ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

what was removed from the original NGII?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

Well, I dont think that some blood (not important for gameplay and NG1 never had that much of blood, so I can live with it) and one missing weapon (Windmill Shuriken) means the death for the game Wink

I can care less about stupid projectile charging (I never understood why I have to charge my uber pwnage bow for killing a rocket luncher guy, seriously....waste of time, very cheap karma farming!! and design fail), I can care less about that stupid wall glitching worm boss and some other things TN removed.
In most cases I got some new elements/features and I LOVE the changes. The game is more entertaining and it is more NG than NG2 could ever be.

Fact is: NGS2 has much more to offer. It starts with the new content and ends with some new elements + graphics. Just because someone dont like it, doesn't mean that the game is already death.

I say this as a person you just described in your last sentence (yes I'm good at this game)

You misunderstood a lot of my message.

For one, there is a lot more content missing from Sigma 2 than the things you casually mentioned in your message. I just didn't bother making a comprehensive list. It adds content, but removes a lot of things that weren't all bad to every single person who liked NG2. How much value each thing has comes down to preference either way. For two, since when did it become mandatory that Tac Ninjas be killed with bow UTs? The IS were the go to weapon against rocket abusing Tac Ninjas on the battlefield because when they lose a limb, they lose their rocket launcher. Too bad they stripped it from Ryu in NGS2. It was my favorite secondary weapon. But you've already said you don't care that Ryu lost his IS subweapon, because Ayane has it, though it's only for a single chapter. Confused Skillful play also helped against Tac ninjas. Even regular shurikens would stun those guys.

Just wanted to let you know that the IS is a weapon that stopped Tac Ninjas from being able to fire rockets completely. But you claim bow UTs were how you handled them. Aside from the small area in Chapter 8 where they're in alcoves, that's not the most practical or skillful way to deal with them. Anyway, I'm glad you like NGS2. It is a good game, but it does not have much more to offer than NG2. That's just an opinion and definitely not fact. The reason I said the game was dead is the fact that its lost almost all of its steam at this point, among the diehard fans especially. A lot of veterans are talking about co-op being the only thing it has that's making them even hold onto it. They were saying this two weeks after it came out and still are. I like some games that don't do well commercially or critically, so if you like this game better then there's no reason to change your opinion. Just keep enjoying it.
gulliver49
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I liked to use regular shurikens for the Tac Ninjas. I'm cheap and don't like to spend money on IS Razz

Still, it was a helpful projectile and very fun to use.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoryu wrote:

For one, there is a lot It is a good game, but it does not have much more to offer than NG2. That's just an opinion and definitely not fact. The reason I said the game was dead is the fact that its lost almost all of its steam at this point, among the diehard fans especially. A lot of veterans are talking about co-op being the only thing it has that's making them even hold onto it. They were saying this two weeks after it came out and still are. I like some games that don't do well commercially or critically, so if you like this game better then there's no reason to change your opinion. Just keep enjoying it.

I know how useful the IS were, but I only used them during the tests of valor and on Master Ninja Mode against IS Ninja, so that everyone crouched on the ground, preventing the game from spawning new enemies (looks funny btw) Laughing

And of course NGS2 has much more to offer.

Does NG2 has the new dragon boss (chapter 10?)? No.
A weapon called "Enmas Fang"? No.
New Costumes (or old favourites) for Ryu? No.
Can you move when you aim with the bow? No.
Ayane, Momiji, Rachel including some new areas in certain chapters? No.
Other (new) bosses like Marbus, Obaba? No.
Some new enemies like the Tengu Brothers? No.
Old fiends from NG1, the little purple things? No.
The howling gun? No.
New music/tracks? No.
(Team) Mission Mode (not as a DLC!!)? No.
Chapter Challenge mode? No.

ok let me stop here (there is more) and show you what NG2 has:

- two more projectiles for Ryu (WS and IS)
- projectile charging + limited ammo
- water fight scenes + gatling spear gun + some super challenging yellyfish
- the incredible glitchy worm boss
- much blood + splatter

These are facts. BUUUUT, the personal taste decides which game is better.

If I compare Super Mario Bros 1 (you know, that game from the NES xD) with Far Cry then, excuse me, it is a fact that Super Mario has crap graphics (just an example). And no opinion of the world can say anything against it.
Of course I respect opinions but I dont understand why you say that all the things NGS2 offers are some kind of "opinion" LOL

Team Ninja replaced almost everything in some way. No UT charging >>> Howling Gun (example).

The game has way more content >>>> new stuff >>>> more to offer (new chapters with the girls etc.). Sure, the game is just a remake and no totally new game, that's why the only really big new feature is the coop mode, just as you said.

And if some missing stuff like the IS (or the blood + splatter <<< still number one reason for many people to "hate" this game) totally ruins Sigma 2 for you and you oversee everything else the game has, then this is your opinion. Fine.

But its definitely not true to say "NGS2 has not much more to offer". Team Ninja put more effort in this remake than in the SECOND remake of Ninja Gaiden 1 a.k.a. "Ninja Gaiden Sigma".

Quote:
But you claim bow UTs were how you handled them. Aside from the small area in Chapter 8 where they're in alcoves, that's not the most practical or skillful way to deal with them.

Ehrm, no. When I was green at NG2, yes. Now I just run trough that place 'cauz the game allows me to do this Laughing (they changed it in Sigma 2 btw Wink )
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoryu wrote:
Female Tengu wrote:

Well, I dont think that some blood (not important for gameplay and NG1 never had that much of blood, so I can live with it) and one missing weapon (Windmill Shuriken) means the death for the game Wink

I can care less about stupid projectile charging (I never understood why I have to charge my uber pwnage bow for killing a rocket luncher guy, seriously....waste of time, very cheap karma farming!! and design fail), I can care less about that stupid wall glitching worm boss and some other things TN removed.
In most cases I got some new elements/features and I LOVE the changes. The game is more entertaining and it is more NG than NG2 could ever be.

Fact is: NGS2 has much more to offer. It starts with the new content and ends with some new elements + graphics. Just because someone dont like it, doesn't mean that the game is already death.

I say this as a person you just described in your last sentence (yes I'm good at this game)

You misunderstood a lot of my message.

For one, there is a lot more content missing from Sigma 2 than the things you casually mentioned in your message. I just didn't bother making a comprehensive list. It adds content, but removes a lot of things that weren't all bad to every single person who liked NG2. How much value each thing has comes down to preference either way. For two, since when did it become mandatory that Tac Ninjas be killed with bow UTs? The IS were the go to weapon against rocket abusing Tac Ninjas on the battlefield because when they lose a limb, they lose their rocket launcher. Too bad they stripped it from Ryu in NGS2. It was my favorite secondary weapon. But you've already said you don't care that Ryu lost his IS subweapon, because Ayane has it, though it's only for a single chapter. Confused Skillful play also helped against Tac ninjas. Even regular shurikens would stun those guys.

Just wanted to let you know that the IS is a weapon that stopped Tac Ninjas from being able to fire rockets completely. But you claim bow UTs were how you handled them. Aside from the small area in Chapter 8 where they're in alcoves, that's not the most practical or skillful way to deal with them. Anyway, I'm glad you like NGS2. It is a good game, but it does not have much more to offer than NG2. That's just an opinion and definitely not fact. The reason I said the game was dead is the fact that its lost almost all of its steam at this point, among the diehard fans especially. A lot of veterans are talking about co-op being the only thing it has that's making them even hold onto it. They were saying this two weeks after it came out and still are. I like some games that don't do well commercially or critically, so if you like this game better then there's no reason to change your opinion. Just keep enjoying it.

its kind of dying here, but at gamefaqs, its still pretty much alive.
we don't want to spam this forum w/ idiots topics like in gamefaqs that's why there are not much new topics everyday, we just post in the same old topic instead of creating a new topic unless we got a good topic in mind.
in gamefaqs, we;ll just spam the boards w/ anything we have in our mind.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu, to add to your rather short list of what NG2 has and what Sigma removed:

-New Game+
-Successive play
-Red Dinos/dragons
-Tests of Valor
-Survival
-Manual saving
-Ninja Cinema in regular story mode
-Biometal costumes
-Different colored Fiend Ryu costumes
-Shadow walker costumes
-The default costume's color changes
-A general decrease in enemy #s.
-Ninpo indicator

That's all I can think of right now.
RYU81
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there important thing you didn't say it,they remove AI for enemies and bosses,are big different between AI NG2 & NGS2,in NGS2 all enemies and bosses are stupid.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually they removed nothing in terms of A.I. The only difference is that some bosses like Alexei have better abilities or use certain moves more often now. But some bosses are even easier cauz they dont spam distance attacks anymore, like the giant skeleton boss for example.

Team Ninja also added a feature that allows the boss A.I. to punish the player via counter grab which means, if you attack boss Rasetsu, for example, with certain attacks and you become unsafe during these moves (if the recovery of a move is too long or you execute more than 2 or 3 moves per string) than Rasetsu will grab the player. In most cases it depends on how long the player is unsafe.

Perfect examples for these script are:

Rasetsu and Shadow Rasetsu, the Tengu Brothers.

But if you are smart you can use the script and loop the bosses. And if you're using the right moves, the bosses won't or sometimes even just can't use this script. A single forward + Triangle strike of Momijis weapon stuns a Tengu (yes, you can beat the two Tengu brothers just with this move without being grabbed).
I see many people complaining about this. But it makes the player think about weapons, stuns and the overall gameplay mechanics in Ninja Gaiden. And I think that's cool.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: greiver0829 PSN:greiver829

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to your tengu strategy. Look for the combo where he swings on the second strike, MO can conter it easily couple that with fowrd triangle. Unstoppable

@Female
any good combos for marbus. He is easy but when he starts spamming fieballs he annoying
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbus in Rachels chapter or when you fight him as Ryu?

Last edited by Female Tengu on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total
greiver829
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: greiver0829 PSN:greiver829

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel's level, I just keep the same set of fiends from 1st fight and dodge but is there away to kill them then fight marbus 1 on 1
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Marbus is one of the easiest bosses in the game (and he was it in NG1, too). But there are some slightly differences especially in teh air.

When he flies around >>> keep the distance but pay attention on him. When he comes closer, immediately move away. Dashing his fireballs is harder in Sigma 2 than in NG1 cauz they dont fly a strict line and the area effect is a little bit bigger. His projectiles also have a spread, makes it even harder and random to dash the fireballs in cqc situations. Dashing these things when he is right above you is almost impossible (unlike NG1). So make sure (especially as Rachel) that you have always a safe distance to him. Don't attack him in mid air by using jumping moves - altough you can hit him, its more or less a waste of health.

I suggest using Ninpo once for the first wave of minions (repeat that for every new wave). Yes, you can let them alive but personally I killed them because they can give me health and seriuosly....the minions are even more dangerous in that boss fight than Marbus itself (several teleport/underground moves, a teleport grab, a high ranged normal grab, suicide attack and they can shoot you with projectiles + these guys are very fast). The minions will give you absoluteley NO time for attacking Marbus during his stuns. After the ninpo you can kill surviving minions with the square, triangle, square combo. It's Rachels fastest "Izuna" (but only the second "square" makes you invincible!).
When he prepares the "torpedo" move, run to the invisible walls, so you wont lose too much time running after him when he missed you. Dash in the right moment (its easier to dash if the distance is high enough) and then you can use square, square, triangle, triangle. Or try some other combos (the stun is pretty long).

After a stomp you can hit him as well. But only two hits or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: