ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

So what do you think of the game?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: So what do you think of the game? Reply with quote

I got mine today, Ive been pretty busy today but I finally managed to play a bit.

Im on chapter 3, and I realized that the chapters are pretty damn big.

Acordin to me, I think EVERYTHING is just awesome...

I dont think the camera bothers me, it still reminds me of the old verison but
I personaly think it was better made now that you have a button to choose a first person mode.

And acordin to the OT, god oh god... i just love every SINGLE combat in the game.
Best part is the camera zooming in to the OT or UT... just too awesome.

Speaking of enviroments, I thought it was very beautiful, honestly.

Im only at the beginning of the game, so I cant realy tell what I think of the story...

but overall I would say the game deserves more than GTA IV. Since everything is so action packed
and brutal..

comparing this one to the old one.... this one is ALOT better.

what do you think guys of it? Did it turn out as you expected? =D
Ninja poop
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: C01d M455cre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think this game deserves a solid 9 from me, the only problem is the amount of enemies, fights last as long as 5 minutes with fiends, fighting ninjas however is very fun and awesome. Bosses are very fun because they have less of a pattern and more of tactic, however can spam grabs on me quite a bit when im not paying attention.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you Itagaki!

Hayashi had better ideas for this game, just look at NG Sigma.

Backflips, rolling, better Ryu animations in terms of acrobatics, no tapping A for running on water, great water combat.

But Itagaki removed all of that, except you can fight on water but you have to keep tapping A to be on the water.

This whole top leaderboard thing to upload videos is a joke!

The dodge makes you still vulnerable, which is sad because it was suppose to replace the roll move.

The bosses are a joke, atleast not the Greater Fiends.

The subway metallic worm boss, the water ghost dragon, that big turtle that makes a nuclear warhead explosion in the end...etc. cheap!

Some of enemies are a huge joke as well, soldiers that shoots like 8 rockets at the same time, but then you got another soldier doing the samething so you got 16 rockets coming at you furiously and you cant even dodge them, let alone the archers or the big enemies that looks like fiend with high tech armor on them, all of them at the same time...stupid!
And that wasen't in Test of Valor, just a normal chapter.

There is no BALANCE in the game.

This game is definitely harder than NGB was.
I don't remember NGB being this hard on Normal and giving you enemies that makes twice the damage :S.

I am definitely sure I won't be able to complete Master Ninja anytime soon, or at all.

I got no essence to buy much so I am doomed.

Funny how in NGB on Normal I always left items behind because I had everything on max that I couldn't carry anymore, but here I always need them.

Worst enemies in this game that I consider "wtf":

Werewolfs
Archers
Soldiers with rocketlaunchers
Red ninjas with claws and Incediary Shurikens
"Alien" enemies
Dogs!
Fiends with high tech armor
Purple flying fiends with fireballs

All those enemies comes in packs, large packs and their damages are way too much and they grab you every few seconds they can, especially the werewolfs and the red ninjas.

This game deserves an 8 for sure, and this time for once I have to agree with the reviews, the camera seems to be half decent this time around.
Considering they went with a bit tighter areas and more enemies I am surprised the camera even keeps track on Ryu.

The difficaulty...I honestly think Warrior is Hard and Acolyte is Normal Confused

And some of the music tracks in the game is awesome, some not so much.
But my guess is that you unlock the OST when beating the game once, just like NG and NGB and NG Sigma was, so I am gonna start ripping it when thats done, unless someone else does it Very Happy

I am on Chapter 8 I think, the one with Zedonius in the snow level...seriously, I have never been so much frustuated playing NG on Normal Sad

This doesn't nessecarily means its a bad game, far from it...but it has alot of frustuated situations were you just scratch your head and keep thinking "wtf just happened, I blocked and dodge".

I know I blame myself for not trying harder but do you blame me, the game got bad enemy balance, they mix enemies and send them to you, doesn't make any sense.

So far, I give this game a 8.5/10, and as a harcore NG fan, I am surprised I am giving it that much.

Difficaulty on Normal is ridiculously hard AT SOME POINTS, and camera is half-good and bad.

If they release a patch like Ninja Gaiden 2 Black with fixed glitches like not getting hit by blocking or dodging and the camera it would be great.

And the uploading videos...honestly Confused
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lot of people are getting their asses handed to them and want something to complain about...reminds me of the reviews. Wink

Seriously though, aside from the camera needing some work in close areas and in boss arenas, some levels being confusing for a few minutes, and the last boss rush culminating with the two cheesiest bosses ever, I love the game. It's everything I hoped for and more. You guys just need to brush up on your skills.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering Itagaki wanted this game to be accessable to more new comers, thats not gonna happen.
But honestly, it is hard, but I am still playing it and gonna master the fatherless child game.

But after Warrior, I will play Acolyte because I want to know the bosses weaknesses good enough so when I go for Mentor I know where to hit them.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting review, as for me i ll prbly play path of the warrior a million times before proceeding to harder difficulties.
And so cyberevil whats your strategy for taking down the enemies shooting rockets, i d seriously like to know
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickcat wrote:
interesting review, as for me i ll prbly play path of the warrior a million times before proceeding to harder difficulties.
And so cyberevil whats your strategy for taking down the enemies shooting rockets, i d seriously like to know

I string cancel everything and go for OTs. With the DS, I used XXY, then either interrupted with a quick shuriken or just dashed to cancel. XXY has an incredibly high limb removal rate, so I use that to go for UTs on nearly all enemies. Try that out. Got me through Warrior without much trouble. Works great on the zombies with chainsaws and cannons too.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS, Shurikens so they get "stunned" so I can get their and do a Flying Swallow or whatever
Anything long range will help.

The thing is, they are never alone, they always have single rocketlauncher soldiers with them, or with machineguns, or worst like those high-tech armored fiends.

Like you said Slickcat, I too will not continue until I know the enemies weaknesses like the back of my hand, that is how I got good in NG, NG2 seems much more "complicated".

I might go up on score though from 8.5 once I mastered the enemies and bosses, but so far its being a b***h at me, but I knew what was gonna happen.

People kept saying it is easy, but some say it was very hard.
Keylay say it was very hard, harderthan NGB, but I thought she meant on Mentor or MN, not on Warrior that is suppose to be Normal.
RYU81
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sath:

Hayashi did remaking for old NG for xbox,he have all ideas.he not have creation ideas like Itagaki.he only add some few ideas and some ideas from Itagaki like dual sword and about tapping A to be on the water,that one exit in NG1 in stage 2.

-about upload videos (I care alot about it but is that mean is goos for other people)
-The dodge makes you still vulnerable, which is sad because it was suppose to replace the roll move.(didn't make different me is still useful like roll move)
-The bosses are a joke, atleast not the Greater Fiends.(also in NG1 there some boss are joke)
-The subway metallic worm boss, the water ghost dragon, that big turtle that makes a nuclear warhead explosion in the end...etc. cheap! (I'm agree with this)
-Some of enemies are a huge joke as well, soldiers that shoots like 8 rockets at the same time, but then you got another soldier doing the samething so you got 16 rockets coming at you furiously and you cant even dodge them, let alone the archers or the big enemies that looks like fiend with high tech armor on them, all of them at the same time...stupid!And that wasen't in Test of Valor, just a normal chapter.(that why I like this game more than NG1)
-This game is definitely harder than NGB was. (I'm agree with this)
-I got no essence to buy much so I am doomed. (this in path of warrior but in Mentor will need to alot of essence to buy items)
-I give this game a 8.5/10(for me I give 9.7)
-patch like Ninja Gaiden 2 Black(I hope for only to fix camera and other thing not need it for fix it)
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
Sounds like a lot of people are getting their asses handed to them and want something to complain about...reminds me of the reviews. Wink

Seriously though, aside from the camera needing some work in close areas and in boss arenas, some levels being confusing for a few minutes, and the last boss rush culminating with the two cheesiest bosses ever, I love the game. It's everything I hoped for and more. You guys just need to brush up on your skills.
The man that steped up and said the words I could not.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do care the uploading video thing ALOT, that is probably my MAIN issue here.
I hate the fact that you have to be on top leaderboards just to upload a video and send it to your FRIENDS through friendlist.

I don't care about karma or whaever, I just want to watch how my friends play or so they can watch mine,t hats all I wanted.
Not that I just want to see how pros play, if I wanted to see that, I would just jump on youtube-train and watch it there and most of them doesn't even do Karma runs.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't win for loseing...
Juzzz
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: Juzzz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: So what do you think of the game? Reply with quote

alldin wrote:
I got mine today, Ive been pretty busy today but I finally managed to play a bit.

Im on chapter 3, and I realized that the chapters are pretty damn big.

Acordin to me, I think EVERYTHING is just awesome...

I dont think the camera bothers me, it still reminds me of the old verison but
I personaly think it was better made now that you have a button to choose a first person mode.

And acordin to the OT, god oh god... i just love every SINGLE combat in the game.
Best part is the camera zooming in to the OT or UT... just too awesome.

Speaking of enviroments, I thought it was very beautiful, honestly.

Im only at the beginning of the game, so I cant realy tell what I think of the story...

but overall I would say the game deserves more than GTA IV. Since everything is so action packed
and brutal..

comparing this one to the old one.... this one is ALOT better.

what do you think guys of it? Did it turn out as you expected? =D

nice i expect mine today.. but first work then play i hope.
later i give my review ^^,

Ninpojanne
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Ninpojanne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy just arrived to post office. Gonna fetch it in 15 minutes and propably give half done review of it. If I can.
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: Juzzz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninpojanne wrote:
My copy just arrived to post office. Gonna fetch it in 15 minutes and propably give half done review of it. If I can.

LOL you have to get it?
i get it at my door from my home ^^,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: