ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 E3 news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New images

My anticipated SIGMA2 character, Momiji!

Source: http://www.eurogamer.pt/gallery.php?game_id=11308&article_id=605172

Site updated:
US http://ninjagaidengame.com/ninjaGaiden/top.html
JP http://www.ninjagaiden.jp/ngs2/top.html

I wish they added a new music as BGM from SIGMA 2 on their site, I loved the track that played during Ayane's E3 gameplay level!

Also, you can now move and aim at the same time.
Mesharey
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Mesharey Live

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.famitsu.com/sp/090605_ninjagaiden_sigma2/
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was happy about this annoucment at first but now I'm not so sure. The gameplay footage from E3 looks like crap. Where's Hayate, where's Joe? Why so many boobs? I know this is Team Ninja but come on... It should be fair sex-wise - Ayane-Hayate & Momiji-Joe, or something like that.

Also, the game didn't run well on those E3 vidoes. It seems to suffer from framerate drops and Ayane running animation is pathetic, just like her outfit.

I'll buy this game but I'm worried that it will be half-baked (again...).
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am gonna make this short.

Sigma 2 is a definite version of all RELEASED NGs into one title. Rachel and Momiji was playable, Ayane made more appearences than Joe and Hayate is in DOA universe, not NG. So she has more chance of being playable than Joe, Genshin or Hayate.

Ayane has very good animation in my opinion, Ryu on the other hand has weird one with the arms going outlike he is trying to fly like a chicken Razz

Her outfit is bad, and I rather have her DOA4 ninja outfit (redesigned) or NG1 outfit without the hood on her head.

Don't expect much from Sigma 2 from NG2, it is a rehash with just extra content...enough to seperate NG2 to NGS2.

NG3 is the one we should be worried about, not Sigma 2.

If you have NG2, Sigma 2 can't be possibly worse, it just can get better just with the content coming with it.
NG2 had NO new content...unless you are willing to pay up, with Sigma 2 there is ALOT of new content compared to what NG2 offered.

PS. Sigma 2 seems to be a tad slower from NG2, but I didn't see framerate drops.

We just have to wait for closer released footage, for all we know E3 demo could be old build they slapped on.

Another thing they NEED to fix is the essence orbs.
All of them are in the same size while in previous NGs, size matters with the orbs (except the red ones).

Small, medium and then large, each size obviously changes its value ,but here its smalland its hard to know how it works out.

But like I said, its a E3 demo, and by its closer release date footage it can change, just look at NG2.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that was short, then I'm glad you didn't make it long. If you did, reading it should pay off with an achievement. Razz

Sath wrote:
Rachel and Momiji was playable, Ayane made more appearences than Joe and Hayate is in DOA universe, not NG. So she has more chance of being playable than Joe, Genshin or Hayate.

Isathl, I really like you but you're not smart with this one. NG has the same universe that DOA so the fact that Hayate is from DOA means a lot in the contex of him fitting into the game. The only reason for him not to be included that I can see is that Ryu is considered to be the ultimate ninja and whole game is about him so another super ninja would take his spot. But that's just stupid for Team Ninja. There's no real reason not to include him or any other male character. Spamming boobs is naive and shows that Team Ninja has gone astray with its own style. It's getting distorted now with all those chicks thrown into Sigma 2. It's just too obvious that it's not about Ayane's, Momiji's and Rachel's combat skills but about their boobs and asses. Besides, we all know how Rachel missions ended.

The truth is - with an universe like NG's you can put virtually any character. So why putting only chicks bounteously bestowed by nature? NG isn't played only by sexually unappeased kids.

I don't expect Sigma 2 to be a new NG game. I'm perfectly aware that it's a rehash so you don't need to tell me that. But, since NG2 is so flawed (but still manages to be the best slasher this gen...), I demand from Hayashi and his team that this rehash is done top notch. For now, I can see - since it's clear - that they are adding many bonuses but what about polishing the game itself? I have a bad feeling about it. Ayane's moves in battle looks great, like you said. But her running animation is off and that's really strange. The outfit is also off. Why is that? That's not hard to change. Why can't they see such things? I will also underline here that Ayane's 3D model looks very raw when you look at it closely, further indicating that they really didn't put much effort into details (especially since they didn't have that much time).

I hope for the best, I really like Hayashi and I love Ninja Gaiden in general. The problem is that last years' drama that struck Tecmo seems to have really taken a hugely negative effect on Team Ninja. I just don't feel it's the same team anymore when I look and those Sigma 2 footage. Like I said, the new stuff just looks raw... At least overall it seems more aesthetic than NG2 (essence, the lack of those ugly limbs stuck in the air etc).

Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about Hayate i think he would be a much better character to have as playable cos he is more to the standard of Ryu and i feel playing as the grate Ryu at the beginning of the game and then having to drop down to lower class players like Rachel and Momoiji just doesn’t feel right. and why Hayate wasn’t in the game from day one back in 2004 i never got i remember playing NG for the first time and seeing Ayane in it after seeing her all i waited for in the cut scene was to see Hayate i would have been happy just to see him in the story cos it makes no sense that they didn’t even mention him considering what a high role he plays when it comes to Ryu and Ayane and the NG universe in hole (yes i would say that DOA and NG are both one universe)

but i can see why Team NINIJA didn’t but Hayate in NGS2 i understand that their bringing together every thin in the NG games past and im gassing that in NG3 thy would start fresh and if u look at it that way it makes sense not to bring a new characters in to it.

now bout the E3 demo it didn’t look so impressive it was defiantly a lot slower and less enemies and what’s with the lips disappearing and open wounds are black it really dose feel like a step down and not mentioning that huge loss of blood and the essence really do look like crap and come on let’s face it it’s not like the PS3 can’t take lots of enemies on screen and stuff and Team NINJA did say that this was being done on a new or different engine.

i think Ayane looks good firstly she doesn’t look fat like she did in the cut scene in NG2 and her costume is ok i would have been happier with something that looked a little more tactical as long as it’s not made from leather lol.
but we do have to take in to consideration that she is a DOA girl and that costume that she’s got it true to the ones she has in DOA

ok so i think we do have to start thinking about NG3 i think that Hayashi should start the franchise again and all new NG that includes Hayate and a good story and BRING BACK THE BLOOD but keep the mist cos i think it can be come iconic to the franchise just not in purple it might be nice if the mist changed according to the weapon’s UT so for the Dragon Sword it would be blue and for the Dragon Claw Tiger Fang it would be red and for the Tonfa it would be green

o and Ryu needs a new costume that’s not made from leather and so dose Rachel cos she dressed like she’s going to a freaky sex party i want to see some tactical cool ninja costumes!
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if Hayashi shares the same beliefs as Itagaki but Itagaki said that he didn't want to make this DOA Gaiden. He wanted them to be seen as two seperate franchises. That's why he didn't include Kasumi in the first Ninja Gaiden because he said it would have been all about her. She was going to have her own game, Dead or Alive: Code Chronos, which I assume would have had Hayate aswell since it's about the Mugen Tesnhin Clan. I don't know what is going to happen to that game now that Itagaki is gone.

And there's also Project Progressive. I don't know what that game is about but we do know that it is an action game. What if Hayate is the main character. Then I doubt that they would put him in Ninja Gaiden.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She was going to have her own game, Dead or Alive: Code Chronos, which I assume would have had Hayate aswell since it's about the Mugen Tesnhin Clan.

Quote:
And there's also Project Progressive.

Sadly, they are more concerned with Metroid now... Rolling Eyes

I fear that TN is no more (it wasn't just Itagaki that left)... :<
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to see Hayate in Sigma 2 is through DLC for extra character for co-op and I wish Kasumi and Hayate would show up as DLC, or they surprise us with a crazy surprise info later on, but I doubt it.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
I'm not sure if Hayashi shares the same beliefs as Itagaki but Itagaki said that he didn't want to make this DOA Gaiden. He wanted them to be seen as two seperate franchises. That's why he didn't include Kasumi in the first Ninja Gaiden because he said it would have been all about her. She was going to have her own game, Dead or Alive: Code Chronos, which I assume would have had Hayate aswell since it's about the Mugen Tesnhin Clan. I don't know what is going to happen to that game now that Itagaki is gone.

And there's also Project Progressive. I don't know what that game is about but we do know that it is an action game. What if Hayate is the main character. Then I doubt that they would put him in Ninja Gaiden.

i can understand that Itiagaki doesn’t want to do a DOA Gaiden but the fact remains that Ayane is from DOA and the Ryu that we see in NG post 2004 is from DOA and a lot of DOA fans which i would say outnumber the NG fans play NG and even if he doesn’t want to mix the franchises why not just have Kasumi and Hayate in the story like they had Ayane in the story cos its obvious that the Mugen Tesnhin would have some thing to do when the world comes under attack.
and its sad to say but what Itagaki said means nothing now and we can totally disregard it

you know i don’t want to see Hayate and Kasumi in NGS2 i think it would be best to bring them in to a new NG

and bout Dead or Alive: Code Chronos and the Project ProgressiveTeam NINJA did say that they were working on 3 games so one of them was Metroid Other M i relay hope we see the action RPG about Ayane and Kasumi and from the concept art that they released of that progressive project it looked like it was something completely new it also looked like crap but there’s always a chance that Hayashi takes what they have already done and puts it in to a new game that doesn’t involve the Mugen Tesnhin and what about NG3 he says that he would keep the franchise going but when are we likely to see it in 2 years may be 4?
Since 2004 we’ve had 5 NGs over 5 years

2004 – Ninja Gaiden
2005 - Ninja Gaiden Black
2006 –
2007 – Ninja Gaiden Sigma
2008 – Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
2008 – Ninja Gaiden 2

2009 – Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and its sad to say but what Itagaki said means nothing now and we can totally disregard it

Sadly, Itagaki was always saying things that had nothing to do with reality. Let's be honest - he's a cool guy overall but a big ugly liar at the same time.

As for the next NG - I wouldn't expect anything in the coming 2-3 years. Check the interview with Hayashi on Playstation US blog. He's saying that Sigma 2 is a crowning of NG games that were started on Xbox in 2004 and that the next one will be a true step forward and won't come out so soon.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good decision if you ask me.

I rather have a GOOD NG title and wait 2-4 years for another one that truly steps up again with new stuff, rather remakes each year.

After Sigma 2, they should take a break from NG and come up with cool ideas for NG3, even if it takes 4 years or so until they show it.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I rather have a GOOD NG title and wait 2-4 years for another one that truly steps up again with new stuff, rather remakes each year.

After Sigma 2, they should take a break from NG and come up with cool ideas for NG3, even if it takes 4 years or so until they show it.

Exactly. Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: