ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Hayashi Interview (Big suprise in the game?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems Hayashi wanted to follow NG1 and NG DS in terms of story than what Itagaki did with NG2 were he just slapped on the story that made no sense.

I guess Hayashi wants to fill those empty gaps with the story between NG1>NG DS>NG2/Sigma 2, and he is doing so starting with Ayane and Momiji.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
The way Ayane is instructed by Joe is retarded. It just makes no sense to send her to Venice, especially since she fights there with that stupid witch boss that comes from nowhere, just like the Buddha. Not to mention that the dragon eye was in Hayabusa clan possession - there was no need for Ayane to look for it in the context of NGII. They've made that only to squeeze her somehow.

It would be better if the girls didn't have those forced missions at all and were just unlockables for the co-op, at least the story wouldn't be even more stupid than in NGII.

Well it makes sense to me (at least a little ^^)

When Hayabusa reaches the Village in the second chapter, everyone from his clan is dead or gone. Only black spider ninjas are in the village. Maybe they've stolen the eye of the dragon because Obaba wants its power. We dont know and who cares anyway. The story never made really sense in NG. Hayabusa's village has been slaughtered 2 or 3 times now in the NG timeline xD

I never played the DS Ninja Gaiden. So Obaba will be a "new" boss for me and I cant wait to fight her Smile
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Maybe they've stolen the eye of the dragon because Obaba wants its power. We dont know and who cares anyway. The story never made really sense in NG. Hayabusa's village has been slaughtered 2 or 3 times now in the NG timeline xD

I never played the DS Ninja Gaiden. So Obaba will be a "new" boss for me and I cant wait to fight her Smile

Eye of the dragon? hahaha Razz
Dragon Eye, this aint Rocky Wink
But yeah most people havent played NG DS so Momiji and Obaba will be new to go against.

Last edited by Sath on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obaba isn't anything special really.

She moves like the sloth in the original. Don't go near her otherwise she swallows you. Other than that watch her crows.

This is provided she is the same.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

Eye of the dragon? hahaha Razz
Dragon Eye, this aint Rocky Wink

"The trueeeeee draaaaaagon sw000000rd" xD
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayashi's final blog post...talks about secrets
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/10/02/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-final-post/

It seems like he is planing on making Sanji playable at some point, but for now, he is too young.
And the golden scarab in the prologue after Joe izuna drop's the vampire lord to the car is another hint.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my English knowledge is limited, could some interpret this part into a more simple English Embarassed

Thanks in advance

"In this title, Ryu says “Darkness is destined to lift in the end”. This is the theme of what NINJA GAIDEN franchise has in common, and what Team NINJA itself has experienced I guess. But let me leave with you my thanks again, and this tiny hint about the future. I think our users can feel through playing this ultimate package that Ryu himself is in the presence of such darkness and that ninjas themselves have that villainous streak. Ryu is anguished by it, he is touched by darkness. Such is his anguish and determination; I think this may creep over into any future NINJA GAIDEN stories"

Does he hint into a darker story, enviroment, Ryu-fiend-possessed setting for the future????

By the way, I really like the humor in the last sentence Very Happy

P.S. Did he really sneer about Itagaki with the rock star and leather jacket reference. If so, you could almost think he is about to become the same blatherskite as Itagaki Very Happy
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayashi showed how big of an ass he is in that post. He shouldn't bash Itagaki like that, pretending that Team Ninja is stronger than ever before, especially since his Japanese and should have more respect for his master. I can totally see now why Itagaki hated the guy. Rolling Eyes
Rubix42
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Rubix42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness, that is really nothing compared to what Itagaki said about him in the past. Specifically his bash against the work he directed on NGS.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, Hayashi started to bash Itagaki and so Itagaki kind of fired back at him. But yeah, we don't know the details.

No matter what, Hayashi shouldn't be so arrogant - he was the apprentice.
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
Hayashi showed how big of an ass he is in that post. He shouldn't bash Itagaki like that, pretending that Team Ninja is stronger than ever before, especially since his Japanese and should have more respect for his master. I can totally see now why Itagaki hated the guy. Rolling Eyes

There wasn't a hint of arrogance in that post. If anything, this was a very well said post since he never ever excludes himself and takes credit for a collaborative effort like a game. You can take it as Itagaki bashing, or you can take it at face value. Let your work speak for yourself without putting on an act and bashing others.

Itagaki didn't fit the stereotypical humble and respectful Japanese stereotype, while the likes of Kojima and Hayashi do. And no, the first public bashing was from Itagaki when he said that Sigma pretty much sucked even though he actually executive produced it and had nothing but kind words in the making of DVD.

Hayashi was the NGB project lead so the man does have passion for the series. In fact, in the Sigma CE bonus DVD, he said that he specifically joined Tecmo because he was a big fan of NG as a kid.

Itagaki also mentioned that Hayashi got married recently in an interview with Kotaku, so despite any exchanged words, they're acquainted apparently. He's also friends with Harada of Namco; project director of Tekken.. a series that he apparently "hates".
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to play NG3 w/out Itagaki involve in the game.
We can have a better storymode for NG3.
Wave

Itagaki is getting old and his passion for NG series has been dying and he even said NG2 was his last NG game.

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
From what I understand, Hayashi started to bash Itagaki and so Itagaki kind of fired back at him. But yeah, we don't know the details.

No matter what, Hayashi shouldn't be so arrogant - he was the apprentice.

Lol, yeah Hayashi did give Itagaki credits for that in his latest interview.
I'll see how NG3 will be like, can't wait, but as for now, we need some patches or DLC to make nGS2 a better game.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN&XBL - Demoskinos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... interesting post. Surprised
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:

I don't care what anybody says, I agree with what you said here. There is just no way to sugarcoat this to make Hayashi looks like the good, innocent little guy who is better at everything. Thank you for speaking the truth, Takehaniyasubiko.

Hayashi is clearly miffed at Itagaki and it shows through in those comments in his final blog post. He's clearly taking a stab at Itagaki as a person. On the other hand Itagaki spoke about the work itself. He simply said "Sigma 1 was no good" due to not having any evolution whatsoever for a next gen console game. He said he had no involvement in the Sigma port, but rather someone "took what he directed and added toppings on" which were a little out of place, resulting in "a weird chimera of a game." Those were his exact words in the quotation marks and they are easily found via Google. He spoke what he thought about the work, not Hayashi as a person.

Regardless of Itagaki knowing Hayashi was married recently -- that doesn't necessarily confirm they even speak to each other personally, so it's irrelevant. It's also worth mentioning that Itagaki and Matsui are listed over Hayashi in the NGB credits, so Hayashi does not get credit for that being what it was any more than they do.

People need to let these guys have their squabbles. NG is what we should really care about more, not defending a guy just because he comes along and makes ports to consoles that Itagaki's Team Ninja would not have. Other than the Arcade, NES, Mega Drive, and Gameboy NG games, the games we're playing were all made under Itagaki's direction. With NG2's vast advancements over the NGO/B/S combat engine, it's interesting how Yosuke Hayashi had no involvement with it whatsoever. Just like with NGO and NGB, that's Itagaki and Matsui's names as the Chief Directors and Producers once again.

It's easy to come along and try cleaning up after someone. But I so look forward to the next NG game. It will prove a lot beyond all the talking. Sometimes it's good to have that main person there to guide the talent. It also helps when that person has a talented right hand guy like Matsui around. Hayashi has to someday prove himself with directing a game from scratch just like Itagaki had to. When he does, then we can make a call on whether he's better or not, or if his comments are even worth anything at all. Like him or not, Itagaki's projects are the reason we're even here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: