ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Itagaki's top 10 Ninja Gaiden moments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Itagaki's top 10 Ninja Gaiden moments Reply with quote

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/848/848869p1.html

Quote:
Now that I think of it, most action games that have been born out of fighting game franchises tend to fail miserably, and that's a problem for me. I'm looking at you, Death by Degrees and Virtua Quest.

lol. Reminds me of the first time he mentioned Death by Degrees in a 1UP interview.

Quote:
After finishing Ninja Gaiden 1, for the first time I realized how much easier it is in so many ways to make a game where the lead character is male.

Hmm... I wonder what he was thinking there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be me but that guy seems a lot less arrogant than he used to. I mean he actually stresses that he think Ninpo in Ninja Gaiden sucks.

Anyways, it's a really cool read, thanks for finding it, Keylay.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is true ninpo?

And well, males are just easier to understand is all Wink
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Itagaki's top 10 Ninja Gaiden moments Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
Quote:
After finishing Ninja Gaiden 1, for the first time I realized how much easier it is in so many ways to make a game where the lead character is male.

Death by dregrees i think. Nina is the heroin.

Ninja Gaiden cannot fail like these games because it is an old game at first, it has great foundations. Plus, with such a good gameplay it is impossible for it to sink.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:
What the hell is true ninpo?

You can't seriously be asking that, right? Go watch some videos or read some interviews with Itagaki. He said he didn't like the Ninpo in Ninja Gaiden because it was used as an if-all-else-fails-use-this-button. Or at least, could be used like that. He wanted it to be more of a thing you use to just get a minor tactical advantage, rather than one to wipe out everything in sight. In videos you should note that the Art of the Wind Blades usually only kill s the enemies that are really near Ryu and only harm ones that are more than 7 feet away. Often severing a limb, but never killing everything.
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Itagaki's top 10 Ninja Gaiden moments Reply with quote

Hanoko wrote:
Keylay wrote:
Quote:

Death by dregrees i think. Nina is the heroin.

Ninja Gaiden cannot fail like these games because it is an old game at first, it has great foundations. Plus, with such a good gameplay it is impossible for it to sink.

It just shows that man have a lesser range of "predictability and personality" in every aspect. I was searching for Ninja Gaiden Black in a store and found a title called "Red Ninja"... I pulled it out of the shelf and my face went "-.-"... The lead character was a female... Not trying to be bias or anything but I feel that guys should be battling danger while the gals back them up... Like, in this case, Ninja Gaiden...

But, if Itagaki was to be a female, I think Ninja Gaiden would be led by a female... Or worse I don't think Dead Or Alive and Ninja Gaiden would exist...

<...Made by SS-Asterisk...>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think him saying its easier to make a game with a male lead is referring to the feminist out there...

When you have a male character, you can make him do ANYTHING you want to him including strip, torture, humiliate and kill him and noone will say much.

But when its a female and you strip humiliate torture and kill her, someone gets turned on by it while someone else think it's for perverts while a politician calls it degrading women's role in gaming and a scribe calls it unrealistic because in reality you always have to care about the girl's dignity and emotional response concerning her every action..
hayabusa_reiatsuma
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ultrasinc wrote:
No, I think him saying its easier to make a game with a male lead is referring to the feminist out there...

When you have a male character, you can make him do ANYTHING you want to him including strip, torture, humiliate and kill him and noone will say much.

But when its a female and you strip humiliate torture and kill her, someone gets turned on by it while someone else think it's for perverts while a politician calls it degrading women's role in gaming and a scribe calls it unrealistic because in reality you always have to care about the girl's dignity and emotional response concerning her every action..

Its the vice versa for parents too...

<...Made by SS-Asterisk...>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How complicated it is =o!
It could be a challenge to make a great game with a female character, and it is possible! (cf Tomb raider ^^)

Do you often see stripped characters in video games??
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: bogetsu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh! I like Murai nunchaku fight too, but it is cool the Samurai horse boss? Laughing
I don't think so
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: