ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

No Walkthrough ? Here's one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArcticInferno
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: No Walkthrough ? Here's one. Reply with quote

I see that there's no walkthrough for NG2 on Ninja Fortress.
Here's the most comprehensive (and complete) walkthrough, so far.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/943273/53015
It could be tweaked a bit here and there, but it's still very good.
Other walkthroughs are overly ambitious, and also unfinished.
Because of the copy right, I don't think you can simply copy/paste the contents over, but I'm sure you can post a link.
Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It *is* very good. I used it a couple of times on my first runthrough (particularly the "why am I dying after Zedonius?" part). What's best about it is that it's NOT by VampireHorde.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, Vampire's NG2 FAQ is the most complete one to date.
There is also a very good one at: http://mahalo.com/Ninja_Gaiden_2_Walkthrough

Anyway, speaking of Zedonius, I find him to be the toughest of all the 4 greater fiends, because there doesn't seem to be any consistent way to beat him.

Some observations (on warrior mode) that I noticed:

1) Best to stay mid-range with him, running around and dash-jumping etc.
If you stay to far, he'll spam his 2 kinds of projectiles non-stop, and worst still, the teleport-stomp, which I would say is the hardest-to-evade attack in the game.
If you're too near, be prepared to eat his instant, no-tell-tale-signs grab.

2) While doing 1), wait for him to do the ground-explosion attack (large flames bursts out from ground), evade it and treat him to a long combo

3) When he's on the ground and he does the 2-fireball-shoot attack, aim a flying swallow at him and it should bring him to his knees to pause, and there's a lot of time for long combos when this happens

4) For the teleport-stomp, I still can't quite understand how to evade it consistently, but my tries so far seems to be that if he's on top of you trying to stomp down, run for a bit and dash-jump outta the way as the radius is very big.
However, out of 6 times he does that, I can only escape 2 times at most.
This seems to be even harder to dodge than Alma 2's projectiles.

Anyone found dash-jumping and changing directions to be successful?

The worst part is when he summons 4 Gajas and the camera doesn't show Zed at all, and all of a sudden, he did that move mentioned in 4) above.

By the way, Edge, you should make Zed vids for us to watch and learn. SmileSmile
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using walkthroughs for any game completely defeats the purpose, in my opinion. I still refuse to use anyone else's strats and I'm killing myself right now on Master Ninja. Started to farm on Chapter one to make it easier, then decided I didn't want to think that's the only reason I could beat it so I just pressed on. Anyone with a 20+ hour clear time under Master Ninja difficulty farmed like a little bvtch. A LOT. My clear time for Mentor is considerably shorter than most people on Warrior and that's just sad.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Rubix42

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not sure how much a walkthrough really helps you on this game. Strats to kill certain enemies may help, but really, it requires time, patience and quick reflexes, and I'm not sure a walkthrough can teach you that.

I didn't farm at all, but my Mentor run I am on Chapter 10, have over 300k in essence, full items and maxed weapons. I don't see much use in farming. Maybe a little bit on the first level to make the first couple of levels easier, but really, that is the hardest part of the game.
Nikar
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, NG2 isn't a puzzle/walking game like Resident Evil etc., so a walkthrough isn't really gonna help.

However, what we need is a very detailed walkthrough on how to fight each of the bosses with each weapon, what are all the different attacks they have, the damage of the attacks, the range etc., how to avoid their attacks (different ways), and what combos to use on them etc.
And it would be great if NG2 has something like AAxel's NGB Advanced Combat FAQ. That really rocks. Smile
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, Its best you figure it out yourself, thats were the fun is at.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exploring a game is half the fun. Remember that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: