ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

do you think they'll make a port to PC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Great Ragnarok
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: do you think they'll make a port to PC? Reply with quote

I'm just wondering because the engine will get more breathing space if they do.
also because it seems that the sales have just about peaked on the 360.
and really the PC doesn't have many games like this. so for PC action fans the only choice right now is DMC4.
Tecmo should give them some competition. what do you think? Wink
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe... Then maybe not.

Isn't Tecmo to busy working out issues?
Regardless, I'm not a PC gamer so either way is fine.

Last edited by Bringerofchaos888 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Ninja poop
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: C01d M455cre

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember you asking this before on GameFAQs, and I honestly don't think they will.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe

Just because DMC got one doesn't mean we get one.

Their game wasn't pure and utter crap compared to their last one.

And who would do it? Tecmo won't let it out of house, they want the money.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell how does a DMC troll end up being a mod in ninja fortress?
if you hate this game soooo much then y are u here?
honestly NG2 would have been excellent if it wasn't for their technical shortcomings.
DMC4 is god awful because of their shortcomings in gameplay. it felt cheap.
and really tecmo should consider the PC platform. they wont be faced with hardware shortcomings.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a troll because I don't think that NG2 is of the same calibur as Black?

I'm sorry that I expected similar craftsmanship from Team Ninja more than once.

Rolling Eyes

Try not to be such an ass hat in the future, alright man?
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:
Laughing

It's his opinion that NGII didn't live up to his the expectations.

And it's an opinion that many people share. He didn't say he hated the game, or it shouldn't exist, he only said in comparison its not as great.

What sanman was saying is the guys over D.M.C. could make a PC port, because the actual team that made the game wasn't having issues, right?

sanman is very, very far from being a troll. Read his posts carefully next time.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringerofchaos888 wrote:
sanman wrote:
Laughing

It's his opinion that NGII didn't live up to his the expectations.

And it's an opinion that many people share. He didn't say he hated the game, or it shouldn't exist, he only said in comparison its not as great.

What sanman was saying is the guys over D.M.C. could make a PC port, because the actual team that made the game wasn't having issues, right?

sanman is very, very far from being a troll. Read his posts carefully next time.

Thank you.

Perhaps I didn't phrase it correctly, let me try again.

There is a difference between DMC4 and NGII. I don't have sale figures, nor hard data, only an assumption.

Did DMC4's development team rush the game out to sue their own company and then leave? No. Did DMC4's development teamstick around with the company, and probalby start another project? Yes. Did they make a comparably shoddy game compared to their last one? No. While DMC4 was not DMC3, it was an entirely fine action game. It works, it runs well. It does what it sets out to do. Compare this to Tecmo's situation at that moment. They lost their (arguably) best development team, its most skilled one, and its figure head, Itagaki. It should be obvious that there was something interfering with the development of the game, as ever single other team ninja game has been of high quality. NGB, the DOA series, those are high quality and calibur titles. Personally, I think NGII was rushed out the door with next to no play testing. I expect bugs and problems with games, but the level of NGII's buggy-ness was abnormal for a normal develpment team, and out of the question for Team Ninja.

Also, consider the Mission mode problem, and how long it took to get the patch out for that game ending error. They lost alot, if not most of, Team Ninja. They probably had programmers working to fix it that did not make the game. That would explain why it took so long to fix something as simple as a patch. I doubt they knew where to look or what to fix if they didn't make the game. Plus the code probaby wasn't up to snuff anyways.

I take all of this to mean that TN planned on leaving long before NGII was completed. It is a good game, sans the problems. I enjoy the combat more than black, I never said I didn't. It is more fun, faster, bloodier, more "next gen," however, its problems with even running cripple the experience. The other day I played the first chapter on warrior, as I'm starting over on my college roomate's xbox, and I went through it all, saved after the boss, and it froze inbetween load screens. Plus because his xbox has never had its cache cleared and has a almost full hardrive, every single fight had slowdown. I expect a game I payed 60$ for to be playable at the proclaimed (60fps) that was promised by its developer. I expect the creators to make a game that their engine could handle, not throw too many enemies in so that the hardware and software couldn't handle it. If you put a game into any 360, it should play the same on the all, and by that, it should play well. Unless it has beta stamped on the package, we should expet the complete package.

So there you go. A troll doesn't take the time to explain thougths like that now does he? I'm quite offended by that remark, just so you know. Look into things better next time would you?

Edit: Ah, I almost forgot my roundabout point there. So, as you can see, all these problems lead me to think that there will never be an PC port. If the original could not be handled well, then who would a) want to try and fix it and make it work and b) what team would do it? I know I wouldn't want to pick up a half finished project that was had blood stains all over it and not know where to start, with a week to finish it. If someone did a pc port of the original code and didn't fix it, it would be a waste of time and money, and if they did a port with significant upgrades and corrections, well, I don't know if anybody wants to or has the will or skill to.

Thats all.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what you originally said
"Hehe

Just because DMC got one doesn't mean we get one.

Their game wasn't pure and utter crap compared to their last one.

And who would do it? Tecmo won't let it out of house, they want the money."

that my friend is a troll post with not much logic or explaining. but your next post was very well explained. so sorry for judging you too soon Sad . and you bring very good points. and I agree NG2's technical problems are very annoying. but I mean the fact that I still put up with it to play the game, says a lot about its gameplay. but yeah you are absolutely right. tecmo wont be able to do this with their best developers gone. but the reason I was wondering about this, is because MS is the publisher. but since this game already sold a million, they wont care. damm this game on PC would've been kickass!
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:

Thank you.

Perhaps I didn't phrase it correctly, let me try again.

There is a difference between DMC4 and NGII. I don't have sale figures, nor hard data, only an assumption.

Did DMC4's development team rush the game out to sue their own company and then leave? No. Did DMC4's development teamstick around with the company, and probalby start another project? Yes. Did they make a comparably shoddy game compared to their last one? No. While DMC4 was not DMC3, it was an entirely fine action game. It works, it runs well. It does what it sets out to do. Compare this to Tecmo's situation at that moment. They lost their (arguably) best development team, its most skilled one, and its figure head, Itagaki. It should be obvious that there was something interfering with the development of the game, as ever single other team ninja game has been of high quality. NGB, the DOA series, those are high quality and calibur titles. Personally, I think NGII was rushed out the door with next to no play testing. I expect bugs and problems with games, but the level of NGII's buggy-ness was abnormal for a normal develpment team, and out of the question for Team Ninja.

Also, consider the Mission mode problem, and how long it took to get the patch out for that game ending error. They lost alot, if not most of, Team Ninja. They probably had programmers working to fix it that did not make the game. That would explain why it took so long to fix something as simple as a patch. I doubt they knew where to look or what to fix if they didn't make the game. Plus the code probaby wasn't up to snuff anyways.

I take all of this to mean that TN planned on leaving long before NGII was completed. It is a good game, sans the problems. I enjoy the combat more than black, I never said I didn't. It is more fun, faster, bloodier, more "next gen," however, its problems with even running cripple the experience. The other day I played the first chapter on warrior, as I'm starting over on my college roomate's xbox, and I went through it all, saved after the boss, and it froze inbetween load screens. Plus because his xbox has never had its cache cleared and has a almost full hardrive, every single fight had slowdown. I expect a game I payed 60$ for to be playable at the proclaimed (60fps) that was promised by its developer. I expect the creators to make a game that their engine could handle, not throw too many enemies in so that the hardware and software couldn't handle it. If you put a game into any 360, it should play the same on the all, and by that, it should play well. Unless it has beta stamped on the package, we should expet the complete package.

So there you go. A troll doesn't take the time to explain thougths like that now does he? I'm quite offended by that remark, just so you know. Look into things better next time would you?

Edit: Ah, I almost forgot my roundabout point there. So, as you can see, all these problems lead me to think that there will never be an PC port. If the original could not be handled well, then who would a) want to try and fix it and make it work and b) what team would do it? I know I wouldn't want to pick up a half finished project that was had blood stains all over it and not know where to start, with a week to finish it. If someone did a pc port of the original code and didn't fix it, it would be a waste of time and money, and if they did a port with significant upgrades and corrections, well, I don't know if anybody wants to or has the will or skill to.

Thats all.

When it comes to the notion that Itagaki and Co. rushed the game out of the door just to sue, that is purely speculation and nothing more and I will explain.

If this were true, then they would have certainly released NGII far earlier than they did. Furthermore, since the lawsuit was based on a game made in 2005 (DOA4) if they were in such a rush to sue, they could have surely went ahead with suing after DOAX2 and not even made NGII. I think people don't appreciate the fact that Itagaki wanted to sign off with his Xbox fans after the NG Sigma debacle. With everyone asking him when NGII was coming out at every turn, he wanted to fulfill that expectation for the fanbase he created. Check any of his interviews between NGB and DOAX2 and you will see. Some people don't see that. All they see is a game that is either too frustrating for them, or has technical issues that are "outrageously unacceptable" to them. It IS quite unfortunate that everybody's Xbox 360 console doesn't run this game the same, but I don't fault Team Ninja for pushing the hardware past the safe limitations they used in Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black. Take into account that Microsoft's hardware isn't all made the same either.

In NG1/NGB there is

almost no lighting engine,

a color palette of mostly greys, greens, and browns

no environmental effects like fire, etc

long stretches of barren terrain with nothing going on

frame rate drops to half during ninpo use

I appreciate how NGII dramatically improves upon all of these things while immensely improving the combat system, speed, and adding limb dismemberment, heavenly blood effects, and new AI for wounded enemies. One of the biggest improvements in my opinion is the thing you seem to oppose -- the increase in enemy numbers. In every version of NG1/B/S most of the enemy encounters consist of only three to five enemies at a time. This is a problem I had with the first game. If you weren't fighting ghost fish, bats, or those flying cyclops with wings, then your fights were always three to five enemies attacking you almost one at a time. NGII is FAR better in this regard, while improving in the previous areas I mentioned.

I think that some people can see the effort they made to push the hardware and appreciate it if their system runs the game well (like mine does). On the other hand some will bash this game as "rushed" and pushed out just so they could sue" if their system freezes and locks up or what have you. For those that had to endure the inexcusable mission mode disaster, I can understand your displeasure with this game. But the NGII that was released on June 4 that I picked up was, and still is, nothing less than the best action game currently on the market. I haven't had a single freeze or lockup yet besides the famous/infamous slowdown on CH 10 stairs that no system could handle this gen.

If you don't believe Itagaki thinks highly of this supposedly "rushed" game, read his Kikizo interview. It was conducted well after the game came out and after his lawsuit was made so he would have no reason to speak well of it -- he calls it the best game he's made yet.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point, neo ryu.

How about posting an intro thread?

http://www.ninjafortress.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3476
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringerofchaos888 wrote:
Great point, neo ryu.

How about posting an intro thread?

http://www.ninjafortress.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3476

Will do so when I get the chance. I also want to add that Ninja Gaiden Black was my favorite game last gen.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

And I think almost everyone can agree on that. Laughing
hayabusa_reiatsuma
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringerofchaos888 wrote:
Great!

And I think almost everyone can agree on that. Laughing

Me too... Can't blame them on that...

<...Made by SS-Asterisk...>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: