ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 confirmed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 confirmed Reply with quote

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173295

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2346/09031715063935c0281fe85.jpg

Now, if this version fixes all the problems from the 360 version, than Im going to be pretty jealous and a bit pissed Evil
Ninja poop
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: C01d M455cre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graphics look so nice and soft, and Ayane looks like a playable character...

Luck PS3 owners are lucky. Cry Baby

I wonder if there will be an update for everything on the 360 market place, Probably not...
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.

I'm getting a Ps3, so this is good news for me.
I hope they give the graphics the sigma treatment.
Mesharey
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Mesharey Live

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some translations of the text:
- It will be an upgraded version of Ninja Gaiden 2 (not a direct port)
- Set to release in autumn 2009
- The magazine will be reporting new elements in coming issues
- Producer and director: Yosuke Hayashi (From Sigma)
- Development: Team Ninja

New features in the PS3 version:
- New weapon - spiked hammer "Genma"
- New giant boss battles not in the 360 version
- New playable character - female ninja Ayane

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2346/09031715063935c0281fe85.jpg

:O :O :O
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, lets hope they do something similar for the 360... IT'S GOT PLAYABLE AYANE! WHOA!!

That spiked hammer... this is just speculation but wouldn't that be the Halo 3 Gravity Hammer they were working on for 360 version, but junked by Itagaki because it didn't really fit into the game style?

and i'm quite certain that all those new bosses were probably the design team thinking "Itagaki's gone... but WOOT! BRING BACK MY DESIGN!!" (refering to interview/video on enemy designs)

Still, this makes me happy for one reason: Ninja Gaiden / Ryu Hayabusa STILL alive and running! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BANZAI, gonna get it for sure, Good thing i got both consoles.. Hope kitetsu does come back into the game, miss that weapon
mtkilla
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question WHAT? this is unbelievable (lucky i owned both ps3 and 360) however i will not be buying this. this game was meant to be on 360 and 360 only. now tecmo have gave the game juiced up graphics. i am not satisfied but rather disappointed Evil
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Are you one of those who are involved in console wars, The only valid reason why you shouldnt buy the game is because you have NG2, Now I on the other hand did not buy the mission mode as well as the DLC costumes because i was against it, NGS2 will have all those in one pack, does me the favor and i can actually feel accomplishment unlocking them one by one, rather than DLC. Plus Ayane is playable and new weapon.

So stop yapping that its for 360, you have both consoles , use it.
ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/17/famitsu-reveals-ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-for-ps3/

what Takehaniyasubiko posted. Lol, i can imagine the conversation...

New President: MUST REVENGE ON ITAGAKI! ... YOU guys are going to help me...

Team Ninja: *laughs*

New President: ...OR ELSE...

Team Ninja: Here it comes! start the recorder... Very Happy

New President: I'm dissolving you guys with the Dynasty Warriors Team

Team Ninja: !@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@# Mad okay okay, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2!!
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First...hell yes!
I did not expect another NG title (remake or not) to be announced this soon, and on top of that, to be released this year!

Second, it is not a direct port from NG2, with knowing Hayashi he will add some sort of a new gamplay mechanic like he did with NGS from NG.

This game is for PS3 owners, nobody is forcing someone who owned NG2 on 360 to buy this again considering it is ONLY on PS3 and PS3 in players in mind.

I owned NG2, but I regret trading it in considering 3rd person hack and slash games is lacking this gen, so this is the only franchise to be a AAA.

Now that I don't own a 360 anymore, I will definitely pick this up day 1, regardless with the problems (which I assume some of it will be gone).

The new weapon Genma is a big weapon, and I hate such weapons, won't even bother much with it.

Ayane is a female version of Ryu, seeing her in DOA4 makes you wonder how she plays like in NGS 2, finally I say, I wanted Momiji, but Ayane will definitely do.

And it also says new "elements" will be showned later on, which I don't know what they mean.
Notice in one of the screens were Ryu and Ayane is next to eachother pulling a Ninpo together, I hope it is a gameplay mechanic and not a cutscene.

Also, look at the violet like color images around Ryu, that was not in NG2, I don't know what it is, but I hope it is some sort of a attack move.

One move that needs to go is the DASH and 2 moves that needs to come back is one handed backflip and siderolls!

And hi Alex Wink

By the way, do not expect DLC from NG2 to be in NGS 2.
Remember NG to NGS, the lack of outfits and the mission modes...don't expect anything.
With this gen, DLC is like religion to the devs.

PS. I hope they didn't remove gameplay recordings.
And...Alex, no custom music, most devs don't do this on PS3...no!!!!!!!!!
But I will rip NEW music tracks from NGS 2 considering with new levels and such it is bound to have new tracks like NGS, hopefully a new Speed and Crash Very Happy

See you on MSN Wink

By the way, this is what Tecmo was talking about with their "greatest game ever" to be showned on GDC and on PSN.
We will definitely see a trailer of this during GDC next week with new information and images along with it.

I hope the trailer is as badass NGS was (lets face it, NG2 trailers SUCKED), and then they add it on PSN for 720p and 1080p version Very Happy
RYU81
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF???again??I have PS3 and xbox360 but I hate this news,why release in ps3??and Yosuke Hayashi only know to get work from Itagaki then remake!!!then all people say Sigma better than original.grrrrr
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

believe me, I dont care as long as they finish and fix the issues with the game, because they are annoying. plus i d take the water running in Sigma anyday. At Sath, dont worry about the cleaver weapon, I dislike those but think of this as diabiharo with nice OTs and probably a UT that isnt the same as the scythe. Talk to you online tomorrow.. HEHE
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a PS3 and 360 then why complain?
Trade NG to NGS 2, problem solved without any comnplications.

Hayashi adds new stuff to what he saw was wrong in NG2.

For example one handed backflip from NG to NGS, helped us to evade front attacks quickly.
Real time d-pad menu, which Itagaki took from Hayashi, same goes with double katana.
Just to show you how it plays out.

If Hayashi made another NGS 2 that didn't do with NG2, it would be a problem storywise and its canon.

Hayashi actually likes PS3 than Itagaki likes 360, so of course Hayashi is gonna make a remake for NG2 for PS3 owners.
But after this, there won't be any more remakes, only sequals.

NGS was somewhat better than the original, they didn't force us to go to menu screen all the time to use potions and such, and running on water was easy access to also be able to fight on it (unlike NG2).

Like I said, trade NG2 against NGS 2 for extra content that wont appear on 360.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

Hayashi adds new stuff to what he saw was wrong in NG2.
---
Link to what he says are "wrongs"?

We know them as Gaiden players but you sound as if you read this.

I'd like to read it too.

For example one handed backflip from NG to NGS, helped us to evade front attacks quickly.
Real time d-pad menu, which Itagaki took from Hayashi, same goes with double katana.
Just to show you how it plays out.
---

How do you know Itagaki "took" the D-pad idea from Hayashi? Link to that please too.

For all I know that was implemented because Hayashi saw it in the early developmental stages of NG 2.

Not trying to be argumentative, just curious about your sources.

My apologies if I read you wrong.: D
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should have thinked this through good before I posted that.

But it can be either.

Either Hayashi did it first then Itagaki did it on NG2 (I bet NG Sigma was in remake development way before NG2 started going into deep thought of gameplay mechanics)...or he saw it in a early development process and took the same idea.

But let's say Hayashi saw what Itagaki did with d-pad menu, why stop with potions only, why not take weapon idea as well.

I do remember they saying in a interview that the double katana in NG Sigma was a prototype that they later on made it fully functional in NG2, that could also mean the d-pad menu could be Hayashi's idea that Itagaki saw it was good and he added weapon switch.
This statement was in a interview long time ago, and its quite impossible to hunt down.

Or for example one handed backflip, I don't remember how many times that move have saved me compared to the back dash.

I even bet the sixaxis shaking ninpo charge will be in NGS 2 as well, it would nice to interact with ninpos like that and see when you fully shake the sixaxis it gives a powerful "umph" feel to Ryu's ninpo...and now with Ayane's Very Happy
And I LOVE those ninpo's and its visual effects!

But whatever, if NG Sigma is any hint of what Hayashi can do, then I fully trust a more refined with extras to be in NGS 2 simple as that, but this all obviously my personal opinion and how I see it.

PS. Slickcat, I actually didn't see Genma weapon as a alternate version of the big sword in NG...in the magazine translation, it said it was a "spiked hammer".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: