ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

The chance of loosing limbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: The chance of loosing limbs Reply with quote

In two interviews, Itagaki said that every move has a certain chance of removing a limb. I don't like this idea at all. It kind of makes the game random. You remember from the TGS demo. Ryu was using the claws and did the counter move for nunchaku / vigoorian flail and it took the head off of the fiend with wings. Ryu only used that move on one of them too and it still decapitated them. He got a 11 hit combo on another one and still didn't kill the fiend. It seems to easy to remove an enemies limb. I'm guessing the chance gets lower on higher difficulties but it'll still be random. Imagine if your competeing for a better karma score with someone and you both start out with one move but it decaps for one person and not the other.

I'd rather have it that when the enemies life is at 20% or lower then a move will decap otherwise it would just cause damage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itagaki really loves his gambling... There's usually some form of gambling aspect appearing in most of his games.

Anyways, yea, the random percentage thing is kind of lame. I don't like the whole 'pull the lever on the slot machine and hope for the best' aspect. It just takes control away from me and leaves too much to chance.

The only way I can see it working is if certain moves have a very high chance of taking off a limb (Like a 95-100% chance), while weaker moves only have like a 5-15% chance. If it was like that then it won't be too much of a problem because you can always use key moves to pretty much guarantee you'll cause some kind of dismemberment.
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't want single strike moves to decapitate. I think they should make harder moves have a higher chance of decapitation, like Runaway Lightening. While you can do it over and over again, it's not easily spamable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I hear you. That's sort of what I was talking about, only certain key moves should have the ability to cause a dismemberment 95-100% of the time. (Ex. Flying Swallow (Maybe not this move though), Straight Haze Slash , Certain Counter Attacks... etc.)

They could even toss in a "the lower the enemies health is/the higher the percentage that a dismemberment can occur" type feature. So if you have an opponent who only has like 10% health left, then any normal move will have a 80% (or whatever) chance to cause a dismemberment.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: no XBL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the 1 hit dismemberments were in the demo just for show's sake. It wouldn't make sense to kill an enemy in a single, easily spammable move Confused
I will wait for the demo to give my opinion on that feature anyway Razz
It's my wood!
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm glad I don't play for karma!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: