ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Cut Scene's
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xion
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: xion4360

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the case of Ninja Gaiden 2, not having any pre-rendered cinemas was a technical choice that needed to be made..not only does in-game cinematics allow for cosmetic changes to be applied to the cinematics themselves (Different models for situations/difficulty levels, in-use outfit desplayed in cutscenes) but the main reason why there are no pre-rendered cinemas in the game is because High Quality video requires a large amount fo space, wich would have eaten up the amount of space on the DVD-9 very quickly...Team Ninaj has allready filled the disc in DOA4 very quickly because of the CG cinemas, and in DOAX2 aswell because of all the high-res assets. It's easy to understand why Team Ninja would have decided to go with all in-game cinematics, to conserve as much space as possible for game assets..

Final Fantasy 360 Forums-Join Now!
ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes you wish they spanned the game over 2 DVD's, then NG2 would have been the first action game to span over 1 disk... But that would've taken ages to come out.
Sizzler77
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: Windowlicker77

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense I guess I can just go back to NGB and watch them if I want to see more. Oooorrrr Team Ninja can do a Ninja Gaiden movie since they are so talented with CG. haha
Xion
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sizzler77 wrote:
Makes sense I guess I can just go back to NGB and watch them if I want to see more. Oooorrrr Team Ninja can do a Ninja Gaiden movie since they are so talented with CG. haha

Team Ninja does not produce CG cinemas. They are sourced out to other production studios.

Also an action game that spans more than a single disc would be rediculous. There is no sense in it, the in-game cinemas are fine and in truth going to be more and more of a reality with technology continuing to advance. I dont enjoy CG anymore, and i allways prefer something done in-engine. Just look at MGS4, or DMC4. No need for CG.

alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xion wrote:
Sizzler77 wrote:

Team Ninja does not produce CG cinemas. They are sourced out to other production studios.

Also an action game that spans more than a single disc would be rediculous. There is no sense in it, the in-game cinemas are fine and in truth going to be more and more of a reality with technology continuing to advance. I dont enjoy CG anymore, and i allways prefer something done in-engine. Just look at MGS4, or DMC4. No need for CG.

well yeah its true of what ure sayin.... the next-gen is tryin to have cut-scenes without CG to
show that the technology of graphic has been updated alot.
Sizzler77
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a wealth of information about Team Ninja thanks. It's all about your taste thats just the name of the game. You don't like CG and I do, I was joking about the movie. I think great graphics with CG can make a game atmopshere more believable. MGS4 is a much more polished game than NG2 thats why it looks better.

Agreed more than one disc for the game is crazy. Maybe the Blue Ray disc has a advantage here?
Xion
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sizzler77 wrote:
You are a wealth of information about Team Ninja thanks. It's all about your taste thats just the name of the game. You don't like CG and I do, I was joking about the movie. I think great graphics with CG can make a game atmopshere more believable. MGS4 is a much more polished game than NG2 thats why it looks better.

Agreed more than one disc for the game is crazy. Maybe the Blue Ray disc has a advantage here?

perhaps. But thats not what were talking about. MGS4 does have better cutscenes, but thats the focus of the game, unlike NG2. I was just giving an example.

Sizzler77
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, with 90 min + of cut scenes the focus is not purley gameplay. Don't get me wrong I love NG2 for the action game it is. A bad ass ninja game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: