ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

EGM podcast talks about the first 6 chapters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: EGM podcast talks about the first 6 chapters Reply with quote

http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/EGM/040708.mp3

Itīs quite old(4.8.2008), so maybe some people have listen to it already.

For me there were no spoilers, but some people might be spoiled. So be warned.

Topics:
- level design
- story
- combat
- camera

This guys really bring it to the point in terms of storyline. First of all, the story telling in the first 6 chapters is even worse than the entire story telling in NG1 Sad Itīs quite ridiculous!!! They really highlight the totally absurd story.

The New York level seems lacking on detail and is shabby designed. It also manages to misslead you despite the fact that this title is more linear than NG1.

less promising quote: " I absolutely loved NG for the xbox, coming to it now, this is great, but it wasnīt moving me in the same way, and part of that is because... many games have come close to it..."

more promising quote: " This is the flying body parts and heads game of all time!" \Very Happy/

This might sound a bit negative, but the podcast is actually quite funny Mr. Green
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to this last month. It's ok. That didn't much of anything. I only think one guy at 1UP likes Ninja Gaiden. And that would be the Milkman (forgot his real name).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MCD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Keylay said, most of them are pro sony/DMC.

also they are usually negative in their podcasts (they slammed mass effect left and right yet the review was high) so no worries.
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive heard this one before... but remember that its only telling 6 chapters...

i mean the first ninja gaiden had 15 chapters... and NG2 is about to be even bigger than the first game.

And dont listen to what one of the dudes sayin what the New York level looks like...
because from the other 1up.com videos that ive seen he said; "the enviroments are realy reaaalyyy detailed"....

I personaly think the game looks damn beautiful enough to play, no matter what the story is like its still sounds
great to me... Devil May Cry doesnt make any good sence of their story, and its not that intressting game eather.

I thought the story Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox was kinda hard to understand and get the main point of the game
than just getting revenge and bring back the dark dragon blade....

But NG2 has good point of the storyline wich is actually from what ive heard on the game video scenes
to resurrect the archfiend called Dark Radaj.... wich sounds damn exiting already...

its only 6 chapters they have played... there is alot more to know in the game... so dont care aobut them,
wait till the game comes out Wink
Vigaku
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Vigaku

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think those guys really know what they're talking about. I believe the story will be decent enough to enjoy and not as terrible as they claim. The new york level looks absolutely amazing so I have no idea what they mean when they say it's uninspired. I'm sure when the game releases, it'll get a high score from them and a lot of other websites. I think the only thing it will get low scores on would be the story but that to me won't seem like a big factor.
TheNightbringer
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you don't even play ninja gaiden 2 for the amazing storytelling. It will be probally not be that amazing but still really entertaining. (or w/e it is spelled)
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: Juzzz

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE i did not listen to that yet so hmmm @ work now with NO headphone...
ok going to search for one Razz else tomorrow

EDIT:
listen to it now.
my English is not so good but after 24 min of confusing i hear "we will be back in a minute, next we goign to talk about Ninja gaiden 2" like OMFG 24 for nothing Razz
goign to listen now ^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: