ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Itagaki, Kojima and TN's next game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mesharey
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Mesharey Live

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Itagaki, Kojima and TN's next game Reply with quote

Quote:

Ninja Gaiden II has got some great previews from the press Ė how proud of it are you?
Iím very happy with it. Itís not 100 per cent as I think thatís not possible to do, but I think that I was successful in making a game that no one else could. This is a game that only my team and I would be able to make.

Is NG II the definitive action game of the year?
Well, MGS4 is also coming out right at the same time. I think itís out of those two.

I think Hideo Kojima (director of MGS) is very much like myself. He believes that heís creating a game the world will love. I think that whatever he does is going to be great and because our two games are fundamentally so different, I think I will enjoy his game as much as I think he will probably enjoy mine.

Will you be creating a Ninja Gaiden III or IV in the future?
I know that I personally wonít be making Ninja Gaiden III or IV. Just as Dead Or Alive 4 was the definitive game in that series, so is Ninja Gaiden II. For myself and the friends whom I work with, I feel we put our hearts and souls into this Ninja Gaiden II.

How important is the online aspect of the game, such as with Ninja Cinema facility on Xbox Live?
We felt it was something that the fans wanted and that it would be cool to have the feature. We already have a long history of working on replay modes in the Dead or Alive series, it was something we thought might be cool. Itís more of a bonus feature than anything.

Have you got any other projects coming up?
Yes, I will be working on a totally new title from scratch.

Can you tell us anything about it?
About all I can say is that it will have violence in it.

Do you prefer to develop on the Xbox 360, rather than the other consoles?
Yes. In my opinion it is the most powerful hardware. I have a lot of friends that develop on it so in some ways I regard it like being at home when Iím working on it. Thereís no reason for me to go to a strangers house to make games.

Are there any other games or developers that you admire?
There are lots of developers I admire, like my mentors. In the west I find Peter Molyneux to be a really interesting character and I always enjoy his speeches. I wish I could be like Peter some day.

Itís been a good few years for western developers Ė some commentators have said Japanese developers are in danger of falling behind. What would you say to that?

I do believe that western developers have more skills at incorporating new technology into games straight away, theyíre very efficient at that. However, if youíre talking about core game design and core concept I think itís difficult to say who is better or worse.

For better or worse there is no other studio in the world that could create a game like Ninja Gaiden II, other than myself and my most trusted comrades.

http://www.mcvuk.com/interviews/260/Ninjas-theory

So, I think PP is the next game from Team NINJA, Code Cronus will be their last game in this generation I guess.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, the title made me think that Itagaki and Kojima were making a game together.

Will have to wait til July to find out more about this new title.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out what kind of game it would be.
Fiend_called_Bob
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it hard to figure out?

Code Cronus.

Sig made by SS-Asterisk.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of that before.

What is it?
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Ninja Gaiden'ish game outside of Ninja Gaiden/DOA universe would be great!

But something tells me that his next project won't be something in my liking, but we will see.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringerofchaos888 wrote:
I've heard of that before.

What is it?
^
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project Progressive better be his next game.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://games.kikizo.com/features/itagaki_iv_jun08_p2.asp

Quote:
Kikizo: You mentioned to us before that Saito-san would begin production work on Code Cronus once this game was finished, so I am wondering if that has now begun?

Itagaki: So in terms of what I'm going to be doing in the future, we'll be releasing more information probably some time around late June or early July kind of time frame, so you can expect to hear more around then.

Kikizo: Dead or Alive 5, obviously you have announced it - do you think it will be another Xbox 360 exclusive, will you work with Microsoft once more?

Itagaki: That will be part of our announcement later in the summer.

Kikizo: We look forward to that. Thanks for your time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: