ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

3 Consecutive flying swallow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: 3 Consecutive flying swallow Reply with quote

what's everyone thought about this? i am worried that this might make the game whole lot easier.

i really wish someone would ask Itagaki about this.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itagaki won't make this game easy. It wouldn't be NG if it was.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Itagaki won't make this game easy. It wouldn't be NG if it was.
True, but are you refering to gleam of the heavenly dragon.

Last edited by Bringerofchaos888 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how many times i see it, i keep thinking of how non-physically correct it is...

I think the reason for including it was so you could decide whether you'd want to land in front of or behind your opponent after the flying swallow.

So if i piled up all my enemies in a circle, flying swallow once would put me in the middle of them, thus disadvantageous. But flying swallow twice would put me outside the group so less threat, more advantage.

Still, i'm guessing there's going to be a counter unit like those white military soldiers in NGB that stab you whenever you FS.
MCD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, i am hoping on harder difficulties i can't risk more than 1 flying swallow or even nothing (like you mentioned with the white guards)

all enemies need to counter it.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's called "Flock of Swallows". I say that name in a video of Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword. I don't think it'll make the game easier becaue enemies will be able to block and dodge it like they did in other Ninja Gaidens. I think it's kind of cool how each weapon does Flying Swallow differently. With the Falcon's talons, Ryu does flying swallow and launches the enemy and himself in the air. With Reaver he does Flying Swallow and grounds the enemy. And with the Dragon Sword he does it three in a row.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Itagaki thought of the problem of easiness. I guess he just wanted to add another cool move.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD

I like how you guys are worried, but its silly.

Those demos are on easy and normal, I'm sure, and you can pretty much abuse FS on ninja dog and normal in black. However, as soon as you touch hard and up, you get a stick up your ass whenever you try it, so basically you won't touch any FS type move for any weapon once you realize you'll get raped for trying it.

Doh.

Itagaki will not dissapoint in two areas, this much is certain, there will be insane difficulty somewhere, and there will be big bouncing boobs elsewhere.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

i was actually hoping we won't get another rachel-like character, the girl in the NDS game or ayane are good looking without the need to show much skin, this is my own opinion anyway.

I'm just worried that TN are gearing this more for casuals, even on Normal, I'd like to be challenged just like in NGB, i want the game to own my ass in every damn difficulty and encounter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: