ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NGII at GDC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: NGII at GDC Reply with quote

Here is a GDC live update: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/853/853363p1.html

Itagaki is playing a NGII demo on a new stage right now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Team NINJA
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new trailer and pics, awesome,

Ninja Gaiden II
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, June 3rd is the release date.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres another one

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30806.html
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He used the word HUBRIS!!! Hubris is the coolest word anyone has ever thought of(closely followed by apathy). Ninja Gaiden II is now officially better than Ninja Gaiden I. Razz

The new bit fat metal club thingies are cool.

And Ryu still keeps his trap shut.

EDIT: that one is the same as mentioned before, Arch.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched any NG2 vids at all really, so this was the first one for me, and I must say.

Holy Hell

First off, the lunar?! What the heck happened? Its heavy, its slower, it has chain flail things swinging, and the UT was pretty much a Ninpo infused bad assery wipeout. Seriously...

UTs charge way too fast it seems...

THe whole experience is streamlined, cool.

TONFAS FTW

o.O

Was that green essence?!

Enemies die too fast, can we just start on hard or very hard please?

June 3? I can handle that, but I can't wait to unleash the new stuff. Dashes aren't that bad, really. They are quicker it seems. A roll would still be nice though..
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:
I haven't watched any NG2 vids at all really, so this was the first one for me, and I must say.

Holy Hell

First off, the lunar?! What the heck happened? Its heavy, its slower, it has chain flail things swinging, and the UT was pretty much a Ninpo infused bad assery wipeout. Seriously...

TONFAS FTW

o.O

Was that green essence?!

June 3? I can handle that, but I can't wait to unleash the new stuff. Dashes aren't that bad, really. They are quicker it seems. A roll would still be nice though..

How have you not been watching Ninja Gaiden II videos?!

Yea, UT charge fast. When he was charging Lunar, do you think an enemy attacked cause I saw like black lightening when he was charging.

The bodies of the big fiends didn't stay but the ninjas did. I dont' really care if they stay or not though.

UT all seem longer and more focused on one enemy. People may still be able to spam them but they may loose the time bonus. Hopefully, the bonus for Obliteration techniques are more than the bonuses for Ultimate Techniques.

The fiends with the chainsaws arms seem slow. Like the zombies in Ninja Gaiden. I hope they get more aggresive.

I like the new stage. It looks dark and cool.

I was hoping for an actual trailer (showing the new girl, Genshin, and story) but I'm satisfied with this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
sanman wrote:

Holy Hell

TONFAS FTW

o.O

Was that green essence?!

How have you not been watching Ninja Gaiden II videos?!

Yea, UT charge fast. When he was charging Lunar, do you think an enemy attacked cause I saw like black lightening when he was charging.

The bodies of the big fiends didn't stay but the ninjas did. I dont' really care if they stay or not though.

UT all seem longer and more focused on one enemy. People may still be able to spam them but they may loose the time bonus. Hopefully, the bonus for Obliteration techniques are more than the bonuses for Ultimate Techniques.

The fiends with the chainsaws arms seem slow. Like the zombies in Ninja Gaiden. I hope they get more aggresive.

I like the new stage. It looks dark and cool.

I was hoping for an actual trailer (showing the new girl, Genshin, and story) but I'm satisfied with this.

I had a low grade cable connection before, but recenlty got a high one, so I can dwld and watch vids easily, so yeah, I was all pics before.

I dunno, maybe the lightening was the finishing of the charging for the UT......odd...

Ninpo doesn't do "much," compared to before. Good, then you can't just ditch a fight and get away clean. Bout time!

Yeah, those are basically pimped out purple zombies it seems. If this is "normal" or lower, I expect them to kick some ass later on in higher difficulties. Aren't enemies supposed to gang bang Ryu when it gets harder? Somtin like that...

The story might not be serious, but that cutscene was pretty intense. Seems to be more angst in the scene....or something. And that was actually a cool villain, ya!

I hope they give a demo soon-ish, even if there isn't much in it....

And those weird spine enemies, or whatever, looked cool. At least they aren't recycling everyhing. I can do without drones and army dudes though, leave them out please! *glares at rocket launcher dude*
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the demo with some scythe gameplay and comments from the translator. Canīt remember his name. Scythe seems to be upgraded in this vid.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6001_en.html

edit: the pictures from gamersyde are available in 1080p at neotaku

http://www.neotaku.com/gallery/v/games/ninjagaiden2/
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of me making a new thread, I just found out that the game is releasing at.... err planing to release by:

June 3!
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the new record feature.I wonder if the creature that is going to be resurected might be Doku. Cool

The Number One Mortal Kombat Resource
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blob I'm so excited by this video!! Words and smiley are not enough to describe my mood!
I can't wait for NG2 release. However, it will let me time to save money to byu an XBOX360. Jun 3rd? Gametrailer says MAy 20th
I won't talk about disappointing Lunar but the tonfa/morgenstrern look awesome. I would love if Ryu fights with a Kusarigama.

This temple is great, it reminds some DOOM's levels. But I'm affraid of getting lost ^^'
Ennemies die so fast. I also hope the game will be playable on hard directly.

If I'm enough brave, I'm gonna make a drawing of Ryu in this temple, like I did in Venise.
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iīm also worried about the fact that the enemies die too fast. I hope they played it on easy mode.

The new weapon, Tonfa, or how they called it, didnīt impress me at all. I think that it actually looked quiet boring.

The most disappointing about this video was the new flying swallow attack. Since Itagaki mentioned something about it on his blog, I knew that it would end up like this. Firstly, it looks unnatural. I know, Ryuīs skills are kind of supernatural in general, but somehow they always looked very natural in NG 1. This new swallow attack looks just stupid. I think it looks more brutal and impressiv when he does one strong hit like in NG 1. And scondly, now it differs not much from his UT, therefore his UT lose itīs impressiveness.

Nevertheless a really nice demo. I really hope they make the game more acherontic and with some scary moments Twisted Evil

Last edited by Wanderfalke on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't June yet Cool
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the video again and again Very Happy beside all the badass action and beautiful visuals I noticed that they have a lot of bugs. There were some bugs in other vids too, but this time itīs very obvious!

At one point Ryu walks/jumps through a rocket when his doing the UT with Lunar and during the fight with the ninjas his legs disappear in the ground constantly Sad

By the way, the official homepage has a new look. Itīs a background that we all know from a screenshot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: