ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Itagaki blog on ign
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Itagaki blog on ign Reply with quote

I just came upon something...

http://blogs.ign.com/TecmoTeamNinja/2008/01/29/78698/
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! I wonder what this new Flying Swallow move looks like. He said "slash, slash, slash". What I'm thinking is something like Ryu's UT with his True Dragon Sword. Maybe doing like three back and fourth. Or maybe he just changed the animation. I'll be sure to check out his blog every now and then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally Im not that pleased with the new swallow attack. If you can do it now three times in a row, then it makes the UT less exciting, because it would look like the same move just with fewer hits.

I hope they maintain the balance as good as in the original game
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderfalke wrote:
Personally Im not that pleased with the new swallow attack. If you can do it now three times in a row, then it makes the UT less exciting, because it would look like the same move just with fewer hits.

That's called a rushed conclusion.(At least I think it is, I could be wrong, I just translated the Dutch term)

Anyways, I'm still a little skeptical on this. I just don't understand why he'd do it. But if he really is going to do what he says he will(And I must say, he usually does), I think it'd be pretty cool.
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha... If the "Flying Swallow" attack was a "Slash,Slash,Slash", i think the UT is a "Slash ??? Times"...

Anyways, I find the old "Swallow Attack" a bit too... Unfashioned and obselete for NG2 if they used it...

<...Made by SS-Asterisk...>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
Nice find! I wonder what this new Flying Swallow move looks like. He said "slash, slash, slash". What I'm thinking is something like Ryu's UT with his True Dragon Sword. Maybe doing like three back and fourth. Or maybe he just changed the animation. I'll be sure to check out his blog every now and then.

I was right about the new flying swallow move from the GDC demo video.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
Keylay wrote:

I was right about the new flying swallow move from the GDC demo video.

Good Call.

I hope some of the stuff they pull off in the vids is just put in or over simplified, because if you can pull off those kind of stunts all the time that easily, I don't know, it seems to be a little too overpowered....
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:
I hope some of the stuff they pull off in the vids is just put in or over simplified, because if you can pull off those kind of stunts all the time that easily, I don't know, it seems to be a little too overpowered....

Have you ever watched the videos of some of the masters? You can't honestly tell me you think they make Ninja Gaiden look hard. Of course, you realise how hard it is what they do, how much effort they put in, because you've already played the game and tried the same. It's the same with this, it looks easy, but I expect this game to feel and play a lot different from the previous Ninja Gaiden. And of course, this video was meant to show people what the game looks like, the player is meant to come to the end. When it'll be running on our consoles, I think the intention is going to be a bit different.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon_Maior wrote:
sanman wrote:

Have you ever watched the videos of some of the masters? You can't honestly tell me you think they make Ninja Gaiden look hard. Of course, you realise how hard it is what they do, how much effort they put in, because you've already played the game and tried the same. It's the same with this, it looks easy, but I expect this game to feel and play a lot different from the previous Ninja Gaiden. And of course, this video was meant to show people what the game looks like, the player is meant to come to the end. When it'll be running on our consoles, I think the intention is going to be a bit different.

I've watched numerous vids by the masters, high score EL runs, no hit no ninpo no anything runs, etc, etc. They make it look like cake, but having played the game a large amount of time myself and beating all but, hmm, three missions on MN, and get decent scores all across the board, I can say that this looks overly easy, knowing how hard it is to do certain things like no/no/no runs. I mean, comon, some of the enemies are just pushovers in this demo. And ninpo is spammed, and there just seems to be either a)crappy playing by the person and/or b) an easy overall difficulty.

Then again, i still can't wait to get my hands on it.

And its a demo, which are never like the real thing completely...
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:
Daemon_Maior wrote:
sanman wrote:

I've watched numerous vids by the masters, high score EL runs, no hit no ninpo no anything runs, etc, etc. They make it look like cake, but having played the game a large amount of time myself and beating all but, hmm, three missions on MN, and get decent scores all across the board, I can say that this looks overly easy, knowing how hard it is to do certain things like no/no/no runs. I mean, comon, some of the enemies are just pushovers in this demo. And ninpo is spammed, and there just seems to be either a)crappy playing by the person and/or b) an easy overall difficulty.

You can actually tell the difficulty is on an easy setting. Enemies barely do any damage to Ryu and Ryu can kill them with the simplest combos. Not to mention the permanent damage Ryu gets is very minimal. It's not uncommon for developers to demo their games in conferences on the lowest difficulty setting actually.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
sanman wrote:
Daemon_Maior wrote:
sanman wrote:

You can actually tell the difficulty is on an easy setting. Enemies barely do any damage to Ryu and Ryu can kill them with the simplest combos. Not to mention the permanent damage Ryu gets is very minimal. It's not uncommon for developers to demo their games in conferences on the lowest difficulty setting actually.

Thank God

For easy he was getting raped more than he should though....
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blog update

http://blogs.ign.com/TecmoTeamNinja/
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderfalke wrote:
Blog update

Cool.

Yes, I don't like bugs either. I've sometimes spent hours looking for simple bugs in my code. I wonder what kind of bugs Itagaki was having with Ninja Gaiden II. When I was making a game in a group, we had some pretty funny/strange bugs.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
Wanderfalke wrote:
Blog update

Cool.

Yes, I don't like bugs either. I've sometimes spent hours looking for simple bugs in my code. I wonder what kind of bugs Itagaki was having with Ninja Gaiden II. When I was making a game in a group, we had some pretty funny/strange bugs.

Bugs take alot of forms. In this game, it could be graphical bugs, or in terms of the scoring system. Parts where there is extensive math going on are good places to get a bug in your code.
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The longest part is not to write all the codes but the find and correct bugs. I have experimented it (even if it was very rudimentary for me).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: