ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Previews & Reviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you are targetting everything that is "wrong" or "changed" in the game and you dislike it much more than you like the game and yet post most of the things multiple times like if we need more than 2 times to understand it, and yet, surprisingly, you are still gonna buy it ? Confused

Its confusing Confused

For a game you dislike more than you like you sure are doing the devs a favor by buying it, go ahead Razz
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm doing them a favor. Consider it an act of goodwill. I'm willing to believe that the remnants of Team Ninja can get their act together and deliver a great NG3.

Then again, you're being an ass right now, Sath. I could understand you wanted to scold me for guessing what the game will be like but now when the game is out and we know many things suck ass, you should at least acknowledge the problems instead of pretending that everything is just fine.

We don't want to see another batch of youtube's "Ninja Glitching" videos, this time from NGS2, now do we? Surprised

Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so GT review, i think they gave it a good score, GT dose have a habit of praising a game and then giving it a lower score then expected or dising a game and then giving it a higher score,
but yet another review with hardly any mention of the changes, never the less a good review

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2:
Story = 7.5
Design = 8.5
Gameplay = 8.8
Presentation = 8.8

Ninja Gaiden 2:
Story = 7.5
Design = 8.0
Gameplay = 8.5
Presentation = 8.8
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the game does not automatically get a lower score just because there is no blood and blah blah in it. Too many review for this game out there are just crap.

With all the new content the game HAS to be better (because it has content the original never had) even if it's just 0.1%. And its good that GT knows this.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take, so I am an ass and a fake person for I dont have the same opinion as you and I "pretend" everything is fine with the game while you have so many issues with it and the game is "ass"?

Last warning for such language to a fellow user.

No we dont want another glitch video, but what game doesn't. Every game out there has glitches, NG is no different from any other titles out there.

And no, you are not doing them a favor, you are just kidding yourself for buying it.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing!! so we dont play as "Ayane" in NGS2. We take control over "Ayune" xD
wow, I'm going to have a serious talk with GT >_>

lol, Marbus' torpedo attack has a homing ability Very Happy cool. My favourite boss in NG1 isn't that easy anymore. He will pwn noobs Laughing

You can shake the controller for the jiggling stuff even during the cutscenes...that's just unbelieveable xD

Last edited by Female Tengu on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:27 am; edited 5 times in total
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No we dont want another glitch video, but what game doesn't. Every game out there has glitches, NG is no different from any other titles out there.

Yes, but this their second approach to NGII and the glitch is still there. This IS disturbing.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite alot of games out there that gets patched to "suppose to fix" problem, but then new problem shows up.
Is it annoying? yes it is. But not if it barely happens, and I have yet to hear the majority that has the game say anything about the games problem in terms of glitches, bugs...etc.

But in the end, every game has glitches, even if the devs say they fixed it, there will always be somewhere in the game were the actual data mixes up and the glitch happens.

I for one hope I dont run into any problems when playing thats for sure.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scores for this overall seem better but that could be because they have fixed problems in story mode.
Rubix42
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Rubix42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd so far agree with the scores I'm seeing on this, but not all the points being made. I played the Xbox version and beat it on Master Ninja, so I feel qualified to make some observations.

My couple of observations so far, about halfway through chapter 7

-The game on Warrior is certainly easier than the xbox version on Warrior. The addition of Izuna drop to every weapon, and having it be a level 1 skill, makes a big difference. Plus, there are fewer enemies in each area now.

-Enma Fang is pretty sweet, but so far, too slow for me to really get any great use out of it in crowded areas.

-The weapon upgrade system is frustratingly slow, and I have a ton of useless yellow essence now. But I'm sure it is balancing something. Not being able to get to level 3 is a bit annoying. I don't think they should hold back power increases to players capable of acquiring them quickly, but that is a personal taste.

-You get weapons at different times now. No big deal, but kind of weird.

-Momiji is really fun to play, can't wait to see what she is like once you upgrade the weapon.

-Lives of 1,000 gods and life of gods are automatically used at pick up, and do not fill the health bar. So this takes away a little of the strategy of master ninja for me. (I had to save them and use them as full health refills on tougher sections to beat it)

-No grading at the end of the level. I really miss that.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weapon upgrade is like NG1 now, and I kind of like it.

You cant upgrade anytime you have enough essence in certain times for the weapons.

For exmaple in the airship you can upgrade Dragon Sword just once and then there is quite a long wait until he lets you upgrade again, samething with any other weapons.

But if i remember correctly, he lets you upgrade 2 weapons at the same time if you have enough essence, but not in NGS2, picky old man! Wink

Quote:
-Lives of 1,000 gods and life of gods are automatically used at pick up, and do not fill the health bar. So this takes away a little of the strategy of master ninja for me. (I had to save them and use them as full health refills on tougher sections to beat it)

Everyone does that, and frankly, its cheap to be honest. We use it as a double item, one for increasing it and one for fully get our healths back, but it was good though. Too bad they removed the idea of it not fully recharge our health in NGS2 which is dumb if you ask me.

In my opinion Hayashi has been going back to NG1 game designs alot and combined it with alot of stuff from NG2, so its a mix of both, NG1 for old memories and NG2 for the new.
I don't have a problem with this, as long as it balances out MY gameplay experience.
Rubix42
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the lives of 1,000 gods thing I don't think will be that big of a deal. If Mentor and MN follow the same path as Warrior, the whole game is going to be much, much easier than NG2 was.

I mean, I'm all the way through about half of Ch. 7, and I haven't even been close to death once. I've used only a couple of grains and herbs, but haven't had to buy any yet. I also haven't used a talisman yet either. I am not a great NG player, but good enough to struggle my way through MN on NGS and NG2.

Overall, this definitely plays improved from the Xbox version, and with all the additions, I think it will end up being pretty awesome. Just miss some of the difficult sections that made that version so much fun.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion the thing that made NG2 so hard was the IS spamming and the hordes of enemies and thats it.

And I have been reading non stop once NG2 was out that the Is was extremely stupid and they wanted it to be toned down, and they did.

Then they hated the game to be slowned down, which they always did by removing the hordes of enemies coming in each corner.
And the enemy waves are more like NG1. They come in few bbut on Mentor or MN one hit and your health will be drained dramatically compared to Warrior, and this is ONLY from the demo I have played.
Rubix42
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that makes sense. I didn't play the demo as I knew I was buying the game, so I really can't compare much. Mostly, these are very small changes from one version to the next, and they really only change my approach to the game, not the gameplay. I still haven't seen an IS ninja, so I can't comment on that at this time.

Although I did always respect the IS spamming. I hated it at spots, but thought it made it all a bit more believable. If I was an IS ninja, and I was with a group of buddies fighting Ryu, I would totally throw an IS into his back when it was turned. I don't care if he can't see me, he's cutting us down ruthlessly and appears to be unstoppable.

I mean, just cause you can't see the IS ninja, it shouldn't stop trying to hurt you... But I've always been a glutton for punishment.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the glitches, helped me get past Rasetsu chapter 11 master ninja Laughing Just kidding. Glitches are inevitable, I'll take a few glitches rather than have a perfect game that we gotta wait 10 years for. Remember NG got pushed back a lot, but then their where more versions and dlc so thats no sayin much. I'm gonna miss the old LOTG ,really helped in MN, and the hordes of enemies. But I won't miss the IS spammin Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: