ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Official NGS2 General info thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 154, 155, 156  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped at the beginning of the chapter with Momiji about a week ago, and that was it. Not sure when and if I'll do the rest because I sure as hell am not having fun. I keep reaching the tengu and dying.

EDIT: Maybe not. I replayed the chapter and it's fairly smooth sailing.. well, better than before.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reached the second save point, and after a few tries I managed to reacht he tengu brothers, but damn the are soooooo cheap!
One of their short attacks will kill you with one hit, or one of their swing attacks are a grab, and there are 2 siumilair moves so its uncertain which is which.

Seriously I am hating this quite alot, atleast the girls part.
They are weak, slow and tacked on...just like Rachel was in NGS.

I mean they are fun on Warrior and a bit on Mentor, but honestly, these girls are not made for MN or harder enemies.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also find Master ninja annoying.

Hayashi's team better not make ultimate ninja a diffculty in NG3 because its crazy. Who came up with this grab rule?

I suppose its a way to keep the challenge there. Confused
gulliver49
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck on Momiji's Chapter in MN as well. I haven't played Story mode in some time though. Every time I want to go through her Chapter I think "Hey, some friends are online, Team Missions are so much more fun, I'll go do that instead." Embarassed

I really hate how they are so weak on MN. I mean, two Izuna drops to kill one grey Ninja? Two UTs to kill one grey guy? Ryu's Tonfa UT would rip these guys apart. No, forget the Tonfa, even a Lv.1 FT UT is better than this. Rolling Eyes No, forget that too, I would rather have only the Lv.1 Flails, yes the Flails instead of Momiji.

She was fine on Warrior and Mentor. Back then her double jump and all her other nifty features really were great. But now I see how she is slow, unwieldy, and weak.

EDIT: Did I mention their Ninpo all sucks?
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
I reached the second save point, and after a few tries I managed to reacht he tengu brothers, but damn the are soooooo cheap!
One of their short attacks will kill you with one hit, or one of their swing attacks are a grab, and there are 2 siumilair moves so its uncertain which is which.

Seriously I am hating this quite alot, atleast the girls part.
They are weak, slow and tacked on...just like Rachel was in NGS.

I mean they are fun on Warrior and a bit on Mentor, but honestly, these girls are not made for MN or harder enemies.

yeah i agree, i died a lots at Momiji chapter in MNM, damn the enemies are much more aggressive than in Ryu's chapters all combine together.
from what I can tell, Ryu's chapters are mostly white ninjas which are easy. in the girls chapters such as Momiji and Ayane chapters, damn they throw u different kinds of ninjas mix together and they are even hard to delimb as well.

Momiji chapters has white ninjas and arrow ninjas and wizard ninjas and IS ninjas, damn. i especially really hate the wizard ninjas in Momiji chapters, i died a lot because of them teleport grabbing and shoot fires and summon fire from the ground to kill me in 1 hit.
the 2 Tengu brothers give me a lot of deaths as well until i know know learn the secret to counter their attacks and dodge their grab.
in Ayane chapters, damn the first part to the first save give me lots of trouble and deaths as well. red ninjas and purple IS ninjas which was so hard to delimb then werewolves as well then u get near the save point, u still got to fight wizard ninjas and purple IS ninjas and red ninjas and white ninjas mix damn, 1 grab game over and they are really aggressive too.
Rachel, neh i found her chapters really easy even in MNM, she's very powerful and she has that spin flip dodge behind the enemy then smash their head w/ the TRIANGLE to crack their skull in purple dust.
I only died like 5 times in Rachel chapter because of Marbus have those damn fire head minions w/ him which Rachel ninpo desn't even kill them so u got to use twice or save 2 ninpos left and just OT them then fight Marbus alone and i used almost all my health items on Marbus in her chapter.
Momiji, probably over 70 and Ayane probably over 50.
Ryu chapters was easy except bosses such as Alexei give me over 40 deaths. i found him a little weaker in NGS2, but that damn 1 grab game over is just cheap as projectiles spam like in NG2 where we called projectiles spam mode. in NG2, like i said before, his grab doesn't kill u and save u some health left, in NGS2, once he grab u, just get ready to press continue.
And damn Elizabet, they change her a lot, i mean a lot which make her a lot harder then in NG2.
i found a way to get her to stuck to that little bridge and finish her off, but she give me a lots of deaths too cause FS doesn't work against her anymore like in NG2 where i just spam Claws FS to kill her so fast in less than a min.

gulliver49 wrote:
I'm stuck on Momiji's Chapter in MN as well. I haven't played Story mode in some time though. Every time I want to go through her Chapter I think "Hey, some friends are online, Team Missions are so much more fun, I'll go do that instead." Embarassed

I really hate how they are so weak on MN. I mean, two Izuna drops to kill one grey Ninja? Two UTs to kill one grey guy? Ryu's Tonfa UT would rip these guys apart. No, forget the Tonfa, even a Lv.1 FT UT is better than this. Rolling Eyes No, forget that too, I would rather have only the Lv.1 Flails, yes the Flails instead of Momiji.

She was fine on Warrior and Mentor. Back then her double jump and all her other nifty features really were great. But now I see how she is slow, unwieldy, and weak.

EDIT: Did I mention their Ninpo all sucks?

haha, yeah Ayane ninpo suck so bad, doesn't even kill anyone lol except delimb them maybe, but the purple IS ninjas didn't get delimb at all.
Momiji fire ninpo did kills better.
Rachel ninpo can't even delimb gold dragon.
Ryu fire ninpo suck as well, can't even kill those minions alongside w/ Zed which make Zed damn hard in NGS2.

The Tengu brothers can only be kill easily if u go back into the door and stay inside there and wait for 1 to come and fight him alone and use only counter to kill him.
once that done, use the same counter tactic to kill the 2nd Tengu, just be sure to dodge his grab and u'll be fine.

sorry for the wall of texts, but i just gonna said it.
NGS2 wasn't as hard as NG2 cause i go back to NG2 and play MNM ch. 2 the hardest chapter and damn, i can't even made it to the first save point, but because i play new game + w/ lvl 1 weapons all again, it make it hard so i haven't try playing w/ all weapons max out. if i did maybe it would be easier cause TDS FS was pretty useful.

anyway, i will agree that NGS2 is a bit easier, but still not that easy as people said cause i dies a lot in NGS2 MNM as well.
NG2 MNM give me over 300 game over screen, NGS2 give me over 200 game over screen, anyway, i found NGS2 MNM was much more fun hehe cause i got to do lots of cool combos in NGS2 MNM w/out spanning UT a lot like in NG2 where 80% of the time u got to spam UT over and over to beat it.
in the end, i did beat both games MNM so i am good and feel great.

Primeval_Demon wrote:
I also find Master ninja annoying.

Hayashi's team better not make ultimate ninja a diffculty in NG3 because its crazy. Who came up with this grab rule?

I suppose its a way to keep the challenge there. Confused

agree, 1 grab shouldn't kill us. save us 1% of health would be much better than game over. upgrading Ryu health bar only save from enemies attack, but gran still kill Ryu in 1 hit.
the wizard ninja can grab Ryu and game over even u got a very big health bar.
i hope NG3 isn't about grabbing.
make it more like NGS which i found it much more fun.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Neders

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vueguy wrote:
agree, 1 grab shouldn't kill us. save us 1% of health would be much better than game over. upgrading Ryu health bar only save from enemies attack, but gran still kill Ryu in 1 hit.
the wizard ninja can grab Ryu and game over even u got a very big health bar.
i hope NG3 isn't about grabbing.
make it more like NGS which i found it much more fun.

I am hating this too. Not only on story mode, but on team missions as well. On team mission MN 03 if Alexei grabs you once = DEAD, if you get hit by a lightning bolt = DEAD...wtf are you made of? paper? And you have to fight 4 greater fiends in a row. Not to mention that you can only revive your partner a few times before its game over for good....so wth! they need to release a patch that lets you revive your partner as many times as needed...just leave the time limit.

And you guys are also right about the girls...I found them to be TERRIBLE. In my opinion only Rachel is decent, even on online matches. She can mow down the enemies with the machine gun, its not even funny.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all Team Missions should be playable on each difficulty level, cause some of them have really interesting fights, but having the enemies being so overpowered (1 grab kill etc) kinda spoils the fun.
Yesterday my friend and I were trying to beat Ultimate Ninja Mission 02 ... first you face a spider ninja fiend, then a Tengu, then Obaba ... and we thought that was it. But there's actually 2 Genshins after that. I really wonder if beating that kind of mission is actually possible Confused
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally beat Momijis crap level!
I was literally sweating each time one of the Tengu's helath was almost done but they did a cheap move and I died.

My stradegy was to go after the blue one, and do a SQUARE SQUARE attack, 2 hits minimum, 3-4 when I know they wont block, but thats random. The blue one is definitely the easier version, red one is a fatherless child.

But on top of that I didnt have any choice to keep going back to the checkpoint and kill ninjas and fiends, just so I could atleast get one ninpo from them to save up for the tengu brothers just incase if I am going to be grabbed when I am owning them.

I had only 2 big healthgrains and no ninpo so I was doomed.

Anyways, I hate the girls, I am gonna spam ayane's Kunai until there is enough orbs to pull a UT and then keep continueing.
And rachel, well, machinegun is the only way, until Marbus :S
But for Momiji they should have given her IS or windmill shuriken, NOT a bow, especially when its incredible weak and slow, compared to Ryu's.

PS. I hate those golden vangelf, one hit from them and you can say bye bye to your life.

But honestly, right now I am not in mood for any NG related stuff.
Chapter challenge is boring abit, Team Mission is boring as well considering I dont want to play with another partner and the team missions are short anyway.

The only thing that can make me go back in there is solo survival missions, samething that was for NG2 and NGS.
Basically spawning enemies all the time...like kill 100 enemies, and then have the NGS type of mission like Speed Master were you have a certain time, but you have to go from point A to B and kill as many enemies as possible quickly, but you kill all the time until the timer is out, or you are dead.

But right now, I am not touching the game so much.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Sath. Lets see how you do on Rachel's level. Why does it take one grab and instantly kill us though?

Its a similar style to setting up the ninjas to incidenary spam us to death. At least thats how I see it. BTW I officially think Elizabet is a b****! Pardon the language, she keeps trapping me when I'm killing Volf. Cry Baby

It is especially annoying when I'm trying to revive my partner. I tend to move pretty fast but I pressed circle but I'm trapped in Elizabet's circle of death. One grab by Alexei or Volf and your immediately DEAD! This mission requires patience and A LOTof it.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
Well done Sath. Lets see how you do on Rachel's level. Why does it take one grab and instantly kill us though?

Its a similar style to setting up the ninjas to incidenary spam us to death. At least thats how I see it. BTW I officially think Elizabet is a b****! Pardon the language, she keeps trapping me when I'm killing Volf. Cry Baby

It is especially annoying when I'm trying to revive my partner. I tend to move pretty fast but I pressed circle but I'm trapped in Elizabet's circle of death. One grab by Alexei or Volf and your immediately DEAD! This mission requires patience and A LOTof it.

actually, i think the battle field should be bigger in that mission so we can run farther away to escape attacks.
the field is too small and there are 3 bosses who can grab u and game over.
how about switching damage attack, we slashes them twice and they die and they its us and grab us and we lose very little health lol, it would be easy as taking candy from a baby.
UN1&2 like the enemies are some master ninja and we're some rookies lol, they can kill us in 1 grab and we can't kill them in 5 hits.

Team Ninja better patch or make some other DLC stuffs, this mission and UN1&2 is so damn impossible.
nobody will get platinum i bet.
anyway i don't care about trophies, i care about having fun and these wo missions ain't fun at all. it just click and watch the game over screen that's all i can see.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey stupid crap...minions are NOT bosses so stop treating them like one!
Don't give them 100%+ healths with one hit kill grabs, dont treat them like mini bosses, its ridicolous.

I had to use around 3 ninpo attacks with Rachel just to kill minions around me while Marbuscrap was down, not only that, Marbus absorbs my blue orbs, what the hell is that all about.

I didn't have much "pissed off"moments with Ryu but as soon as the fvckhead females shows up I just want to break the game and never think about.

It's like they went "ok, lets remove IS, but let most enemies have 2x more healths than before and each difficulty we add 2 more".

They had a very bad decision to give a flying boss to Rachel, a character that is so slow and very grounded.

Well thats my rant for now, and I am sure it will come up more when Ayane shows up Razz

*sigh*
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Vueguy

They could at least even things out perhaps. They have one grab how about one izuna drop instantly kills them. BUT NO!

Damn this stupid grabbing. The partner just seems to get in the way on the higher difficulties. The mission says defeat the four greater fiends yet I can't beat one. Embarassed

I hate to imagaine what happens if you actually beat one of these merciless f*gs. Zedonius drops in for the dog pile does he?

What did we do to deserve this? It makes you feel like a noob!
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

I didn't have much "pissed off"moments with Ryu but as soon as the fvckhead females shows up I just want to break the game and never think about.

It's like they went "ok, lets remove IS, but let most enemies have 2x more healths than before and each difficulty we add 2 more".

And here you have the unfinished female charakters. The lack of weapons and abilitys of the girls are pure fun killers in NG. Not on akolyth or warrior but on higher difficults that's definitively the case.

And yes, people still want more, like Joe, Kasumi, Hayate blah blah

The girls are useless in Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja missions, too. We have 3 coop charakters and you cant even accomplish all of the missions just by using them.

Balancing out even one charakter can take several months and years, including weapons, abilitys etc. You cant do this in just one year with 3! charakters at the same time.

And yes, Rachel is trash again. Her machine gun is overpowered and it's ridiculous how she ruins the whole concept of the game with this weapon...and again >>> unfinished charakters. The result of one year. And fans want more with DLC, something I will never understand.

A game has to be fun with EVERY charakter on every difficult in a game. And on higher difficults the chapters of the girls are not entertaining, not even a little.

And yes, since TN announced Momiji and Rachel I already knew how this would end up in Sigma 2.

Quote:

Giving the enemies more health is the result of the changes in Sigma 2. We have less enemies, less projectile spamming BUT we still have OTs, a feature NG2 introduced for giving the player a chance when Ryu faces 10 or more enemies per screen. Wink
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I was against having more playable characters other than ayane. i knew they would have like a crap movelist that is too short and less depth. If it was one female character or whoever they decided to add, they could have expanded on the character and gave more depth at least 2 weapons.But no, ppl want more playable characters and what has happened to the females is more likely to be the same with the whoever they add next.
Even the weapon Enma is very shallow and has no depth other than lifting heavy foes, it is useless and doesnt have any delimb power. So I wouldnt advice on team ninja adding another playable character please.

Because they ll end up just having bigger flaws and in ryus case he has tons of weapons to deal with every situation. Oh wait! they took out the IS and WS. took out the Uts and gave enemies times 5 the normal health, now you kill most enemies without an OT. So many flaws. SO MANY.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the other characters are fine. Neither feels rushed or incomplete to me. They might be inadequate for higher difficulties, but that's more a design flaw than the characters being unfinished. The enemies you fight are scaled for Ryu's capabilities at that difficulty, not theirs. That's the single biggest problem. Movelists and combat is fine.

Oh, and Marbus takes blue essence from Ryu too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 154, 155, 156  Next
Page 108 of 156

Jump to: