ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Just started NGS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Just started NGS Reply with quote

Well I got a PS3 about a month ago and figured I'd check out Sigma. I'm actually impressed with Rachel's gameplay. Just finished her first level and playing as her is quite enjoyable, contrary to what many led me to believe. She's not Ryu, that's for sure, which is a nice change-up. Her counters (and the fact that you can either behead weaker enemies or do an OL ET or UT) are a lot of fun and with the signature NG roll-jump-roll she's actually just slightly slower than Ryu.

I will say that the game seems quite a bit easier than NGB to me but I am only making my first run on Normal. Too many save points and giving you Flying Swallow in the first level makes things a bit too easy.

My only complaint, and it's a big complaint, is the damn loading. It happens in the middle of combat a little too often for my tastes. Loading is generally pretty fast after I did the optional install, but damn is it ever omnipresent. Ah well.

Enjoying it so far. With the few hours I get during my work week and my days off I plan to polish off MN well in advance of NGS2.

As an aside, is it just me, or is the dead zone on the PS3 analog stick way too big? I don't feel like I have the same degree of control over Ryu's rolls.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me in due time you'll get used to the New controller blues. I felt it with all my new consoles. >.>

It's a good I idea to train for NGS2. I should get my Lazy ass around to doing it.
As far as Rachel goes she could've been more fleshed out.

My biggest issue with Sigma and every NG is everytime they added one thing, they took out another. New costumes- no consecutive play.

I was so pleased NG2 had consecutive play. I like to keep what I earn, thank you. Beyond the increased visuals NGS lacked unlockables. N CP and only two costumes. Mission mode never tickled my fancy, so I found no reason to go through NG again. Trust me, for what it's worth, you'll enjoy it. Can I add you homeslice?
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add me if you agree to never call me 'homeslice' again. Bizarre.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
You can add me if you agree to never call me 'homeslice' again. Bizarre.
(Disapointed) Agreed. My cousin used to call me that by the way.

If you get to MN tell me how it is, K? Enjoy yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: