ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Pan's Labyrinth opinions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Pan's Labyrinth opinions? Reply with quote

I just saw this movie today, and I have to question why its getting so many great reviews. It never picks up. IMO, it explains what could be said in 20 minutes in 2 hours. There were some cool parts, but alot of it was either non-sensical or useless. Why do we need to use the hourglass when we draw the door. Whats the point of the book of cross roads when its only used 3 times. I figured the movie was going nowhere after the first task. Am I alone on this, because its gotten SO many great reviwes, but its not that good to me. Its got some interesting special effects, but the story goes nowhere. Anyone else want to share?
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen it but it looks kind of trippy. The movie definately looks imaginative.
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some parts are imaginative, Ill give it that. The sad thing is, the parts of the trailers are pretty much the only ones in the movie. Most of the movie is at The girls stepdads house, as a war is going on.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really, did not know that... Interest level dropping. So, would you say the movie is about 60% based in the house and 40% based in the surreal fantasy world? Or is it more like 80% real and 20% surreal?
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like 80/20. Shes only not in the real world like...around 2-3 times if you dont count the Labyrinth (which isnt that spectacular. You might wanna wait till its on DVD.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the fact that the poor little girl found a way out of the cruel reality she was living in.
Even if the movie tries to make you wonder if all the fantasy was actually real or if it was real only in the girl's mind, it is a relief to see that after all, (even in her dreams) she reached a better life. And how the sorrow of her death transforms into a hope for her happiness...
Almost a recreation, of what we like to think about death...

I think this movie is great not in terms of the story itself (nor the SFx), but in the philosophic point of view of human kind, trying to find the means to make life a better place, even if it has to be in a life after this one...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: