ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden DS demo at DS Download Stations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Ninja Gaiden DS demo at DS Download Stations Reply with quote

The newest update has the Ninja Gaiden DS demo we've seen in past videos. In case you don't know, you can go here and find the nearest download station (GameSpot, Best Buy, etc.) and you can download the demo. However, not all stores have the update yet which came out a few days ago so you might want to ask. None of my stores have it yet. Once you download the demo, it'll remain on your DS until you turn it off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ninja Gaiden DS demo at DS Download Stations Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
The newest update has the Ninja Gaiden DS demo we've seen in past videos. In case you don't know, you can go here and find the nearest download station (GameSpot, Best Buy, etc.) and you can download the demo. However, not all stores have the update yet which came out a few days ago so you might want to ask. None of my stores have it yet. Once you download the demo, it'll remain on your DS until you turn it off.

Can you give us an impression when you get it? Since I won't be able to download it, I'm curious about what it has to offer.
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got to download it today. The graphics are even better than I expected. I was surprised they can do this on the DS. My highest score so far is 109,820. And of course, UT give you the best score. The controls are pretty nice. I thought the jumping was different when I read the previews. To move you just touch the screen and keep the stylus pressed against it and Ryu will move there. If you just tap the screen, Ryu will throw a shuriken. If you do an upward stroke then Ryu will jump. Another upward stroke will make him double jump or a downward stroke will make him do a downward slash. Or while jumping, a horizontal stroke will make him do Flying Swallow. Every other stroke does an attack. Scratch left and right to do UT.

Combos:

down, down, down (3 slash combo)
down, up, up (2 slash -> Izuna drop)
down, down, up (3 slash -> Izuna drop)
down, left/right, left/right, left/right (4 slash)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got to download it today. The graphics are even better than I expected. I was surprised they can do this on the DS. My highest score so far is 118,626. And of course, UT give you the best score. The controls are pretty nice. I thought the jumping was different when I read the previews. To move you just touch the screen and keep the stylus pressed against it and Ryu will move there. If you just tap the screen, Ryu will throw a shuriken. If you do an upward stroke then Ryu will jump. Another upward stroke will make him double jump or a downward stroke will make him do a downward slash. Or while jumping, a horizontal stroke will make him do Flying Swallow. Every other stroke does an attack. Scratch left and right to do UT.

Combos:

Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a new score: 120,061.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got the time to try it, but I'll import it (high chance) when it comes out.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
I finally got to download it today. The graphics are even better than I expected. I was surprised they can do this on the DS. My highest score so far is 118,626. And of course, UT give you the best score. The controls are pretty nice. I thought the jumping was different when I read the previews. To move you just touch the screen and keep the stylus pressed against it and Ryu will move there. If you just tap the screen, Ryu will throw a shuriken. If you do an upward stroke then Ryu will jump. Another upward stroke will make him double jump or a downward stroke will make him do a downward slash. Or while jumping, a horizontal stroke will make him do Flying Swallow. Every other stroke does an attack. Scratch left and right to do UT.

Combos:

There are more combos than that....right?

Can you charge UT's?

How many weapons?

How does the ninpo work out this time around?

Big open areas or just kinda funneled to the enemies?

Eh?
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are more combos than that....right?

That's pretty much it. I missed left/right, left/right, left/right, left/right. You can kind of create your own (i.e. down, up, 3 shuriken, jump(up), flyingswallow (left/right)). Itagaki did mention that he wanted to add more moves.

Quote:
Can you charge UT's?

Yup. You just slash back and fourth really fast. The charge is MUCH faster than in Ninja Gaiden if you keep going back and fourth. It takes 3 seconds to make UT with no essence.

Quote:
How many weapons?

Only the Dragon Sword and your projectiles are shuriken. But from the videos, there is also a bow.

Quote:
How does the ninpo work out this time around?

You tap the ninpo icon, and then you just outline the kanji character that appears. A fireball is created and it moves to wherever you move the stylus.

Quote:
Big open areas or just kinda funneled to the enemies?

There not that big really. Probably hard to show a big area on a small screen.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm...sounds limited, but interesting at the same time....

Kinda free form the combos, like redninjax

So...its completely possible to spam UT's.....thats inventive Itagaki, thanks for that...

Aha, so now he can control his balls of fire? So Ryu, when did you learn that? I always thought you just auto targeted whoever you wanted!

Yeah, makes sense.

And I had another question...

About karma? No, thats not it...

I can't remember, cheers Party
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:
Aha, so now he can control his balls of fire? So Ryu, when did you learn that? I always thought you just auto targeted whoever you wanted!

Laughing

ZeroRenzo
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yup in ngb it was annoying that he allways shooted the mininos when i wanted to burn the boss's ass.
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeroRenzo wrote:
lol yup in ngb it was annoying that he allways shooted the mininos when i wanted to burn the boss's ass.
Actually you can kinda aim the Ninpo.
Just point the Left Control Stick in the direction near an enemy and Ryu will shoot there.

ZeroRenzo
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i tried but i always hit the other guys so i left it there anyways thanks for the advice Party
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XNinjaRed wrote:
ZeroRenzo wrote:
Actually you can kinda aim the Ninpo.
Just point the Left Control Stick in the direction near an enemy and Ryu will shoot there.

This I know, but I had to make that comment <.<

Works for me ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: