ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Official NGS2 General info thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 154, 155, 156  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it dlc sales or sales of the game? From my view sigma 2 has sold quite well and I think it could easily sell 500, 000.

I knew it wouldn't sell more than the 360 version because sometimes no matter what is added people don't rebuy games.

But I don't think this should stop more dlc. I'm still enjoying the game. Probably will do for months to come yet.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i got the new costumes 2 day,
but any way did Hayashi post a blog related to it?
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ mohsin

Supposedly posting it. Probably overnight. BTW is that you on Tecmo's facebook?

From what I read in an interview with Hayashi he gave the impression chronos was canned.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
@ mohsin

Supposedly posting it. Probably overnight. BTW is that you on Tecmo's facebook?

From what I read in an interview with Hayashi he gave the impression chronos was canned.

yes it's me and i didn't know that Hayashi ever said anything about CC
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: greiver0829 PSN:greiver829

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there more costumes. Or is it the the ones we have already? Like the business rachel.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no just the ones we seen
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Mohsin

Thats the way I've interpreted it at least. I can't remember which one it was, I think it was the kikizo one.

Hayashi was asked about code chronos and he said something about wanting to make games people enjoy. To me he's saying he disagrees with Itagaki's vision of it (DOA being a franchise and not just a game). I got the impression it was cancelled given the way he responded. Hopefully I'm wrong. It just seems wierd if he has cancelled it considering he put Kasumi in Sigma 2 Confused

Edit: Here you go mohsin. "I think the mission that we've been given as game creators and content providers is that we don't do it just because it's a business, we do it because it will provide entertainment to our fans. It's not just something that applies to Ninja Gaiden, or any of our other franchises, and it is my duty to continue things in this direction - it's the role I've been given, and it's what fits my talent best."

http://archive.videogamesdaily.com/features/interview-new-team-ninja-head-yosuke-hayashi-p2.asp

In my understanding it implies he's forgotten Project Progressive and Code Chronos in favour of something new.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emm.. i think he done one of his trade mark answers right there, say something that makes no sense to the question asked lol.

but yeah it does sort of hint to ti being scraped but i have faith that he wont to something this stupid, i mean come on an Action RPG based on Kasumi and Ayane, we have a thread here discussing Ayaneís connections and relations and Kasumi is like one off the most iconic characters ever,

i donít know if i said this here before but my uncial came from Bangladesh recently to visit, for those of you who donít know Bangladesh is a near to 3rd world country, and in is life time his played i think it was 5 game, virtual cop 2, command and conquer and some racing games, so i played some DOA4 with him and the second Kasumi came on screen he was like thatís Kasumi, i was completely gob smacked that he knew who she was, this just proves how iconic Kasumi is

any way i hope he doesnít drop it i think CC could be the development name for Konishi Gaiden and throw Momiji in the mix and have it running alongside NG it would be perfect for ever one, NG doesnít get crowded and the girls get their own game which would mean more weapons and levels and story all tailored for them
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Code chronos is an RPG is it? Thats interesting. The only thing I knew about it is that it stars Kasumi and Ayane. I heard a rumour that it also tells the story of Ein.

It would be a shame if he has cancelled it. I've been looking forward to it. I have nothing against new IPs Hayashi but there is no need to cancel anything. I suppose we'll find out what will happen to PP and CC in the future. Sometimes they use the engines and style but change the series. I would have liked to see the middle bits between the DOAU2 opening and DOA 1. Hopefully his comment means nothing.

Interestingly, while the person you were playing with knew Kasumi, another person playing sigma 2 asked who she was Surprised
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
another person playing sigma 2 asked who she was Surprised

you know thats true as well i have seen ppl on forums asking who she was, odd o.O
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suprised at that because she even wears her signature outfit. Strange how someone who hasn't played DOA ever knows who she is but people who play Ninja Gaiden don't. They could easily have found out by researching Ayane.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some NG players dont even know that Ryu is a charakter from Dead or Alive.... Laughing

and btw, the girls should never get their own game. It would be just a lame copy from the developers themselfs.

Ryu is THE Ninja Gaiden Charakter and not some girl. Why should Momiji (or some other girl) save the world from the evil + makes Ryu look like a weak nobody? Would make no sense, especially not in the DOA/NG story cauz Ryu is one of the mightiest Ninja there.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure.
DOA makes all the ninjas look almighty anyway. I mean, yeah, Ryu is supposed to be so powerful he keeps on taking out supernatural foes, but look at Hayate : He's like the strongest from his clan, even losing his memories didn't keep him from becoming the best in another field (Karate)... in the meantime, Kasumi has been chased by countless ninjas every day since she became a runaway, and kept on defeating them.
To me, they are all strong enough to have their own game.

Also, having different lead characters with each episode of an IP wouldn't be something new.
You know the Shinobi series ?

Playing different characters can be refreshing.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also did it with death by degrees. Basing other games off famous characters is actually pretty common. I suppose its because if you know the character it will sell the new game more. Spin offs are not normally as popular as the main game though.

On a side note Hayashi seems to be taking his time with that blog post. But I honestly don't care about the cheap grabs anymore. Its something I've sort of grown to accept over the past few weeks. As soon as I finish the last few missions its back to playing it for the fun.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Some NG players dont even know that Ryu is a charakter from Dead or Alive.... Laughing

and btw, the girls should never get their own game. It would be just a lame copy from the developers themselfs.

Ryu is THE Ninja Gaiden Charakter and not some girl. Why should Momiji (or some other girl) save the world from the evil + makes Ryu look like a weak nobody? Would make no sense, especially not in the DOA/NG story cauz Ryu is one of the mightiest Ninja there.

You say that NG is for Ryu is that not a good enough reason for the girls to have their own game,
everything you just said is why the girls need their own game,
you said ďRyu is the Ninja Gaiden characterĒ and very true and thatís why i said the girlís game should be called Kunoichi Gaiden,

and i agree Momij or any one of the other girls shouldnít be saving the world not when you got Ryu and again thatís why i sad have it running along NG, KG doesnít need to have the girls saving the world they could be protecting the Hayabusa village or running messages and items between Ryu, Hayate and Joe or who ever so basically what their already doing

and i completely agree with you when you say that the girls just make Ryu seem week, i would say thatís my biggest issue with the girls being in NG their just not to Ryuís standards, yes they might play well but itís that idea of playing as this grate master ninja Ryu and than having to drop down a level to these Kunoichís who are still in training,

so thatís why i think the girls need their own game they could be doing what their already doing in NG just fleshed out more, this is how i see it have NG as the proper game and the Hard core game and the girls are in NG just for the story so some thing like will see Ayane bring Ryu the Eye and then in KG you cna play as Ayane getting the Eye to Ryu, hell have 3 storys running at once a story for Momiji where sheís protecting the village a story for Ayane where shes being a messenger between Ryu and Joe and a story for Kasumi where i donít know shes helping out in some way,

and KG doesnít have to be a copy and paste of NG with breasts, CC was intended as an Action RPG so itís like everything if itís done well it could work out well, i would all so say that they make KG a easier game to NG and have it do all the fanserves
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 154, 155, 156  Next
Page 121 of 156

Jump to: