ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

5 weeks, NGS2 haven't even sold 300K, lame
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: 5 weeks, NGS2 haven't even sold 300K, lame Reply with quote

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=32735&region=All

Wow, and we thought it gonna sell as much as NG2 on X360.
Damn, I guess I am selling NGS2 away, I'll pick it up soon again in the future when price drop.

As for right now, the game look boring and nothing to do and nothing fun to play as well.
Not saying NGS2 is a bad game, but lagfest co-op = not very playable and after a month, Team Crapja haven't even release a patch or anything to fix and make NGS2 feel better, I rather stick to NG2 on X360.

I praised NGS2 will be better and yes there are some things that NGS2 were better than NG2, but there are some things that are worst as well.

I don't really care about the platinum trophy, but yes I do want to complete everything like get 100% in a game and NGS2 is impossible.
I know UN01 has been beaten, but UN02 is still impossible.

Then there are still laggest online as well.

Will update a bit if I am selling this game or not tomorrow.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Neders

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya. I am almost done with the game, I just need a few more trophies/chapter challenges, then I will only be missing the "complete all missions" which, like you said, is impossible. I agree with you somewhat, I mean....NG is one of my favorite series of all time, and I also never sell my games (I have even my NES games)...but team ninja not even releasing anything at all! no patches, no DLC, no comments about the lagfest, about the connection dropping....nothing! it's like they released the game and said "alright guys, you are all on your own now".

When I first put the game on the ps3 I freaking loved it...but then I remembered Sigma 1 and 2 is just not like it. I mean, until 2 was released I was STILL playing S1 every now and then just for the hell of it, I liked it that much...but I don't see myself playing this again once I am done collecting trophies.

Unless they do something about all this mess.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait until dlc is announced before doing anything drastic man. I personally don't give a damn what the general public think about this game. I love it.

Sales have never been important in a choice for me to buy a game or not. The game might be incredibly difficult to beat but it shouldn't stop you enjoying it. There are plenty of things to do in the game.

I don't know. Maybe its just me that likes it.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just because the game is a PS3 exclusive. Most people have a 360 (except for Japan or other eastern countries).

I'M still playing Sigma 2. Soon I'll break the 200 hours mark Very Happy
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect Sigma 2 to do well mainly in Japan. But I don't quite understand how sales could lead to a deciding factor on getting rid of or keeping a game. As long as Tecmo aren't forced to close down Team Ninja sales should mean absolutely nothing to us.

The sales of a game seem quite irrelevant imo. Its probably a combination of PS3 and NG2 remake or something. Its hardly suprising a remake has sold less than the original. But Team Ninja are still in buisiness so I don't care.

I wouldn't care if everybody else in the world turned their backs on NG I would still love it.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll wait till next week and play a few more missions w/ some of my buddies that have no lag when playing w/ me and help some rookies a bit before selling off, and will buy again someday.
since NGS2 is still $60 now, i think i could sell my like new for like $50 to $55.

i am busy w/ Uncharted 2 now and haven't have much time for NGS2 because of nothing to do.
and chapter challenge ranking suck imo, all u want to be in the top 10 is just spam UT all the way throughout the chapter to get the highest karma.

i still like NG series, but NGS2 isn't the definite version like Hayashi said.
i am watching MMA and hear Fedor Emelianenko saying "words are just words", not what it deliver when he will fight Brett Roger.
he said all brett Roger words are just words and yes i agree to Fedor, Hayashi words are just words, it doesn't deliver.

i doesn't mind about the purple mist much, i think it look stylish kind of like Devil May Cry mix hehe, but as of right now, what's there to do in NGS2?
if by next week and there are no news of about DLC or patch to fix the online lag, i guess its time to sell NGS2 away and get more profit back then buy it again when price drop in the future when they release patch and DLC already.
i sell for $50 and then use that $50 to buy DB: Raging Blast yeah.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Vueguy

I know what you mean man. We all feel tricked by Hayashi's words. But he is such a talented designer underneath all that. NG is in safe hands with him. I'm not sure who else Tecmo have that could produce a game but he is probably among the best.

Dragon Sword was amazing. I think the thing about NGS2 is it is a remake which uses the second game Itagaki envisioned as a template. It just builds from that. NG3 will probably turn out a lot better but only if Hayashi doesn't bend truths. I expect it to use a combination of the two soundtracks. That was the approach Hayashi used for the DS version. I think when he makes his own people will see his potential.
Neders
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Neders

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Primeval_Demon

I think Hayashi has a LOT of potential, but there is a problem with what I read from your post...I think (and please correct me if I am wrong) that most of the things people are complaining about are the things that Hayashi changed/added to the game, and this is what makes me scared about him making the game on his own.

Hopefully I am wrong though and NG3 will be even better than 1, who knows?
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
@ Vueguy

I know what you mean man. We all feel tricked by Hayashi's words. But he is such a talented designer underneath all that. NG is in safe hands with him. I'm not sure who else Tecmo have that could produce a game but he is probably among the best.

Dragon Sword was amazing. I think the thing about NGS2 is it is a remake which uses the second game Itagaki envisioned as a template. It just builds from that. NG3 will probably turn out a lot better but only if Hayashi doesn't bend truths. I expect it to use a combination of the two soundtracks. That was the approach Hayashi used for the DS version. I think when he makes his own people will see his potential.

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword used a very heavy amount of NG1 content too. We have not seen Hayashi direct the creation of a game with all new content that hasn't been recycled. We also haven't seen his version of Team Ninja create a multiplatform game either.

We will see how well they can accomplish both tasks in the future. The next DOA game will give us an idea. I, for one don't feel too confident about NG(S)3. NGS2 should have been a lot better. But I find myself playing NG2 more. Confused Some of the design changes they made that didn't come down to hardware issues are for the worse in a lot of ways. I love coop when it's not lagging, but it's rare in my case for it not to. I'm going to wait for the DLC before totally condemning this game.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it looks like I was right!

:runs before being killed with pitchforks by enraged NF community:
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take all your points well. Yes Dragon sword did use a lot of content from NG1. Thats why I loved it, gotta love that soundtrack Laughing

But yes, NG3 expect many returning bosses such as Doku, Ishtaros etc. This is the thing that concerns me with Hayashi. When he directs a game he tends to make boss fights very similar to other bosses he has created. They tend to be, well, repetitive. Obaba in dragon sword is very much like the sloth. Many new bosses in Sigma 2 have similar jump strikes.

I know Hayashi tends to plagiarise a lot of Itagaki's art, but I wouldn't look to that as such a bad thing. In Hayashi's mind they could be the types of enemies or techniques that interested him. Not sure.

One thing Hayashi DID DO in Dragon Sword that Itagaki seems not to have done, there seems to be quite a deep depth into Ryu's main character and even Momiji in Dragon Sword. The plot in DS I thought was much better than NG 1 or 2. There was a bit of character development and that is the type of thing Hayashi has done better than Itagaki.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG DS was a rip off, just to milk the series. Only one weapon and absolutely overpowered UTs, seriusly a joke. Momiji as a Ryu clone in a white outfit.

The gameplay was nice in terms of controlling Ryu with the stylus, but the rest?

NGS2 design is very NG1 like. Things like limited weapon upgrades, lesser enemies in many ecnounters and in the chapters itself, Ayanes second outfit, Rachel playable again, NG1 fiends, the boss Marbus etc.

Fans should be thankful for that (since they love NG1 sooooo much, right?). They want a game which plays like their favourite, but then all of the sudden they automatically want a brand new game. WTF? Sigma 2 is just a remake and good as it is for a small japanese developer and just one year of additional time (plus the work on other projects like "The other M") There is no need that the game "could have been better" because its no new game and not NG3.

For a remake it's fvck good with a lot of new stuff and a better overall gameplay than NG2.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NGDS did very little that was new in terms of familiarity but it did a lot in terms of plot.

I'm shocked to hear you didn't like it. I think the thing is Hayashi uses classic enemies/bosses because he feels thats what fans like to see.

I did hear complaints that NG2 originally seemed to have nothing to do with NG1. Only Ayane appeared from past NG and she looked very different. Just pointing out someone's thoughts here, not mine.

I would really concentrate on NG3 when it is announced. I know people are skeptical and worried, but I seriously think NG3 will have something unique about it to make it stand out. What bothers me is what Hayashi could remove.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that I dont like Dragon Sword. It's just that I dont like "cheap" and quick games for making some easy money. Right after the second remake of NG1, Sigma, they announced another Ninja Gaiden for DS, Dragon Sword.

It's not that I dont like DS, its just that the game was only there to make some quick money with almost no content. And I dont like this. And for a second remake of a game, Sigma 1 was kinda lame.

In Black/Tournament DLC and Sigma 2 you can see that the developers were actually interested in their games and they introduced alot of fresh little things to the series...which wasn't the case with DS or Sigma 1.

DS was actually just the third remake of Ninja Gaiden Black.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Its not that I dont like Dragon Sword. It's just that I dont like "cheap" and quick games for making some easy money. Right after the second remake of NG1, Sigma, they announced another Ninja Gaiden for DS, Dragon Sword.

It's not that I dont like DS, its just that the game was only there to make some quick money with almost no content. And I dont like this. And for a second remake of a game, Sigma 1 was kinda lame.

In Black/Tournament DLC and Sigma 2 you can see that the developers were actually interested in their games and they introduced alot of fresh little things to the series...which wasn't the case with DS or Sigma 1.

DS was actually just the third remake of Ninja Gaiden Black.

And that is exactly why I don't want NG3 next Laughing

Yeah you have points there. I was talking to someone the other week about it. Seriously, NGS, NG2, NGDS and now NGS2. How many times can you remake games?

I think if they make NG3 after this the phrases that would come to mind: got milk?, cash cow, money whores etc.

I agree with you. There is only so much you can take on the remake level. Besides tweeking the story a bit DS was a repeat. But this doesn't nescesarilly mean Hayashi just re produces Itagaki's work over and over.

I would like to convince everyone here to give him time but who would listen? NG3 will no doubt have flaws but some flaws in sigma 2 I feel have been reacted to a bit badly. NG2 was FAR FROM the the greatest NG. Isn't that part of the reason Sigma 2 was made?

But my main point is Hayashi is just as talented a producer as Itagaki. Maybe not when creating new things, but in terms of pure gameplay fun this generation, sorry but Hayashi's games have been way more fun imo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: