ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden Sigma II trailer (2 new characters, co-op?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea.
If you don't like the blood not being in it, then you have a problem with the original masterpiece that was Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.

The blood in NG2 was Itagaki's art design vision (that is how I see it), but Hayashi wants to stick to the original formula were it looks clean, slick and stylish, and having seen that, it feels good going back to that.

I agree, the purple needs to be Ayanes, Red for Momiji and blue for Ryu, but whatever, nitpicks aren't my thing Rolling Eyes

Notice how much visual effects have been added to the game after the characters. Momiji's double jump has a white smoke like flame effect behind her.

And a air UT screenshot

Gifs shows increased afterimages...if so, wow nice.

ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the guys at Kotaku says you can co-op in storymode... Maybe they got info wrong?
http://kotaku.com/5182743/sigma-2-to-have-online-co+op
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kotaku says alot of things that are wrong, don't trust them.
So far go with the majority of "first looks".

30 stages, 4 difficaulty settings, until furher confirmation.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sath, I see you are still analyzing the trailer. Well since i m busy i ll just leave my 2 cents of information.

Frankly I prefer the prototype NG2 type blood, the amount of blood didnt make it to the final purchase, but I believe blood is better than the visual blur, In my opinion, regardless its a day one purchase for me.

The dismemberment gave birth to many glitches I guess they couldn't fix, and some of the enemies attacks animations are overpowered. So I m guessing its better this way, the colors on the enemies will grow on me. I just hope ryu gets to wield an extra weapon other than the diabilahro type weapon.( like genshins sword stand alone).. And its never too late to add another male ninja extra like Hayate( since they have momiji and ayane in the ranks. Well here's to dreaming.

I believe the colors were inserted in to signal one that he should use an OT on the opponent, because at times when fighting multiple opponents it was hard to figure out who you actually de-limbed at first amongst the crowd.
PS. Marbus in this game will probably be a boss in the mission mode or CO-OP mission mode because the purple fiends are his minions, and possibly most of the previous enemies from the original game will be in the co op missions because they all fall under the vigoor emperors assistant MARBUS, so this means new OT animations. Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbTvrgwcNvg&feature=channel_page
that is the footage of the prototype build, the amount of blood was enormous, but there was still blood glitch at 0:27. and there are limbs rotating in air and what have you in the final build so I guess the decision for sigma2 to be clean was from the fundamental origins of the bugs.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all opinion Slickcat, respected.

But I personaly feel the blood in the one you showed is good, but its over the top, reminds me of Kill Bill.
But even Hayashi said in a interview that he wanted a cleaner, slicker look to NGS 2, and whenever I saw the trailer it reminded me of the original NG that I loved.
He also said that he doesn't want the game to sell on the blood and gore so he returned back to the roots of original NG with minimium blood, but now with decapitations.

My thought was the same that the purple essence (and green on the fiends) is to show the player when a enemy is decapitated so they are careful, in NG2 it was too crowded and the screen was a mess to notice anything.

It will grow on us all like any other thing in NG has, same goes with small amount of blood.

For example in FF CG fights when Cloud does a omnislash on Sephiroth many times, no blood only visual effect, that is how I learned to not care about the blood, as long as the visual effect is there to look prety and as a eye candy.

Hayashi would do the biggest favor to fans ever if he added Hayate and Kasumi in it in co-op, that would be any DOA and NG fans dream.
But having Ayane and Momiji is ine enough for me to the roster, but who knows what the future holds considering Hayashi said he would like to support future DLCs for this game.
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
iv been looking over the trailer and this new effect thing is starting to grow on me but the same time im hating that fact that the blood is not there i thinking its censoring i mean its got to be concerning cos im going to be rely upset if it isnít

and another thing y is it purple ok I cud understand for Ayane and I would understand if it was blue for Ryu when hes using the dragon sword cos the dragon swords UT colour when it charges is blue

I prefer this, just look how awsome that is. I don't think anyone can deny that blood makes it so much more enjoyable

I agree 100% that theres soooo much blood thats missing in the NGS2...

The theme of NG2 was blood/flesh blasting all over the place... but far as I can see they have dissabled so much
blood that you notice more lighting effects rather than blood in the combat... sure its nice to see some visual effects but not THAT much...

I love the new features with characters, online COp and new boss battles,....but dissable that much blood
from the original NG2 is a big shame actually.

I hope they change it in the end, otherwise people will actually notice huge difference between the games.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see this put up so here u go it an intarvew with Hayashi
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47180.html

ok going back to the hole blood thing i really donít get this Itagaki's and Hayashi's style i think if its not broken donít fix it and in the case of the blood it wasnít broken and Hayashi fixed it i mean i really do like this new style even if it is purple all the time put thatís only going to be visible when your in combat what about after can u imagine if there were limps every were but no blood its going to look like thy didnít finish the game.

@ Sath i donít have a problem with the first game but now if i ply it after iv played NG2 im really going to miss the blood and if I remember correctly the first game did have blood even if it wasnít a lot but it didnít have purple mist and another thing about Itagaki's and Hayashi's style is that it was Itiagaki's style to have lips cut off and all that so is Hayashui going to get rid of that and we got to remember that thereís more then just Hayashi in Team NINJA all this may have bee some one elseís idea like with Ninja Gaiden DS the idea for having the DS on its side was not Itagaki's idea he as actually against it at first

Iv been looking over the forums over at Gametrailers.com and at the comments on several other sites and every one wants the blood so i think thy should really bring back the blood im positive that they could but the blood back in and still keep this new style it would look so cool I can already see that Izuna Drop that Ryu did in the trailer with blood and mist

i think we realy got to stop this hole Itagaki's and Hayashi's style thing it makes no sense since the game Hayashi is working on is Itagakis game and like I said before I have no doubt that Hayashi is going to do a brilliant job with this and this is most defiantly going to be the best NG

O and hi alldin i got you message at GT and Sath how r u making those gifs
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringerofchaos888 wrote:
^Very much so.

I gonna go out on a limb and say if this game is better than Itagaki's versions, it will finally show that it wasn't anyone else's fault but his.

I think he limited the series potential.

I have to disagree. Taking a existing game and add new features under a different persons is not a correct comparsion. Once again Itagaki made NG1 and his new disciple turn it into sigma. Now same thing happen to NG2, once agian his disciple turn it into sigma 2. If his disciple made a entire new game then that would be different.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make a good point.

Although, I'm still glad to see him gone even though it's not under the best of circumstances.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so did u guys see that co op interview i but up well in there Hayashi say that thy listen to the complaints of the critics about the game like the camera and fixed it but whatís getting at me is that the critics were 360 player so basically what the guy did was listen to all the complaints and problems of the 360 player and fixed them problems and released the game on the PS3 thatís just brilliant logic right there

and what i want to know is did the critics say that thy didnít like the blood?

2 pics i took with my mobile showing what im going to miss the most if thy loos the blood or even lower the blood

^ i would have took a picture of the bodies on the floor with blood around them but its raining and the blood was washed away

^ i should have taken off the flash for this picture but i donít know if u can see but thereís blood all up the wall and even on the ceiling
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is ALOT of blood in NGS just like that as well. On the walls, floor, ceiling.
I will take a screenshot of the demo when I decide to play to show you the blood.

What pisses me off is that in NGS 2 their limbs dissapear as soon as the mist shows up, annoying!
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u know were this new mist thing would look rely cool. when you change the weapon instead of it just appearing out of thin air thy should have a bit of mist on Ryuís back that forms in the weapon
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_10370_en.html

There is blood, for example when Ryu chops the leg off of the ninja and then stabs the sword to his head.
Not much but there is blood, maybe even less than NGS.

The mist shows like it is coming from the bodies, like if they were demons and their spirit escapes from their body.
But the human ninjas are weird when it shows up like that with no much blood and their limbs dissapears.

But whatever, it will grow on me, Ayane, Momiji, online co-op, new ninpos, extra bosses...etc. will take its place.

Btw...

NGS2 is on right, looks sooo much better!
http://toku.xdisc.net/cgi/up/ttt/nm11634.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9080/73709390.jpg
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we got all that we can out of this blood issue I think its time we moved on to some thing else

Lets see what about the weapons ok so far what weíve seen 3 new weapons right
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I tried to take the best shot I could.
NGS has quite alot of blood there, but, it goes away if it overflows too much and replaces with new ones, but its there.

Now if NGS2 can provide this much blood and not like NG2 with no blood being removed after quite some time with new ones, I will be very happy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: