ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Team NINJA Freaks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolBlackKnight wrote:
Oh Itagaki... Us little ninjas seem to constantly surprise you... 40 hour game that got finished in 15, lol.

His "Kingdom" got raided. Laughing

Screw Kingdom, I want an entire CONTINENT to lay my Ninja skills on.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Vigaku

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 hours is pretty short in my opinion (I'm sure it'll be shorter for experts). I hope it does last longer than that and I hope there is over 16 chapters as well. It would be kinda sad to see the sequel have less levels. I was also hoping for more than just 8 weapons but having all armlets on at one time is a nice touch. I wonder how much the vigoorian flails changed. I'm also glad to see they've improved the water dynamics.
Tenken
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: WRT Tenken

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when you think about it was estimated at 30-40 hours. If the person had any sort of skill at NG then that timed would certainly be shortened. I know Ninja Gaiden took me 22 hours on my first run (I sucked, still do for the most part) and the new few didn't take half that time.

Really, 15 hours is a lot considering that more was promised. DMC4 offered 15 hours by the developers estimate, most, on a first run, could beat it in 8 or less.
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if I ask... but what did they mean by "DLC will be in the game"

"Download contents will be in the game" ?? or u still have to download the contents?
Vigaku
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure what they mean is they will add contents for you to download at a later time for the game like the hurricane packs. As to when they will be available, I don't know. I hope they don't charge us for it.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vigaku wrote:
I'm pretty sure what they mean is they will add contents for you to download at a later time for the game like the hurricane packs. As to when they will be available, I don't know. I hope they don't charge us for it.

They will. Almost anyone does.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 hours is pretty good for this gen, i am actually surprised by this, i thought it would be very short.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCD wrote:
15 hours is pretty good for this gen, i am actually surprised by this, i thought it would be very short.

TN said they are aiming for 40-50 hours.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't complain as long as there isn't insane backtracking. (DMC4)
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCD wrote:
can't complain as long as there isn't insane backtracking. (DMC4)

There wasn't much backtracking in the original NG as far as I know. So this won't be too hard. Tairon was more of a hub so any backtracking went through there. Plus that Muramasa was only a few steps and fights away made it not a problem.
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were aiming 40-50 hours, they have added extra missions in story mose that are directely linked with his revenge. Or maybe more aventure moments, I mean, remember the Egyptian tomb in NG1, it was not too hard but enough to enjoy Ryu's agility and his running wall skills for anything else than fightings.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah most likely they will charge us for the downloadable content. As long as it's a lot of downloadable content like new missions, costumes, bosses, and enemies then I wouldn't mind. As for the game's length, 15 hours is pretty good however the first ninja gaiden was 20 hours give or take on someone's first run through so 15 seems just a bit disappointing considering sequels are usually greater in scale. I also think that those 15 hours were not done by expert players but actually casual gamers so i think that means that expert NG players will beat normal mode in half that time. Hopefully I'm wrong about that but time will tell. I won't mind much if the game is 15 or so hours and less than 16 chapters as long as every level is completely different from the other. Keep in mind that the first Ninja Gaiden had you revisit some sections a few times throughout the 16 chapter adventure.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first playthrough took me close to 20 hours. So I wouldn't mind at all if this would be twice the length. I predict that NG2 will be linear in the sense that there are multiple ways through a chapter, with only one of them open for travel (see Tairon, locked doors and such). I don't mind at all, I hate it to discover everything in the first five minutes.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I m a bit disappointed by 8 weapons only.. ohh well will just have to manage. And it took me 45hrs to finish just normal on first try. I never played easy difficulty in any games.. but now i can beat it in less than 10hrs except for masterninja , which i beat in 13hrs - 14.. I m hearing that the sonia person is the second playable character.. she had better have nice combos. I hated using rachel in sigma.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickcat wrote:
I m a bit disappointed by 8 weapons only.. ohh well will just have to manage. And it took me 45hrs to finish just normal on first try. I never played easy difficulty in any games.. but now i can beat it in less than 10hrs except for masterninja , which i beat in 13hrs - 14.. I m hearing that the sonia person is the second playable character.. she had better have nice combos. I hated using rachel in sigma.

45 hours? I guess you got your money's worth. I think 8 weapons is enough. There were more in the lab game but most of them weren't unique. If there are too many weapons, you probably wouldn't use them all.

And we don't know if Sonia is playable yet. Or anyone else. I still have hope for Momiji though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: