ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden Sigma II trailer (2 new characters, co-op?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough with this blood bullshit! It's stupid to talk so much about something so obvious - it's better without that pathetic blood that was in NG2. It looked like crap and was buggy like hell. If you really want to talk about graphical changes, just look at this comparsion shots: http://www.eurogamer.pt/gallery.php?game_id=8481&article_id=493319

There's really a lot of subtle remodeling in NGS2. And, of course, the lighting is far more advanced. PS3 POWAH!
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ridiculous amount of blood in NG2 was too much, but if they do what they did to NGS, I am all for it.
It's just that it doesn't make any sense that limbs dissapear with the mist, or the end of the body part you cut off, its purple...on the human enemies.
I understand if it was a fiend, but not on the humans. I guess I have to have the mentality that I am fighting demons so I don't get bummed about it Razz

About the comparison, both are good in their own right for sure.

The level in PS3 is too dark, and to exagerated colors while on 360 it looks more natural and bright.

In the image with the trees, I like the fact they added alot of falling leafs on the PS3, makes it more atmospheric. However it looks too dark, 360 got more visual effects to it like around the moon and far left by the big building with the smoke.

Like I said, each version has its pros and cons.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's just that it doesn't make any sense that limbs dissapear with the mist

It also doesn't make any sense that a ninja with black leather fetish is wrecking havoc all over the world so... yeah...

As for the pros and cons of the two versions - IMHO, the PS3 version is far better-looking due to the fact that the X360 one is TOO bright and features plain lighting which makes everything look watered-down and flat. Also, don't forget that the PS3 version is most probably going to be far more smoother. We all remember how pathetic the framerate on the X360 is... Mad

Here are two good quotes about this issue.

Quote:
There's a clear improvement for ps3 version in lights, shadows and colors also the pagoda skyscraper has better textures in the first screen and an improvement in particles (there isn't flying foliage in xbox360 screen), textures (look under the bridge) and colors in the second screen.

Quote:
Wow! The PS3 version makes the 360 version look like an unpolished beta.

I really like this statment - so true. Come to think of it, NG2 IS a beta version... for which we payed the retail price. ;/

Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu can wear whatever the hell he wants, he is the star of the show, and a damn good one. But that is not something compared to what I was trying to say.

I personally like the visuals of the Ps3 versions of the screenshots I have seen, its a bit more atmospheric thats all.
I can understand that not having limbs all over the place with so much blood would have better run on the game than NG2 had, but its a bit annoying to wonder where the limb went Razz

I also noticed there was less enemies on screen, this could also mean less enemies on that long stairway before fighting Elizabeth, that was epic, but damn slow.

They over did that part with enemies, but if Hayashi can find a way to mix a good count of many and still have a smooth run on the game, great.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But that is not something compared to what I was trying to say.

I know that but I'm just trying to be a dickhead. On the second thought, I wouldn't agree that Ryu can wear whatever the hell he wants. I wouldn't want to see him in pink panties.

Oh, and one more thing. WHERE THE fvck IS HAYATE!? ENOUGH WITH THE BOOBS!

Quote:
I also noticed there was less enemies on screen, this could also mean less enemies on that long stairway before fighting Elizabeth, that was epic, but damn slow.

Well, we can't say for sure how will it look in the end. This is just showcasing. But I will say this - there's just too much crap going on in NG2, the game is too chaotic on mentor and master ninja. Something must be done about this. At times, it's just a circus, not an action game. And BTW - they've cut the number of enemies on that long stairway in on of the patches.

Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Ryu to wear cool outfits like he did in the original NG with DOA outfit, blue classic ninja outfit...etc. not some Power Rangers colors only, annyoing.

Hayashi did say he would like to support the game after release with DLC, I would say bring Hayate and Kasumi as well, would be the ultimate online co-op package with ninjas from DOA!

And I agree at some point that PS3 looks better, but at some parts, the 360 looks better.
But if it makes the PS3 version to run smooth and at the same time look pretty compared to the 360 version, go for it!

I can say this though, I agree, NG2 looked fvck up chaotic, it was a fvck with blood, limbs, explostions...it covered your eyes.

I do like that Hayashi is going BACK to the clean, sleak look of the game that was in the original NG, it had a special feel to it.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want Ryu to wear cool outfits like he did in the original NG with DOA outfit, blue classic ninja outfit...etc. not some Power Rangers colors only, annyoing.

Yeah, I would go as far as to say that Team Ninja fukced us - the fans - up. Those alternate costumes should be an integral part of the game. Without them, the package is incomplete. And to make things worse, those alterante colors that they did included were awful and not worth the effort.

Quote:
I do like that Hayashi is going BACK to the clean, sleak look of the game that was in the original NG, it had a special feel to it.

You sir, you are a win! The original NG (and also Sigma) is like an Ice Cold Vodka while NG2 is like a Murky Beer.

God damn, I just realised that I don't own Sigma 1. What kind of NG fan am I? Laughing
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL the outfits stinks in NG2, except the Fiend Falcon outfit which I got for free, but the others sucked!

I for one thing liked about the original NG is that it looks clean when you are fighting, it doesn't look like "Gears of Ninjas" or "Dead Ninjas" with tons of blood all over, but there was quite alot anyway.
These days gamers want tons of gore and blood in all their M rated games.
I didn't see them complain over the blood in the original NG and look how that turned out to be.

But lets see how the game turns out. Too bad they couldn't include a proper gameplay walkthrough like Itagaki did with NG2. I think they will do it on E3 in June, hopefully sooner.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing is certain for me - Hayashi knows what he's doing and we really should be greatful to him becasue without him, this series could end up in the hands of some reatards (Dynasty Ninja Warriors Gaiden?), maybe even some M$'s internal team, or maybe it would just die after NG2.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this is the thing, don't praise Hayashi that much because he only modifies something that is already made, but we need to see him to make a whole new game. I can say that he CAN do it because he has been side by side with Itagaki with all NG games except Sigmas.

But I do give him the praise for better controls...one handed backflip (which is not in NGS2 Sad), better water controls that makes the combat more FUN and manageable!

He also added ONE thing that beats the crap out of ALL the gore and blood and outfits...two playable ninja characters in NGS2, Momiji and Ayane and on top of that, online co-op (which I can't wait for it!)

Speaking of online co-op, they are reducing the blood and gore to have a better framerate and a better and smoother game, so I hope their online system is smooth and fast for that mode, would be great.

If you want to add me to PSN for NGS2 online co-op, do so... PSN ID: ISathI
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know that Hayashi didn't make his own game yet and because of it, he can be seen as an imposter, or something like that. But like I was trying to say - with Sigma 1, he's was just starting in the whole game director business and with Sigma 2 he's saving the series. It's not like he don't want to make his own game, it's just that the fate brought him to make two Sigmas in a row. Also, he was saying that Team Ninja with him as a head is working on new IPs and they will show them later so yeah, I think this young blood will make us fans excited.

Itagaki said that he did everyting he could with DOA - so it's a good thing, in a sense, that a new sheriff is the the town (or new head ninja is the dojo, if you prefer).

I've just added you to my XBL friend list but thx for the PSN invitation. It will be a pleasure to play with you in NGS2's co-op.

BTW - THE BACKFLIP OWN3Z! Hello
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, and I believe in Hayashi to make good decision to a good game, or else he would have kept all the blood and gore and have a bad glitchy game and slow.

He did say something about even if Itagaki is gone, they are still Team Ninja at core. I mean The entire Team Ninja helped with all the NGs and DOAs, so they know what they are doing from the past to make good future games.

But anyways, you should remove me from XBL because I don't own a 360 anymore, so its a PS3 only. And it is also a pleasure to go online co-op with you.
I didn't send you a PSN because I don't know your name, but you know mine so add me if you want and I will accept you as soon as I get online.

I am not gonna be surprised that people want to choose Ryu all the time because of more weapons are available to them while Ayane and Momiji is probably not gonna have any other than what they already showed us.

I hope Hayashi adds more weapons to Momiji and Ayane because they are ninjas as well, and ninjas are masters of weapons for close combat. Even Momiji had a sword in DS version.

Let's hope for the best.

PS. I hope you don't get offended Wink but I wanted to know. Seeing your name here, are you japanese?
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, no. I'm from Poland. But hey, that makes us closer due to a war history between our nations. After all, that was all fun and games. Razz
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
Unfortunately, no. I'm from Poland. But hey, that makes us closer due to a war history between our nations. After all, that was all fun and games. Razz

I am from Iran but I have lived in Sweden all my life, so I consider myself a hybrid Razz

Hayashi has added alot of more extras into the visuals, even improved more a tiny bit to Ryus outfit, like buckles and pads...etc. looks a bit more "nicer".

Behind the trees and all that I like how they added more bloom to the lightning, and if they did like they did with NGS that when a enemy grabs you or you do a UT on them, the background gets blurry while you and the enemy looks clear, I loved that effect, I hope that is in because then it means OTs will have the same effect, even with that bad quality.
Bogetsu
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: bogetsu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the new violence style of NGS2. I mean, purple essence covering the real action? Well, that looks good if you're playing as Ayane or Momiji becouse of their beauty but with Ryu? it looks bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: