ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Official NGS2 General info thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 154, 155, 156  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really torn about this.
In one way I'm hoping that this game will be successful so that NG3 will be made.
In another I'm almost hoping that this game will bomb so that the franchise will be taken way from Hayashi's hand.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma 2 is just a port for PS3 owners. Maybe Hayashi want to offer these people something different. Another experience of NG2. Xbox 360 owners will never get this game so they still can enjoy their own "ultimate" Ninja Gaiden.

Quote:
I also know people have raged about the intercept feature for years. But sadly these games will never meet our full tastes because we all like different things.

I don't think there will ever be a truly definitive ninja gaiden but I will enjoy this game with what it has to offer me.

Post of the year *cheers*

Personally I'm looking forward to NGS2 even without some stuff from NG2. Its a game for PS3 owners and some of them dont even know how NG2 plays.

Hayashi tried something different with NGS2 and now the fans (who own both games) can decide which game is better, NG2 or SIGMA 2. Maybe thats the meaning of "we let the fans decide".
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu, enough with Ayane spamming or I'll start to show yaoi pics of RyuxHayate. ;P

But seriously, your picfest just showed what Pachinko wrote so there was no real need for it. We all know how DOAs look like, although I won't agree that DOA3 didn't look awesome as an Xbox starter. It did, in fact - it still looks incredible. It was a big upragade to the DOA2 engine, they've made it up to directx8 standards, models were much more detailed, as were textures and physics (but again, it's restating of Pachinko's words).

As for Hayashi. The guy started his TN career around DOAX time. He was the project lead for Black so he knew a thing or two by the time he started remaking NG1 on PS3. He is not an idiot or anything like that but he has problems. He doesn't seem sincere about his love for NG. Itagaki was crazy about ninja, he loved that franchise, he was very involved in it. Hayashi seems like a guy who thinks only about the cash and his PR crap is proving that. When you watch interviews with Hayashi, you can see his lying, you don't fell his love for this work. It's more of a forced labour for him, really. I'm concerned about the future of this franchise because the current TN seems to have lost its soul.
Quote:
Its a game for PS3 owners and some of them dont even know how NG2 plays.

B.S. Sure, some PS3 owners that don't know the series will buy NGS2 but the sweet irony of this remake is that it will be bought mostly by people who played NG2. Laughing
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also know people have raged about the intercept feature for years. But sadly these games will never meet our full tastes because we all like different things.

I don't think there will ever be a truly definitive ninja gaiden but I will enjoy this game with what it has to offer me.

I agree for sure.
Every fan has their own way of thinking of a WOW NG, and its extremely hard to please everyone and that should be obvious.

All we can do is hope for the best for NG so TN wont do something incredibly franchise killing, and so far I havent seen that yet and my standard is different, and to be honest its close to Female Tengu's and Primal Demon, and I am glad because I am still looking forward to NGS2, ALOT!

If only these guys could add custom music, god Razz

I want Burn Away and Vanished Memories music when I am playing.

But NGS2 is still the definite NG, because it is the latest, it is offering much more content than any NG before it. It has some issues for sure, but in terms of content its still the definite NG.

It's kind of like a Collectors Edition of a DVD for a movie.

You got the regular movie there, but you also have the extended version.
The regular is what you saw in theaters, the extended however shows much more scenes that you couldnt see and was deleted.
Now when you watch the extended, you might think those scenes are bad, but some people will think those were good and worth the purchase.
It doesn't matter if you liked it or not, it is still there and it is the full version with all its scenes.

With additional directors commentary, trailers...etc. the package if you will, you get the point.

Samething here.
NGS2 has stuff that most people like, but also most people don't like, but it is still the definite version of NGS2 no matter how you look at it.

But you can either take the regular "DVD" (NG2) or get the "collectors edtion" with all contents (NGS2) or you just don't buy it or wait for a cheaper one or just avoid it completely.

PS3 only owners will always get the definite version because they cant access NG2, but they will see it as a good thing because they PROBABLY havent experienced a full version of NG2 of their own, and videos clearly doesn't do justice for it and PS3 only owners deserved a sequal to NGS considering they really wanted it (from what I read in the forums).

But those with a 360 and PS3 has a choice to take whatever, some will buy both (hardcore fans that will take everything) or those who like the franchise but is either unsure or just dont care much for a double purchase.

Sorry for the long post, but this is all my personal opinion.
ZimpanX
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: Mezziaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally agree with you Sath.

Except I can't really recall a good Collector's Edition/Director's Cut version of a movie/game or whatever with stuff taken out that was found in the regular version in this case the completely optional ToVs, and the IS and most importantly the WS that has always been there from the start.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the above gentleman said.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to fill in everyone.

Someone says you actually have to beat the mode for the costume. Doesn't bother me really but sorry to those who wanted shortcuts.
ZimpanX
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: Mezziaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are saying we are forced to play on Acolyte if we want all the costumes? Well how lovely...
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SHOULD start complaining further about Hayashi's stupid decisions... but I'm not gonna bother anymore.
Hayashi, you are scum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same goes for the trophies as well. Someone already finished the game on warrior but is missing some costumes and a trophy. Not bothered about the trophies but yes if you want all costumes you must finish acolyte as well.

I'm working my up I've decided. Wink
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad, Hayashi! Bad, bad!
Barrikade
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of these changes just make no sense! Ah well, at least we still have Ninja Gaiden Black.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone reported lag with Co-op.
I'm just gonna remain optimistic and hope it's just a case of him having a bad connection.
Still...
New Team Ninja -> Toast <- Me

gulliver49
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that there is no game, let alone a NG game that will please everyone, but a game should at least try to please the majority. NGB didn't have somethings NGO had, but it was pretty close to being perfect.

I mean, go to any board on t he internet, and you'll see people complaining about the purple mist. Now, is it so hard to change the color to red in the options menu?

The purple mist is the biggest complaint I've seen and I understand that some people want more out of NGS2, but at least follow what the majority of people want!

Instead we got that Six-Axis support and a path finder when you hold down the R1 button Rolling Eyes Who asked for these things!?
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How lovely, it's going down the gutter already, when it's mainly fans that play it. I can only imagine what will happen when all those consumers will start to play it and hate it for all those stupid design choices...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 154, 155, 156  Next
Page 75 of 156

Jump to: