ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Demo impressions! (EU/US demo is up! *EU uncensored!*)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure when I'll get the review copy to be honest. They just went out yesterday. Honestly a full-on review is a lot of work and if I don't get it by Monday I likely will refuse delivery on it so it goes back. If I'm only going to have one day prior to retail (which I work my main job on) then I won't review the game. If I get it tomorrow/today, I will do a full write-up and post the things here you guys have been asking. Otherwise I'll get it Tuesday and save myself a lot of work and just be able to enjoy the game.
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unpolished and done cheap my foot. Not liking the art direction is one thing, but to call the effort cheap is nonsensical.

You are nonsensical to call chapters like Moscow or the jungle good. They are done cheaply, as many things in NGII/NGS2. It's not about the art-direction and many people pointed this issue out. You are delusional if you think that everything with NGII/NGS2 went right.

Neo Tokyo, Hayabusa village and Hell-like levles look good but the rest wasn't done with so much attention to details and with so much effort given into them. You can almost feel as if you're playing a PS2 game while in Moscow, some elements of New York are also extremely bland, Venice looks like a decoration from a low-budget TV movie. It goes on with the jungle, the caves, Daedalus is pathetic from the inside... Stop defending badly made elements with "art-direction" talk. That's not the point.

As for the technicals. Bayonetta looks far more advanced and there are no tearing issues reported even in the earlier builds, not to mention better framerate. TN is out of the league this gen and they really need to learn since they not going to last again the competition if things continue like this. This is a fanboys forum so by reading it one can think that everything is OK but you'll mark my words when Sigma 2 sells bad.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bayonetta's 360 version, maybe. PS3...not so much in the technical prowess department.

Stop starting up little squabbles in every thread. We get that you don't like NG2 or apparently Sigma 2. Now shut up about it. I'm already not the nicest guy in the world, but petty keyboard commandos really annoy the crap out of me.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma 2 will definitely sell the same or more, why do you think they changed the gore to what it is now.
More accessability with its changes of the AI and cheapness and to not put people off with the gore with disgust, yes, some people don't like gore at all or they like both or don't care much.

Add the much extra contents and female characters so female gamers can get into it (I know 2 gamer girls that is getting this game soley on the girls, mainly Ayane because they played DOA games).

So yeah, it will probably sell the same, or more.

As I said about the companies and engine, different companies, different experiences.

Yes, TN is lacking this gen while Capcom is ahead, by quite alot with their engine.
I am sure we all like TN to make a new engine, that looks good and runs good.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the problem - it will sell more-or-less the same as NGII and NGII's sales weren't that satisfying. Otherwise they wouldn't be so desperate about changes now. TN did all these changes to make the game more accessible, they've clearly wanted to approach a broader audience but the problem is that this series is very hermetic and I don't believe they will convince that many people even with all those changes, especially if there are still things lacking. If the game was scored like crazy and there was much hype around - maybe more people would get into it. As it is today, I highly doubt they will succeed.

When you look at all those NGS2 articles, comments to TN's PS blog entries, news about it, the overall reception in the net, you'll see that there's not that much of interest. Most of time, it's long-time gamers that know the series and bought the previous games that talk about it.
Quote:
Bayonetta's 360 version, maybe. PS3...not so much in the technical prowess department.

But what does it change, especially since it's not Platinum Games that work on the PS3 code?
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is targeted for PS3 owners who bought NGS and wanted a sequal.
This is not for the people who bought NG2 and not NGS or dont even own a PS3.

But those who own a PS3 and a 360 and played NG2, then thats a decision they have to make, if this is worth the oh so called "double dip" or not, unless you are a hardcore NG fan from the get go, like me for example.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This game is targeted for PS3 owners who bought NGS and wanted a sequal.

Theoretically.

Hayashi said many times that NGS2 was made because of NGII player's feedback - how stupid is that? X360 owners gave them feedback and they've decided to make a PS3 game to please them? There's something behind the scene we're not being told. Something went wrong between Tecmo and Microsoft and Hayashi was lucky with his PS3-knowing staff, especially after that whole court drama with Itagaki and other Tecmo employees.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
X360 owners gave them feedback and they've decided to make a PS3 game to please them?

It was given that NGS would be given a sequal for the PS3 owners no matter how NG2 turned out.

To make NGS2 better they saw all the feedback they got from NG2 just so they wouldnt make the same bad decisions again. So yeah, 360 owners did give feedback, but it was Itagaki's fault for not making the time and polish for the game, shockingly.

Now I dont know if it was his limited time on Tecmo or MS pushed TN to release quickly, its a mysery and thats something we shouldnt get into.

Quote:
There's something behind the scene we're not being told.

And lets keep it that way because this has been discussed many many times, no need for this again, atleast I won't be involved with it because its non of my busniess.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is your business because you're a NG fan. You may not realize this but if something goes wrong in the future (like, say, Dynast Warriors: Ninja Gaiden), you can be certain that it's directly connected to last year's drama that went on in Tecmo.

Anyway, do you guys even think about the next project of Itagaki? Please bear in mind that he is working with many TN members, despite what Hayashi is saying. For example - the guy that created animation in NG1 is with him. I'm extremely curious what they'll come up with.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what I should worry about or not.
Why should I worry on something that I can't do anything about it.
I for one go with the flow and hope for the best until I see it or experience the changes they have done for myself.
But as a fan of NG, I know what will break the game, and that is the combat, moves, polishness, weaponst. Without those, NG would be another hack and slash just with ninjas.

Sometimes what you see isn't what it seems like.

I am a fan of NG, it is in my blood veins ever since NES, but I am not picky, I am open minded for evolvement to the franchise, more options.
But I also TRY not to judge as much or nitpick the hell out of it in very advance until I know for sure what they are getting at or what I experience from it.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good but when things start to change so drastically as they did in Tecmo, you can't be surprised that people are negative about the new face of TN. It's not like they've only changed their head. Everything was restructured and that merge with KOEI only complicated the situation, making it all very gloomy with a DW cross-over perspective.

It's like when Team Silent ceased to exist but Silent Hill games were still made and fans were positive they will receive great games. It took them many years to see that KONAMI is just raping the franchise with crappy games but they did realize it. I hope it won't be the case with NG games but if it is, the worst thing a fan of former TN games can do is to support the usurpers.

Sigma 2 is a better version of NGII but what would happen if they were making a new NG (especially since even NGS2 has some stupid design choices)? They've only expanded on what the previous TN did. We should be cautions about the future of this series because if fans will stay silent and just wait for a new NG, it may be too late.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TN did. We should be cautions about the future of this series because if fans will stay silent and just wait for a new NG, it may be too late.

I do agree with this one, but I am one person who don't write off a game when I know the franchise very well.

But yeah if i saw it was changing drastically to the WRONG side from my own opinion then thats a problem.
so far nothing game breaking, only thing is what Rytango said about the projectiles now, thats my only problem that is BS.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, let's just wait for the game, it's only a ~week now. I am sure we all will revise our opinion one way or another after playing it.

PEACE.

MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:

You are nonsensical to call chapters like Moscow or the jungle good. They are done cheaply, as many things in NGII/NGS2. It's not about the art-direction and many people pointed this issue out. You are delusional if you think that everything with NGII/NGS2 went right.

Funny that I didn't say anything like that, in fact, I still prefer NGB and NGS. If you're going to put words in people's mouth, make sure you have a solid ground. I was merely referring to the art direction, and no, they were not done cheaply. Layout and design wise, chapter 9 was a disaster but it wasn't ugly by any means (except for the caves)

Quote:
As for the technicals. Bayonetta looks far more advanced and there are no tearing issues reported even in the earlier builds, not to mention better framerate. TN is out of the league this gen and they really need to learn since they not going to last again the competition if things continue like this. This is a fanboys forum so by reading it one can think that everything is OK but you'll mark my words when Sigma 2 sells bad.

And Platinum has the backing of a much bigger company, and they've been developing the game for a longer period than either NGII version (it's a fact, not something I'm pulling out of nowhere like yourself). I love Kamiya's games, but he's not one to stick to deadlines and some efforts like Okami drain budgets like crazy. But great, wait for that game and keep quiet.

Who the hell said everything is fine? We only have demo of a very old build.

Last edited by MSX2 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSX2, you just didn't need to comment back you know, dont drag something that you dont want to be dragged too much, just edit your post about something else Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: