ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

My issue with NG sigma II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: My issue with NG sigma II Reply with quote

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've posted here, but now that I have a ps3 I've been using the brower to go about my internet needs. ^^

The reason I created this thread was to see if anyone had any information of a particular question... That question being: Will there be any feature along the lines of chapter select presented to the player?

I know, I know, don't knock somethin' till you try it, but after playing NGS and being interupted by the clunky forced gameplay of Rachel got to me.
I've always liked to tough it out alone in a sense.

Oh, this is kind of the same question, but will the characters be all apart of one big game of will they be selectable? I'm hoping for the best! >.>
One more thing... Maybe it's my eyes but NGS2 don't look all that good. -_-
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there will be chapter select and you'll probably be forced to play as all the characters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
I don't think there will be chapter select and you'll probably be forced to play as all the characters.

Yep seems like that is how it will be done. But then again, Rachel sucks, period.
Ayane and Momiji and Ryu are the ones that is going to be fun to play as.

After all these years of NG, I do get tired of playing as Ryu sometimes so Ayane and Momiji are welcomed in my opinion. But it depends on the mood and style I am in, I will pick that certain character, in mission mode.

BringerofChaos
It looks great, better than NG2 and its actually 720p native unlike NG2 being 568p.
Sharper colors, textures, clothing details, skin on the character looks better, character detail is just much better than NG2for sure.
So no, it doesnt look bad.

PS. Congratulations with buying a PS3 Wink
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bad feeling about this game, like I said before. Hayashi was supposed to be all gameplay, no crap talk. But he talks crap all the time. There are reports of him bullshiting on that Tecmo Koei shows in England and to be honest, he's starting to be even worse than Itagaki. I feel we will be left with nothing but empty promises.

New characters? Oh, please... All characters are known, and at least one of them sucks totally (maybe even literally...) and it looks as if they are going through Ryuís levels in reverse (sic!). Co-op play? Sounds great but seems forcedÖ and I canít really believe that they were able to make a good co-op mode in a year. It seems that they just tacked it on for the sake of having an ďonline gameĒ.

NGS2 sure looks better than NGII but it doesnít look that good and it may turn out to be a cheap move to milk money out of fans. I canít see non-fans buying this game Ė just looking at Rachel makes you wanna puke and if you donít know the series, it looks as if this game is just a laughable crap that was made solely for stupid teenagers that think only about sex.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NGS2 is for PS3 users ONLY, not for those who bought NG2 on 360.
Those who don't own a 360 and has a PS3 wanted another NGS and this is what they got, simple as that.

I don't think Hayashi is talking bullshit at all, not compared to Itagaki while he kept saying "best game on the best console, NG2 will offer anything a NG fan wants" thats bullshit not what Hayashi has said.

He just said he will let the game talk for itself and every gamer has its own standards on what is good and bad,and Hayashi is trying to deliver as best as he can in NGS2 for PS3 owners (only).

This is NG2 at core and nothing more. The added extras are a blessing, hell, its better than getting nothing compared to NG2, so give Hayashi a break.

I am not saying NGS2 will deliver the best NG ever, but it sure as hell will probably be better than NG2, and I want a PROPER "NG2" title that I didn't get from the 360 version.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen some issues from NGS2, but they aren't gamebreakers to say "ah crap,its probably gonna suck".
But when I play it and experience how good or bad those issues is, thats when I say "it sucks" or maybe say "ah its good".

By NEW characters, means NEW characters in NGS2 as playables. Rachel is back even though she wasen't in NG2. Ayane is now playable for the FIRST time in NG universe, and now Momiji in 3D NG.

Now about the reverse levels, I kind of don't like that. DMC4 did that and i hated that, but then again, nothing changed in that game.
But if they add same levels, different locations and just touch them up a bit with new design and enemy so they aren't exactly the same, I don't mind.
But then again, after I play SP for a few times, mission mode is where NG titles have their replayability.

About the online, I don't see it being tacked on. I have been in alot of NG forums and fans of NG kept speculating on how cool a 2 player co-op in mission mode would be like, so this is kind of a "a long time wishlist fan service".
I just hope the online system on how to find rooms, weapons, lag, layout...etc. is polished enough to be easy to access.
And of course, I hope they add some sort of a co-op ninpo in real-time like the GDC trailer showed.

Besides, Ayane was in DOA FIRST before NG, you seriously think NG is about sex? Rachel maybe, but every non-horny gamer knows she sucks.
But Ayane and Momiji are perfect, especially the hardcore Ayane fans all these years will be happy,and Momiji is piocking up some fans lately.

Even though I played NG2 alot and know all of its issues and problems, I hope Hayashi comes through with NGS2 as a proper last NG until a few years later for another one.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

PS. Congratulations with buying a PS3 Wink
Thanks man! ^^

In light of what you said I went my behind to youtube to finds some videos, and I must say it does look crisper even on my bootleg TV. I'm not saying it's a huge overhaul, but it is a very noticable change. Marbus looks very Sigma-ish. xD To tell you the truth I don't really care for momoji all that much. I never even played Dragon sword. Ayane is llike meh to me in the Grand scale of things. Believe it or not I'm looking forward to Rachel more than anyone else! Mainly to see what happeded to Alma and if they made her gameplay smoother.

I just hope they really put allot of work into Ayane and Rachal so that they won't feel tacked on from another game.

Is there any news of a Demo in the works?
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayane, Rachel and Momiji won't be as fleshed out as Ryu in the movelist, atleast thats what I get from the footages.
As long as they give the girls more than one primary weapons, it won't be repeated and it will be fun to use them, with atleast more than one weapon.

And the demo, TECMO announced a demo is officially coming to PSN this September Wink
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think Hayashi is talking bullshit at all [...] He just said he will let the game talk for itself and every gamer has its own standards on what is good and bad,and Hayashi is trying to deliver as best as he can in NGS2 for PS3 owners (only).

He said that the game will speak for itself at the beginning and I was referring to that so there's no need to speak the obvious. What is alarming is what he is saying now Ė he started talking PR crap, pretending that NGS2 is a totally new game and that it will be the best NG game ever. In fact, he is doing exactly the same thing Itagaki was doing. You are a fan and a very ardent one so your posts turn out a little frenetic at times. Itís clear that you simply donít want to see some distrubing facts.

NGS2 will surly be better that NGII but thatís not any sort of an achievement. Weíre getting a rehashed game a year later so they have to make many changes to be noticed by the press and Ė of course Ė the gamers themselves. TN isnít doing anyone a favor by adding something Ė they have to do it since NGII was a flop. It was supposed to be a MGS4 rival and it turned out to be badly accepted by the critics and the gamers. It was only a year ago, people arenít that stupid and TN knows that simply telling the world that they are making a NGII on PS3 wouldnít work. So they say that itís a totally new game, based around NGII story. Even you donít believe them wholly Ė Iím starting to not believe them at all.

Itís painfully obvious that Momiji was playable only in a crappy Nintendo DS game and that Ayane was playable only in DOA games but that doesnít change a thing. Itís still rehashing, especially with Ayane since they have an enormous digital database on her thanks to all those years of work on DOA games. Rachel was already done and it seems that all they did with her was adding a machine gun.

Reverse stages are laughable and changing the placement of save points is in the same league of bullshit. I also donít believe that the camera is fixed. Iím hearing that since 2005 and it always turned out to be lies. You said that yourself, actually.

Co-op is a great idea in theory but how will it look like? Think about it Ė making a solid co-op play is hard and takes time. Theyíve only had a year. I donít believe will see a solid online play. I fear it will be as tacked on as online in the last Ghostbusters game.

To sum it up, all we can say for sure now is that the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Premium Box is awesome. Everything else is Hayashiís words that will be verified in October. Maybe Iím wrong and Hayashi isnít bullshitng with all those praises about NGS2 but if he is, then TN will make their last dick move as far as I am concerned. I hope for the best but if it turns out bad, then I will have no more sympathy and respect for TN anymore.

On, and yes - there's too much cheap reducing of woman beauty to sex in this game. I know this is TN but this isn't Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball so why only girls with outfits that show more than they cover, and what about that stupid post Hayashi made on US PS Blog ("How much sexier can a female ninja get?")? This will backfire at them...
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree at some parts of what you said, and some parts I don't.
But it's okay, we have different ways of seeing games and its content and thats how it works Smile
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precisely. I don't see your view as necessarily wrong, I just can't put my full trust into Hayashi's word. I have an ugly feeling that we will get Ryu's quest from 360 with some new boses (Budda Statue, Liberty Statute, that demon from NG1 and maybe some more) but those fights will be as stupid as in NGII since the battle system isn't changed. As for the ladies - I fear we'll get some 1-2 hour bullcrap scenarios. We'll see. It's nice to see NG game being made for PS3 but it may turn out to be another weak NG game.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Ayane, Rachel and Momiji won't be as fleshed out as Ryu in the movelist, atleast thats what I get from the footages.
As long as they give the girls more than one primary weapons, it won't be repeated and it will be fun to use them, with atleast more than one weapon.

And the demo, TECMO announced a demo is officially coming to PSN this September Wink
I appreciated the information allot, thanks! All we can really do is hope for the best, right?
It kinda sucks I spent money on those costumes that I can't use now! xD
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.
Yep, we can only hope for the best, atleast thats how I think like. Sure I am very hyped for the game, but not as hyped when TN started to show NG2 and the full game was "different".

Tecmo is doing a pre-order thing saying that you can pre-order the PREMIUM BOX and get a ORIGINAL costume for Ryu. Meaning a NEW, not something from the past or else it would be "an old favorite costume" or something along those lines.
I hope the costume is out of this world, I would buy it. If its anything I like and see myself use it alot,I will buy it (if I don't get it through pre-order here in EU).

Too bad you can't buy the JP game and use EU game add-ons on it, or else I would buy the Premium Box in a heartbeat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: