1 million and they were both released during the heat of the holiday rush (Nov and Dec respectively), moreso than NGS2. TN's games can sell well at any time of the year. NGS2's issue comes with the fact that:

1. it's a port of a game that many people in the fanbase bought already,
2. it costs full price,

and

3. it has to go up against the other holiday big guns with the two previously mentioned anchors attached to it.

The special edition of NGS2 has already been discounted by $10. I expect much bigger price slashing around the corner.

Female Tengu wrote:
Its crap in your eyes and your one single partner wont change anything.
The game is good and has flaws. It tooks away some things just like NG2 did it with NG1 in many aspects ("but here is your lolipop a.k.a. the blood and gore, now go")

And I'm glad that Sigma 2 brings back some NG1 feeling, a game which is the best in the series for many fans. And the fans hating it for that. Makes no sense.

Peopel just cant accept changes. Sometimes you just have to.

Just to play devils advocate, NG2 was new game that added far more to the formula than the NG1 elements it left behind. The game was never meant to be a port of another game or a remake of NG1. The NG2 game evolved to the next logical step in a lot of ways -- now if someone doesn't like how it evolved, then that's their prerogative and they have the right to think that way.

But comparing the way this NGS2 port left out so much of the original NG2 content to how NG2 evolved compared to last gen's NG1, shows a degree of misunderstanding on your part. NG2 and NGS2 are not without flaws but according to Hayashi, NGS2 was supposed to be the definitive version of NG2. But it isn't.

NGB managed to accomplish the task of improving upon it's predecessor in every way, thus it is known as the definitive NG1. And that title was bestowed upon it without any marketing BS ever being a factor. All NGB left behind was the intercept from NG1 (which was broken) but the final game offered so much more than what NGS2 does to it's predecessor. Even though I do like NGS2, it just feels half-assed compared to NGB. There really is no comparison that can be made there. NGB was a much more thorough retooling without compromising any parts of the experience in the process.

When we say "people can't accept changes" -- that argument actually applies to how people could not accept letting go of the NG1 gameplay philosophy when NG2/NGS2 came out. It also applies to people not accepting how NG2 evolved and the improvements it brought to the table over NG1 as well. Making a true sequel to a popular game is tricky business. There will always be those people who want a step to the side instead of the risks taken to step forward. They tried to step forward with NG2, but we didn't agree with every single step they took.

But with NGS2, they were mostly stepping to the side and back, with a few baby steps forward here and there. It's a shame that it happened this way when they had the advantage of working off a game that was already made. Making a port or remake is much less risky than making a true sequel.

Last edited by neoryu on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Neoryu

People can choose to miss out on it if they want. Its their loss. The new features in the game are amazing and I don't see why none of this could have appeared in NG2 in the first place.

I like the nice little continuation storyline with Marbus, I like the other characters and I like the new team missions.

The only thing I want now is to play local multiplayer and single missions and I'm satisfied (apart from the lack of shuriken that is).
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
I'm confused. It uses NG1 elements and NG2 elements. Some here have said they prefer NG1 but they find THIS boring? Confused

Am I playing a different game to everyone else or something?

my friend, the game is still very fun, it was just that i have already beat all the difficulties in storymode, and only missing some team mission missions.

and since i haven't play NGS2 for month now, i did lack some skills because DBRB have a dumb clunky control so yeah after learning DBRB clunky control i feel lack of NG skills. if u guys play DBRB, u guys will know the control were really bad for that game, the worst control for a DBZ game. even after 10 days of playing DBRB, i still haven't get used much of the control lol.
and there is Uncharted 2 a shooter game which play differently as well.
switching back and forth to action hack and slash, fighting, and shooting game, wow, i lack a lot hehe.
anyway, it was pretty fun switching back and forth.
i haven't sold my NGS2 away, i'll just keep it.
i'll return and play NGS2 again someday after i am done w/ DBRB and U2.

lastly, i will still mad at Team ninja if i come back and they still haven't patch the online lagfest.
if we can't play 60fps online, at least make it 40fps, it would be much more enjoyable than 10 to 20fps.

DBRB is lagless, Uncharted 2 is lagless, how can NGS2 be lagfest Question
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Vueguy

You should try playing it. I am trying a few missions with the A.I and the character dies so often. Rolling Eyes

But I think there could be a few patches yet.
CZSK
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: AOTP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Sigma 2 got healthy increase in sales second week in a row. This is something i expected to happen. Sales were decent till now, but it did suffer some sales because of other blockbuster titles released at the same time. However i do expect this increae in sales to continue till end of the year. I dont know why anyone would expect this one to sell 1 milion. Its 1 year old port. Ports never sell that good, doesnt mather how many new things they put into it. I dont think that Tecmo is dissapointent with Sigma 2 sales. But who knows.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=32735&region=All
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of us knows what their projections were so we can't say if it's a success or a failure for that matter. Just because a company doesn't ship a million worldwide, it doesn't make a game a failure.

Either way, unless you have a stake in those companies, you shouldn't worry and just enjoy the game. The total sales of NGII and NGS2 will likely be enough to warrant a sequel anyway.
CZSK
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: AOTP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSX2 wrote:
None of us knows what their projections were so we can't say if it's a success or a failure for that matter. Just because a company doesn't ship a million worldwide, it doesn't make a game a failure.

Either way, unless you have a stake in those companies, you shouldn't worry and just enjoy the game. The total sales of NGII and NGS2 will likely be enough to warrant a sequel anyway.

I am not warried at all. I am just tracking some sales stats for fun. Like you said, sales will lakely warrant a sequel on both platforms. I think thats the most important thing for most of us here Very Happy

I also hope that there will be strong DLC support for Sigma 2 soon. I have great time playing it.
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the "reputable" VGChartz has recently adjusted it's numbers for Weeks 8 and 9 for NA. They made this adjustment when they posted the latest Week 10 numbers. The figures for both weeks were lowered from what they previously recorded. That's not counting how they recorded 88k in NA for week 1, while NPD recorded 38k for that same week. That 50k difference is making me wonder if VGC over tracked NGS2.

My reason for bringing this up is because I wonder if we will get any more DLC at all. Sad We'll never know how this game really sold, but if we had an idea how close it came to their projections, then that would tell me if I should bother waiting around for good DLC. Quantum Theory just got announced as a multi-platform game; probably to make up for NGS2's losses. If that;s the case then we might as well forget about it. NGS2 needs a netcode patch more than anything, and yet we still havent got one yet. Cry Baby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: