ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Press release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Press release Reply with quote

PREPARE TO UNLEASH YOUR INNER NINJA IN
TECMO'S NINJA GAIDEN® SIGMA 2

LAUNCHING SEPTEMBER 29 FOR THE PLAYSTATION®3
COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

Exclusive Pre-Order and Collector's Edition Package Available at GameStop

Torrance, Calif., July 27h, 2009 - The most intense, challenging, action-packed ninja adventure is back and arriving exclusively on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system this fall. The latest installment in the critically acclaimed series, NINJA GAIDEN® SIGMA 2, will be launching September 29, 2009 in North America, followed by Japan and Europe.

Developed by Tecmo's own Team NINJA, the NINJA GAIDEN series follows the adventures of super ninja Ryu Hayabusa throughout the world. The series has earned high praise and a loyal following amongst core fans, as well as action gamers alike. Released in July 2007, NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA was the first in the series to land on the PLAYSTATION 3 system. From playability, visual presentation, to sound, the game received excellent scores all around.

NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 takes the series further with the introduction of an all-new Team Missions online co-op mode and Chapter Challenge mode, multiple playable characters, large weapon variety, "Ninja Record" player stat system, a prologue comic with voice-overs and more. Encapsulating these features into one package makes NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 not only the most challenging and addictive action game, but also the most definitive version of the series to date.

A special Collector's Edition will be available exclusively at GameStop retailers nationwide and Canada. The Collector's Edition includes an 80-page book featuring:

* A 30-page Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 prologue comic written and designed by Team NINJA. The comic is a printed version of the in-game digital comic.
* Mini-Strategy Guide: A starter guide covering Ryu, Ayane, Momiji, and Rachel's weapons, ninpos, Story Mode basics, Team Missions and more
* Art Gallery: A peek at various character concept artwork
* Commentary from Team NINJA producer Yosuke Hayashi and the team's lead artists

In addition, consumers who pre-order NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 at GameStop will receive an exclusive downloadable costume available through the PlayStation®Network.

Story
As super ninja Ryu Hayabusa, you roam the world and hunt down the Demon Statue that was stolen by the Black Spider Ninja Clan to prevent the resurrection of the evil Archfiend. From Tokyo to New York, follow Ryu as he encounters vicious enemies and acquires an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry along the way.

Game Features

* New Playable Characters: Ninja Gaiden's Rachel, Ayane from the Dead or Alive series and Momiji from Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword appear as sexy new playable characters
* Team Missions mode (Co-op): Two players can engage in online co-op play with voice chat in more than 30 different missions. View and record your play through "Ninja Cinema" and share your Cinema and Mission results via PlayStation Network
* Chapter Challenge mode: Master your favorite chapter and compete against others for the top Karma points
* Ninja Record: View your complete stats for every mode played, number of enemies defeated, drops and throws, combos, rescues, character usage rate and more
* Rewards: Over 50 trophies to earn throughout the game and a dozen unlockable costumes. Weapons acquired can be leveled up to strengthen their power and gain new battle techniques.
* Visual Diversity: Over 30 unique characters, 17 stages with a variety of environments, and a storyline which unfolds in 70 impressive cut-scenes
* Variable AI: Contributing to the increased difficulty level, the gameplay differs each time you appear in a level as enemies engage in a variety of different actions as they assess the current situation
* Gameplay Innovation: A finishing blow system can be used in battle to quickly defeat an enemy in one dynamic action

More information on the title is available at www.ninjagaidengame.com.

NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 is rated "M" (Mature) by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) and will carry a suggested retail price of US $59.99 (Collector's Edition US $69.99).

About Tecmo
Tecmo Inc. is a global developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Torrance, California. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of TECMO, LTD., headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive®, Ninja Gaiden®, Tecmo Bowl® and Fatal Frame® series. On April 1, 2009, TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD was established as a result of the TECMO, LTD. and KOEI Co., Ltd. merger. More information on TECMO can be found at www.tecmogames.com.

Ninja Gaiden® Sigma 2, © 2009 Tecmo, LTD. Ninja Gaiden and Tecmo are registered trademarks of Tecmo, LTD. Team NINJA and the Team NINJA logo are trademarks of Tecmo, LTD. "PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.
###

GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE - NGS2 COLLECTOR'S EDITION

A special Collector's Edition will be available exclusively at GameStop retailers nationwide and Canada. The Collector's Edition includes an 80-page book featuring:

* A 30-page Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 prologue comic written and designed by Team NINJA. The comic is a printed version of the in-game digital comic.
* Mini-Strategy Guide: A starter guide covering Ryu, Ayane, Momiji, and Rachel's weapons, ninpos, Story Mode basics, Team Missions and more
* Art Gallery: A peek at various character concept artwork
* Commentary from Team NINJA producer Yosuke Hayashi and the team's lead artists
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took out the pictures since I didn't feel like uploading them to photobucket Razz. Interesting that it says a dozen costumes, when previous count would have been 10...
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do they mean with "nation wide"?
As in every GAMESTOP in the world or US and Canada only?

And most dissapointed one...US gets it 2-3 days early while JP and EU gets it later? whatever.

JP is obviously getting it October 1st, then when is EU getting it?
Why is it that they can't give EU a solid set on stone release date while JP and US gets one?

PS. This really didn't need a new thread you know, you have 2 perfect threads to put this there.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make a new thread when I have an update, since most people here, in case you didn't notice, lurk and only check new threads, not actually take part in discussions.

In any case, "nationwide" always refers to the US in press releases from the US.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
I make a new thread when I have an update, since most people here, in case you didn't notice, lurk and only check new threads, not actually take part in discussions.

In any case, "nationwide" always refers to the US in press releases from the US.

Fair enough, continue then Smile

TN has really pissing me off lately with this gen.
Why havent they said when EU will get it, what gives?
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:

Clearly not part of the US, but Canada gets games on the same dates. Sometimes faster if the suppliers get their merchandise earlier. About 10 years ago, some publishers shipped games two or three days later.

Anyway, call it a hunch, but I think the Sept 25th placeholder for Europe is the real one. Going by the fact that the Euro press got their hands on the post-E3 demo quicker alongside the obligatory press kit, I can only assume that Sigma sold best there like all PS3 games.

The last time this happened was with Silent Hill 3 in 2004. IIRC, Europe got it months earlier than either Japan or the US.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they said JP and EU is later, so there is no chance of EU getting it before US.
*idiots* Cry Baby

Last edited by Sath on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, we can finally select single chapters? amazing lol

I really hate this "exclusive download" crap. I want ALL costumes.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
omg, we can finally select single chapters? amazing lol

I really hate this "exclusive download" crap. I want ALL costumes.

Agreed.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed then!

October 2nd for EU!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-for-september
Quote:
Tecmo KOEI has just this minute confirmed the European Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 date as 2nd October.

Tecmo KOEI plans to unleash Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 across the US from 29th September.

Okay 3 DAYS later, I am okay with that. Usually EU gets shafted with weeks or months, 3 days is okay.

Now just give me the damn CE and I am good to go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: