ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

I thnik auto-healing system make game too easy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vigaku
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Vigaku

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was that in ninja gaiden 2 blue orbs and potions will both heal your permanent damage bar so they work in the same way. Yes blue orbs are much more helpful when an enemy drops one during battle but if no enemy is dropping any than you need to make some space during battle and press start or now just hit the d-pad and go to your inventory to use potions. Still both will heal your permanent damage. Like I said, if potions or blue orbs didn't heal your permanent damage, it would be stupid. Especially potions because then there would be no use for them. Just give us more chances to get blue orbs if that's the case like ninja gaiden ds.
Juzzz
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: Juzzz

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think you really need to play it first ^^ and then see if its easier or not?
hope its better
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenken wrote:
Source: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/ninja-gaiden-2/864847p2.html

Quote:
The way health is managed in Ninja Gaiden II has also changed. You'll no longer have to constantly switch out to menus in order to use healing items to keep your meter up, as your health bar will naturally replenish itself when out of combat. To keep health items viable, however, a change was made to the health bar itself. It's a system similar to that of many boxing games, in which health will replenish itself with a breather, but the size of your health bar will slowly diminish due to "permanent damage." In NG2 it's called a necrotic effect, but we just call it the bad red bar that eats into the good blue bar. You can remove this more permanent damage by using healing items or visiting the healing/save point, however, which are spread out liberally enough to keep the action flowing, at least on the easier difficulty settings.

There's the proof, then. It still strikes me as odd, since it will allow players to get full life before most battles, and I thought that was what permanent damage was supposed to prevent.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: WRT Tenken

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, potions are supposed to be much more limited, both in finding them and in the amount that can be carried.

It's highly doubtful that you're going to be completely healed before every battle. What if, before you use one, most of your lifebar is in the red anyway, full auto-heal plus a single potion won't max it back out.
Vigaku
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Vigaku

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potions are suppose to be saved only for dire emergencies like tough boss fights. Since you can't heal during battle and probably on easier difficulties you won't fight bosses with enemies around them that give blue orbs, you'll have potions to help you. Besides that, I'm sure that before a tough battle, there will be a save statue to heal you completely. I'm sure there will most likely be a save statue before every boss fight so you can go in full health. From what I've read, there are enough save statues to help you progress pretty easily compared to the previous ninja gaiden. This is probably why I haven't heard too much on the game being somewhat difficult yet. Most likely this is because there are enough potions, blue orbs, and save statues to get you by. I remember people saying that the previous ninja gaiden's normal mode was difficult but now it seems that NG2's normal mode is more like ninja dog and path of the warrior doesn't seem to be that hard either since casual gamers are getting by it and not complaining as much. I'll have to wait and see how hard the game really is for myself but it seems I won't start to get challenged until path of the mentor and path of the master ninja.
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vigaku wrote:
Potions are suppose to be saved only for dire emergencies like tough boss fights.

And allowing them to heal permanent damage makes them useful out of combat, discouraging their use in these situations. That's basically the reason I think it's weird, but I'll see how it ends up in the game before I judge it.
Wink

On the note of save statues; I thought there were plenty in Ninja Gaiden Black, I don't really like the idea of getting a lot more. >.<
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just want to give you always a fair change. This way before a boss or w/e you will have a full healbar. In NG (black/sigma or 1) you just bought alot of potions and stuff to ''endure'' the boss fight. Somethimes if you didnt have enough pots you couldnt beat that part. Whit this new system you'll just have a fair change.
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: Juzzz

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe you say its goign to be easier BUT they said to that the game is going to be even harder SO that's balanced out?
i think you would be glad that the potions are healing your perm.. health.

i think its going to be SO freakin hard (the insane dificulty)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: