ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Some pics from my vacation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Fortress Community
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigalski
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

Gamertag: Bigalski
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Some pics from my vacation Reply with quote

I thought I'd post some pics and give some of the good/bad details about what happened on my vacation. We flew out to Las Vegas because it was cheaper to do that and rent a car compared to just renting a car here in Houston for 10 days. It was also a better place to start out than having to drive through Texas. We drove 5759.7 miles and got almost 28 miles to the gallon so with gas being an average of 3.60, we spent about 740.00. Sad During the trip we went though 14 different states and yes, it was all worth it. We tried not to go on any Interstates or drive past dark if we could help it but it happened a few times. I drove the whole time other than Shelly holding the wheel so I could stretch. Razz We did not take the most direct route as my friend Jason said. Wink Here's a bit of what we did each day and where we stayed at night. We took 540 pictures and over 10 hours of video. I'll post a few pics now and maybe add some later on.

5-7 Hurricane, UT - 145 - We drove straight there from Vegas that night and that's when the car started giving us problems.

5-8 Bernalido, NM - 578.3 - We had a blowout right before the 4 corners turnoff so we had to go to Albuquerque to get a new car. This was a 400 mile out of the way detour.

5-9 Garden City, KS - 722.2 - We drove longer than we wanted too because there wasn't any hotel rooms in the smaller towns because of graduation.

5-10 Des Moines, IA - 671.5 - It rained most of the day but I got to see my old pool buddy Jason.

5-11 Savage, MN - 549.3 - We made a 240 mile trip 300 miles longer so we could see more of the country. I finally got to meet Reim0027 and his family. \Very Happy/

5-12 Baxter, MN - 206.8 - I had to stop for the day because I got a slight concussion from slipping in the hotel bathroom. At least I got spend some more time with Reim. From what I remember, we had another great time. Wink

5-13 Belle Fourche, SD - 837.1 - Again, longer than we wanted because of the lack of hotels.

5-14 Hot Springs, SD - 313.9 - This is the area by Mount Rushmore, Devils Tower, and the Badlands.

5-15 Cheyenne, WY - 630.5 - We backtracked a bit to catch some sites before heading back towards Las Vegas.

5-16 Tuba City, AZ - 757 - I can't believe I missed the 4 corners again. I was not a happy camper. Evil Evil Evil

5-17 Las Vegas, NV - 348.1 - Returned the car and got ready to fly back to Houston. Got to meet Dot and her boyfriend Tim for lunch. More good times.

I know it sounds like it was a rough trip and some of it was but all in all, America is a beautiful country and we had an awesome experience. Cool Cool If you can ever get out and travel, I highly recommend it.

Here we are in Mount Zion NP

Close to Taos, NM

Cattle Ranch in KS. Gotta love that smell. :-& This was actually a scenic overlook.

This says it all.

My friend Jason and his wife Annette. Their 7 week old twin boys are asleep.

Looking across the Mississippi River from WI to MN.

Eating breakfast at the IHOP with Reim0027 and his family. I'm really glad they took the time to drive down and meet us. It was a blast.

This was out in the middle of nowhere in ND.

We past the marker but couldn't get a picture of it.

Devils Tower

Crazy Horse. We were far away and six Mount Rushmores could fit in his face. They said it won't be finished in our lifetime.

Mount Rushmore. It was a majestic experience and place for me.

We always seem to run into one of these guys.

Badlands NP

All motorcycle riders should go here at least once. To bad it wasn't during the ride. Sad

Hi from 10,910 feet.

We got there at 7:58 pm and the lady was closing the gate. I told her that I drove over 5000 miles to see this but she said she had to go home. I pleaded with her saying I only needed 2 minutes but she say bye. Needless to say I was extremely angry because I missed it going and coming. I thought about hopping the fence but since it's on the indian reservation, I'm sure that wouldn't have been a good idea. Man that just sucked and I even dreamed about it that night. The bad part is that even in my dream, I couldn't get in. Hopefully I can get there one day to take my cheesy photo.

Having a good time with Dot and her boyfriend Tim at Wynns. It was really cool to meet them.

Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very nice.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Fudge was that bison on the HIGHWAY?!

That blows that the beeyotch closed you out, but wise observation about the Indian Reserve, your luck would have been either an angry indian ambushing you or the cops driving by right as you hop the fence.
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:

Is it sad that I scrolled up looking for a picture of M. Bison immediately after I read that?
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dances w Ninjas wrote:
sanman wrote:

Is it sad that I scrolled up looking for a picture of M. Bison immediately after I read that?

Question Exclamation Smile Very Happy Laughing

You should've killed it and made beef jerky.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dances w Ninjas wrote:
sanman wrote:

No, thats what I call SFSRD.

Street Fighter Synapse Response Disorder.

There are hotlines.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Its no way in hell you made that up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Fortress Community All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: