ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NGS2's Difficulty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: NGS2's Difficulty Reply with quote

Before I even go into what I'm about to say about NG2's difficulty I'd like to say that I've beaten every NG on it's hardest difficulty, and I'm currently finishing up MN in NGS.

You'll also have to excuse my lack of knowledge about things regarding NGS2, brohams.
Are they doing somethinmg about the difficulty in NGS2? I died more times in NG2's MN than in all four difficulties in black.

That being said, I've never been able to truely enjoy NG2. Every encounter was desperate struggle not to get hit by to many exploding Kunai!
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody knows how the difficulty will be like in NGS2 until all of us experience all of them when the full game is out and see it as a whole.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope they donít mess up the difficulty in NGS2 cos itís the only thing thatís been constant in the NG games right from the NES and Iíve seen reviews of game where they use NGs difficulty as a yard stick and NGs the only game out there that had by design and not fault and if the they drop the difficulty in NGS2 then the NG we know and love is no more

one of the most amazing thing in NG2 was to fight like 12+ ninjas at onceand come out on top but with oly half a centemeter of life remaingag and looking around at all the bodies on the flooar and all the blood and then to see Ryu swing his sword to get rid of the blood and the helth comes back and your sat there thinkin how did i just suvive that and thats when it hist you

IMMORTALITY!

i loved the difficulty gametrailers.com all so said that "the Ninja Gaiden series endures as one of gamingís ultimate challenges" the series came in third of the countdown of the most difficult games of all time
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-ten-gt-countdown/38283
Ikaruga is amazing
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can they mess with NGS2 difficulty when you havent experienced it?

I dont want another NG2 difficulty, meaning +12 enemies with spams. And from what I have seen is that the game is going to be like the first NG were a few like 3-6 or so enemies will come at you, which I am fine with that.
Dont want another cluster on screen with tons of spamming and offscreen attacks.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Excuse me, but I don't really get what your saying, Sath.

I find myself agreeing more with sath here. Three to six enemies is far better and more refined than 12 and above. Especially when it causes slow downs and difficulty inconsistencies.
No I don't want it easy, but I do want it to be more likes NGB and NGS. In NGB and sigma death could be credited to your own mistakes almost 90% of the time.
That is not the case in NG2. My biggest hope for NG2 is better balance in terms of difficulty, so that I can finally concentrate on the battle and enjoy it.

BTW what's your PsN is you mind me asking?
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant is, they have only showed demos of the game so far, and saying "don't mess with the difficulty", we don't know how the difficulty has been tangled with until we experience the game.

It's like before NG2 was released.
We saw demos and and videos and we said "wow it looks great" and such. We knew NG games were hard, but then the game came out.
The game was hard indeed, but the cheapness made it hard, not in a loyal NG hard like NG1 was.

So we should experience the difficulty we desire in NGS2 once the game comes out to see how it stacks up in rank between NG1 and NG2, so saying "don't mess with it" doesn't make much sense considering we don't know how they have been changed.

But one thing is for sure. Having less enemies on screen and not hordes makes it more like NG1 than NG2, that alone could be a hint that the difficulty isn't cheap...on regular enemies, not bosses.

My PSN is ISathI
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

I dont want another NG2 difficulty, meaning +12 enemies with spams. And from what I have seen is that the game is going to be like the first NG were a few like 3-6 or so enemies will come at you, which I am fine with that.
Dont want another cluster on screen with tons of spamming and offscreen attacks.

i said "i hope they donít mess up the difficulty" not that their going to mess it up or that they have messed it up and your statement "How can they mess with NGS2 difficulty when you havenít experienced it?" doesnít really work
but any way i donít think that dropping the enemy count is the only option cos enemies like the ninjas the ones in green and that have swords r not that hard to cut down so they could keep the same amount of enemies but make them a little weaker. looking at places like where u fight the werewolves they could drop the enemy count but i donít well have to see when it comes out and like i said i hope they donít mess up the difficulty

Last edited by mohsin117 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
Sath wrote:

i said "i hope they donít mess up the difficulty" not that their going to mess it up or that they have messed it up and your statement "How can they mess with NGS2 difficulty when you havenít experienced it?" doesnít really work

Aha, now I understand what you mean.

Well the game shouldn't have hordes again because having what NG2 offered the AI isn't like the rest of the titles were one attacks and the rest looks. NGs AI, most of the enmies attack at the same time, so having hordes, spams would happen.

Ah well, the discussion about this could go on forever, and what we are doing are re-saying what we have in the past, nothing much to say anything until the game comes out, or atleast a demo in September.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: